Nazarene Space

If we we're to believe Smart then the catholic and protest myth that the entire NT was written in Greek and that in 2nd Temple times all of Israel were hellinized and spoke Greek as their mother tongue.

Let's see what historic accounts have to say about the Israeli-Greek relations?

41 The king then issued a proclamation to his whole kingdom that all were to become a single people, each nation renouncing its particular customs. 42 All the gentiles conformed to the king's decree, 43 and many Israelites chose to accept his religion, sacrificing to idols and profaning the Sabbath. 44 The king also sent edicts by messenger to Jerusalem and the towns of Judah, directing them to adopt customs foreign to the country, 45 banning burnt offerings, sacrifices and libations from the sanctuary, profaning Sabbaths and feasts, 46 defiling the sanctuary and everything holy, 47 building altars, shrines and temples for idols, sacrificing pigs and unclean beasts, 48 leaving their sons uncircumcised, and prostituting themselves to all kinds of impurity and abomination, 49 so that they should forget the Law and revoke all observance of it. 50 Anyone not obeying the king's command was to be put to death. (book of Maccabees)

** How can anyone state that Jews after those atrocities commited against Israel and the Temple suddenly just accepted the language of the ones comitting those atrocities as the national language??!! I mean, why do you think Smart that Jews celebrate Hanukkah?? To celebrate that they spook greek as a nation or to celebrate that the Greeks and their hellenization was fought off by Israel??

But Smart is now thinking (this is the NT we're talking about and the Apostles lived in a place with a lot of greeks that's why they wrote in Greek..) that i'm full of it and so i'll leave him with a couple of verses from the precious Greek NT;

3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. (Corinthians 13)

so greek paul promotes human offerings, no wonder alot of people opening their mind to Judaism reject him..

7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. (Romans 5)

... what ?? ... greek paul was drunk when writing this, right ?

25 It is easier for a camel (this word in greek is kamelon but the Aramaic NT has Gamlo) to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. (Mark 10)

However, gamlo', has a double meaning. As Aramaic evolved separately from Hebrew, it picked up new idioms and meanings to it's vocabulary. gamlo' is a perfect example, for Aramaic speaking peoples fashioned a rough, thick rope from camel's hair that had a very decent tensile strength, and after a while, it became to be known as, you guessed it, gamlo'.

12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it. (Matthew 19)

thahahahaha.. too funny to even comment on!!

27 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship.. (Acts 8)

* So eunuchs were allowed to worship in the Temple eventhough Devarim 23:1 forbids this explicitly?? What year did that happen, the summer of 69 or sumtin ?? thaha

30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done. (Mark 13)

ummm.. hey jesus, i think that your generation has passed since like 2000 years ago..

7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man. (Acts 9) + 9 And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me. (Acts 22)

* Can you spell contradiction?? :-) Greek luke was drunk too or what ?? 

28 And there stood up one of them named Agabus, and signified by the Spirit that there should be great dearth throughout all the world: which came to pass in the days of Claudius Caesar. (Acts 11)

again, so luke can't even tell the difference between the world or the Land of Israel ?? xD yep Smart, he was a greek if it is so!

44 And saith unto him, See thou say nothing to any man: but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing those things which Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

He is to show himself to one priest yet it it's a testimony to "them".. eazy on the booze there luke man, those greeks you never can tell can ya ? xD

And to close, if you (Smart) would have really studied the Peshitta you would have to learn Aramaic and read it for yourself and then you can say that you "studied" it and not just relying on what other people say about it, in the Aramaic all the Apostles and the Messiah himself show themselves to be quite the poets in numerous occasions yet in the greek it does not show at all..

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Serkan -

I was just reading over the conversation and saw Smart's comment that there is no Aramaic mentioned in Acts, I had missed that before.

Not only is it an untrue statement, we must believe Luke was a liar in order to say that Hebrew or Greek was the language of Judea:

And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood. Acts 1.19

"Aceldama" is Aramaic, an examination of The Strong's makes very clear:

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G18...

Aramaic was clearly the "proper tongue" in Jerusalem, unless a person insists on rejecting scripture.

And as always The Peshitta is much clearer than the Greek translations, The Pehitta says:

"......in the language of the region..."

Blessings -

Jim
Aramaic was clearly the "proper tongue" in Jerusalem, unless a person insists on rejecting scripture.
And as always The Peshitta is much clearer than the Greek translations, The Pehitta says:

it is a pleasure to find *clear minded* argument like this one. in formal debates this one evidence can nail for good a victory if the opponent is slow.

an ounce of pure logic can easily outweigh a ton of irrelevant quotations from the Bible.

congrats Jim.

Jim Wright said:
Hi Serkan -
I was just reading over the conversation and saw Smart's comment that there is no Aramaic mentioned in Acts, I had missed that before.
Not only is it an untrue statement, we must believe Luke was a liar in order to say that Hebrew or Greek was the language of Judea:

And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood. Acts 1.19

Blessings -

Jim
amin :-)

beryl etanah said:

it is a pleasure to find *clear minded* argument like this one. in formal debates this one evidence can nail for good a victory if the opponent is slow.

an ounce of pure logic can easily outweigh a ton of irrelevant quotations from the Bible.

congrats Jim.

Jim Wright said:
Hi Serkan -

Blessings -

Jim

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service