Nazarene Space

A false teacher may take various forms, but is basically someone who warps orthodox Biblical teaching to the point where the truth is subdued by the lies. I came across this little examination at a website today and found it informative. A “Yes” answer to any of the questions indicates a false teacher, cult or cultic methodology, techniques or influences according to the website.

1. Do you feel that contempory prophecies, revelations, secret or lost books, visions and/or other experiences by individuals or groups speak to humankind with the same authority as the written Bible?

2. Do you feel that organizational membership, association with certain self proclimed prophets, etc., your good deeds, marital status, high personal moral values, karma are a necessary part of your salvation?

3. Do you believe that Yeshua is not really fully Elohim?

4.Do you see yourself or organization as the only one teaching and preaching the true good news of the kingdom of YHWH, and that all believers in other assemblies are a false religion?

5. Do you mix Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, or any other non-Biblical religion with the Nazarene Emunah?

*Please feel free to add to these questions!

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some material that might be relevant:

Deut 18:21 You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the LORD?” 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed.

Matt 7:15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Comment: By their fruit shall they be recognized. Not necessarily by their personal ability to obey the Law, as all are fallible, but by the message of their preaching (which must be the encouragement of obeisance to the Law) and by their prophetic message (which must be fulfilled).

1 Samuel 3:19 The LORD was with Samuel as he grew up, and he let none of Samuel’s words fall to the ground. 20 And all Israel from Dan to Beersheba recognized that Samuel was attested as a prophet of the LORD. 21 The LORD continued to appear at Shiloh, and there he revealed himself to Samuel through his word.

Comment: None of the words of a true prophet fall to the ground. A true prophet is attested by the Lord, through appearances and revelations through the word.

Ezek 33:33 “When all this comes true—and it surely will—then they will know that a prophet has been among them.”

Comment: prediction of future events, dates, etc are a cause for investigating if the prophet is lead by the Lord, or by a demon - it must NOT be ignored.

2 Ki 17:13 The LORD warned Israel and Judah through all his prophets and seers: “Turn from your evil ways. Observe my commands and decrees, in accordance with the entire Law that I commanded your ancestors to obey and that I delivered to you through my servants the prophets.”

Comment: by inference, all true prophets preach observance of the commandments, in accordance with the ENTIRE LAW.

http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/?search=false+prophet&searc...
Lets not forget Deut. 12:32-13:11 anyone who teaches against Torah observance is also a false prophet.
Fantastic additions!
I can name a few would-be prophets, spinners of tales, forgers of lies, smiths and artificers of false prophecy that have CLEARLY failed these tests, but their followers don't seem to care...

Deuteronomy 13

1If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,

2And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;

3Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

4Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

5And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

6If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;

7Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;

8Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:

9But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

10And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

11And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is among you.

James Trimm said:
Lets not forget Deut. 12:32-13:11 anyone who teaches against Torah observance is also a false prophet.
History is replete with them; Marcion, Valentinus, Joseph Smith, Rev. Moon, and the various Word of Faith heretics. There has never been a shortage of false teachers. I wonder why people are so easily taken in by them and why, even after their exposure, some will stubbornly cling to their chosen wolf in sheeps clothing?
I would like to add that a false teacher (or witness) will say that Yeshua came to change (or do away with) the Torah of Moses.

Act 6:13-14 And they set up false witnesses who said, “This man does not cease to speak blasphemous words against this holy place and the Torah, for we have heard him saying that this Yeshua of Natsareth shall overthrow this place and change the institutes which Mosheh delivered unto us.”
Astute observation.

Rudy said:
I would like to add that a false teacher (or witness) will say that Yeshua came to change (or do away with) the Torah of Moses.

Act 6:13-14 And they set up false witnesses who said, “This man does not cease to speak blasphemous words against this holy place and the Torah, for we have heard him saying that this Yeshua of Natsareth shall overthrow this place and change the institutes which Mosheh delivered unto us.”
I think the most pernicious method of false teachers is to disguise their heresy with just enough of the Truth to deceive. Much like those who would slip in reincarnation, the Book of Mormon, Liberation Theology, or what have you.

"1. Do you feel that contempory prophecies, revelations, secret or lost books, visions and/or other experiences by individuals or groups speak to humankind with the same authority as the written Bible?"

no

"2. Do you feel that organizational membership, association with certain self proclimed prophets, etc., your good deeds, marital status, high personal moral values, karma are a necessary part of your salvation?"

no

"3. Do you believe that Yeshua is not really fully Elohim?"

yes

"4.Do you see yourself or organization as the only one teaching and preaching the true good news of the kingdom of YHWH, and that all believers in other assemblies are a false religion?"

no

"5. Do you mix Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, or any other non-Biblical religion with the Nazarene Emunah?"

no

Ya'akov ben Shalom said:
History is replete with them; Marcion, Valentinus, Joseph Smith, Rev. Moon, and the various Word of Faith heretics. There has never been a shortage of false teachers. I wonder why people are so easily taken in by them and why, even after their exposure, some will stubbornly cling to their chosen wolf in sheeps clothing?

answer: money
For some this may be. However, what of those who believe these lies and have no monetary motivation?
Good question.
It has to do with whether something leads you further or closer away from Yeshua I guess - test to see if you're able to internally pray while performing the deed in question, to see whether that deed is a deceitful deed that leads you further away; if the deed is so that you feel ashamed or uncomfortable while praying, it might be a problem.

Tamar DeBurg said:
How does a person KNOW they are deceived? If....they are....deceived?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service