Nazarene Space

Circumcision requirement in order to eat of the Pesach lamb?

Do you think a disciple of Yeshua must circumcised himself to celebrate Pesach? Because the Torah says that a person uncircumcised of the foreskin can not celebrate Pesach, but Yeshua is our Pesach and if he is our pesach and a uncircumcised person can not eat of it means that only the ones that are circumcised may eat of Yeshua the Lamb of Elohim. I am circumcised and i made the hatafa, but i have this question in my mind, because i dont think that liberation given through the Lamb of Elohim is in hands of the circumsition of the foreskin, but what happens with the commandment of the Torah where it says that only a person that is circumcised can eat of the Pesach lamb?

Views: 1157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thus says the Lord YHWH: "No foreigner, uncircumcised in heart or uncircumcised in flesh, shall enter My sanctuary, including any foreigner who is among the children of Israel."

I don't see any Biblical justification for believers in God to not be physically circumcised.

I know those texts, that is why im making this questions, because if you teach circumcision then you have to teach that in order to be delivered you have to circumcise yourself, because the Torah says that in order to eat the lamb of Pesach you have to be circumcise (Ex. 12:48). This issue caused problems within the first disciples of Yeshua:


1 And certain men came down from Judea and taught the brethren, “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be delivered.” - Acts 15:1


They where saying this because the Torah says that only the ones that are circumcise are able to eat of the lamb of Pesach. So do you think you have to be circumcise in order to eat of the lamb of Pesach? If you say "yes", then you have to believe that only the ones that are circumcise can be delivered from the bondage of sin. And if you say "no", then what happens with the commandment of the Torah that says "For no uncircumcised person shall eat it." (Ex. 12:48)?

You have to be physically circumcised to eat the physical Passover lamb.

You have to be spiritually circumcised to partake of the spiritual Passover lamb.

This does not mean you have to be physically circumcised to be "delivered"/"saved"

"i dont think that liberation given through the Lamb of Elohim is in hands of the circumsition of the foreskin"

I agree.
The author that spends the most time on the issue is Paul, so I would study his writings on the issue and pray for God to enlighten me as I read and elucidate his scriptures.

So you would forbid, prevent or at least advise against a physically uncircumcised person eating the passover Lamb ?


James Trimm said:

You have to be physically circumcised to eat the physical Passover lamb.

You have to be spiritually circumcised to partake of the spiritual Passover lamb.

This does not mean you have to be physically circumcised to be "delivered"/"saved"

Here's an inquiry, the answer to which may simultaneously illuminate YB''E's question.

"But if a stranger sojourns with you, and celebrates the Passover to the LORD, let all his males (plural) be circumcised, and then let him (singular) come near to celebrate it; and he shall be like a native of the land. But no uncircumcised person may eat of it.
Ex 12:48

It says "his males" must be circumcised before he himself can celebrate it, it seems.
So if you have a male son, who is not circumcised, (at home, or living on the other side of the world,) you yourself cannot celebrate passover ?
I'm not talking about whether the (uncircumcised) male son can do it, I'm talking of his (circumcised) father, who it seems cannot do it until the son is circumcised.

There's so many restrictions applied to this holiday, at least if we take it literally, that very few devout believers (whether ancient or modern) even seem to qualify for it;

and yet, celebrating this day was so important that if you missed out on it the first time, you could do it again next month (unlike other feasts) !

You must understand that the actual Passover Lamb (the physical one(s)) can only be from offerings made at the Temple in Jerusalem... that is what is forbidden to the uncircumcised, not a lamb chop from the supermarket. 

Solomon Avar said:

So you would forbid, prevent or at least advise against a physically uncircumcised person eating the passover Lamb ?


James Trimm said:

You have to be physically circumcised to eat the physical Passover lamb.

You have to be spiritually circumcised to partake of the spiritual Passover lamb.

This does not mean you have to be physically circumcised to be "delivered"/"saved"

How can you prove that? :-) Yeshua said that the matza from Pesach is his flesh and the wine his blood, do you think that in order to eat his flesh and drink his blood we have to be circumcised from the foreskin? I think that if the answer is "yes" then we have to be circumcised in order to be delivered from bondage of sin through the Lamb of God. But we know that the first disciples didnt followed this thought.

James Trimm said:

You have to be physically circumcised to eat the physical Passover lamb.

You have to be spiritually circumcised to partake of the spiritual Passover lamb.

This does not mean you have to be physically circumcised to be "delivered"/"saved"

"let all his males (plural) be circumcised, and then let him (singular) come near to celebrate it"

Would you celebrate passover if you had an uncircumcised son?


James Trimm said:

You must understand that the actual Passover Lamb (the physical one(s)) can only be from offerings made at the Temple in Jerusalem... that is what is forbidden to the uncircumcised, not a lamb chop from the supermarket. 

Solomon Avar said:

So you would forbid, prevent or at least advise against a physically uncircumcised person eating the passover Lamb ?


James Trimm said:

You have to be physically circumcised to eat the physical Passover lamb.

You have to be spiritually circumcised to partake of the spiritual Passover lamb.

This does not mean you have to be physically circumcised to be "delivered"/"saved"

"I think that if the answer is "yes" then we have to be circumcised in order to be delivered from bondage of sin through the Lamb of God. But we know that the first disciples didnt followed this thought."

Well reasoned. So it would appear the answer should be "no", while the accurate explanation for why it is "no" is yet forthcoming.


YB"E said:

How can you prove that? :-) Yeshua said that the matza from Pesach is his flesh and the wine his blood, do you think that in order to eat his flesh and drink his blood we have to be circumcised from the foreskin? I think that if the answer is "yes" then we have to be circumcised in order to be delivered from bondage of sin through the Lamb of God. But we know that the first disciples didnt followed this thought.

James Trimm said:

You have to be physically circumcised to eat the physical Passover lamb.

You have to be spiritually circumcised to partake of the spiritual Passover lamb.

This does not mean you have to be physically circumcised to be "delivered"/"saved"

Circumcision is an act of obedience to the precepts of the Most High, not an act of salvation.

Is there such a thing as an "act of salvation" ?

Your intention might be to discriminate between what is an "act of salvation" and what isn't, or you might be saying there is no such thing; there are certainly no deeds that merit salvation, though I'm not sure this is your point.

J. Jury (אליהוא) said:

Circumcision is an act of obedience to the precepts of the Most High, not an act of salvation.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

 

 

 

















 

LINKS

 

 

 

 

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service