Nazarene Space

Identity of the First Beast of Revelation 13

Introduction:  This study is for those honest seekers of truth that have a good and receptive heart.  Those that are prideful and think that they have all of the answers, and those that are inclined to mock and ridicule the following study, I urge you to use self-restraint and check yourself before writing any posts that display your unbelief.  If the following is true, and you do not believe the contents, then mocking and ridiculing the teaching presented here will, in effect, find you mocking Elohim's truth.  So a word of caution here:  Remember Messiah said that "every useless word that men may speak they will give an account on the day of judgment".  Let us not be found guilty of speaking like this.

The first beast of Revelation Chapter 13 is a real, literal, fire-breathing dragon that will be released from the Abyss by Ha Shatan (Satan) in order to forcibly rule the earth, and to wipe out the Set-apart Ones (Yahuweh's people).

Let's look at what the Scriptures say about this monster:
Rev 13:1 And he (Ha Shatan) stood on the sand of the sea. And I saw a beast (Leviathan) coming up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his horns ten crowns, and on his heads names of blasphemy.
Rev 13:2 And the beast (Leviathan) I saw was like a leopard, and his feet were like the feet of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. And the dragon (Ha Shatan) gave him his power, and his throne, and great authority.
Rev 13:3 And I saw one of his heads, as having been slain to death, and his deadly wound was healed. And all the earth marvelled after the beast (Leviathan).
Rev 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon (Ha Shatan) who gave authority to the beast (Leviathan). And they worshipped the beast(Leviathan), saying, "Who is like the beast (Leviathan)? Who is able to fight with him?"
Rev 13:5 And he (Leviathan) was given a mouth speaking great matters and blasphemies, and he was given authority to do so forty-two months.
Rev 13:6 And he (Leviathan) opened his mouth in blasphemies against Elohim, to blaspheme His Name, and His Tent, and those dwelling in the heaven.
Rev 13:7 And it was given to him (Leviathan) to fight with the set-apart ones and to overcome them. And authority was given to him over every tribe and tongue and nation.
Rev 13:8 And all those dwelling on the earth, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the slain Lamb, from the foundation of the world shall worship him (Leviathan).
Rev 13:9 If anyone has an ear, let him hear.

Again, the first beast of Revelation Chapter 13 is a real, literal, fire-breathing dragon that will be released from the Abyss by Ha Shatan (Satan). Ha Shatan is described as a red dragon in Revelation 12, but Ha Shatan is NOT the first beast described in Revelation 13! Ha Shatan is furious that he cannot kill the woman in Revelation 12, so he releases an ancient, literal, fire-breathing monster (Leviathan) from the Abyss (Rev. 13) to make war with the set-apart ones and rule the earth!

NOTE: Ha Shatan, the Red Dragon of Rev.12, is described as having "seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads seven diadems". The first beast of Rev. 13 (Leviathan--a literal dragon) is described as having "ten horns and seven heads, with ten diadems on its horns and blasphemous names on its heads"!! The dragon of Rev. 12 is NOT the same as the first beast of Rev. 13!! Do you see the distinction?

Other Passages that Speak of Leviathan:
Rev 11:3 "And I shall give unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clad in sackcloth."
Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that are standing before the Elohim of the earth.
Rev 11:5 And if anyone wishes to harm them, fire comes out from their mouth and consumes their enemies. And if anyone wishes to harm them, he has to be killed in that way.
Rev 11:6 These possess authority to shut the heaven, so that no rain falls in the days of their prophecy. And they possess authority over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they wish.
Rev 11:7 And when they have ended their witness, the beast (Leviathan) coming up out of the pit of the deep shall fight against them, and overcome them, and kill them...

Rev 14:9 And a third messenger followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast (Leviathan) and his image, and receives his mark upon his forehead or upon his hand,
Rev 14:10 he also shall drink of the wine of the wrath of Elohim, which is poured out undiluted into the cup of His wrath. And he shall be tortured with fire and sulphur before the set-apart messengers and before the Lamb.
Rev 14:11 "And the smoke of their torture goes up forever and ever. And they have no rest day or night, those worshipping the beast (Leviathan) and his image, also if anyone receives the mark of his name."

Rev 16:12 And the sixth messenger poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up, in order to prepare the way of the sovereigns from the east.
Rev 16:13 And I saw coming out of the mouth of the dragon(Ha Shatan), and out of the mouth of the beast (Leviathan), and out of the mouth of the false prophet (Nimrod), three unclean spirits, as frogs,
Rev 16:14 for they are spirits of demons, doing signs, which go out to the sovereigns of the entire world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of YHWH the Almighty.

Rev 17:7 And the messenger said to me, "Why did you marvel? Let me explain to you the secret of the woman (Semiarimis) and of the beast (Leviathan) she rides, which has the seven heads and the ten horns.
Rev 17:8 "The beast (Leviathan) that you saw was, and is not, and is about to come up out of the pit of the deep and goes to destruction. And those dwelling on the earth, whose names are not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world, shall marvel when they see the beast (Leviathan) that was, and is not, and yet is.

Note: Observe the last verse carefully! Leviathan "was" (existed before in ancient times--see Job 41); "is not" (is presently not on the face of the earth, but chained up in the Abyss within the earth); "is about to come up out of the pit of the deep" (Leviathan will be released from his prison--the Abyss-- by Ha Shatan); and "goes to destruction" (cast into the lake of fire with the false prophet Nimrod--see Rev. 19).

Rev 19:19 And I saw the beast (Leviathan), and the sovereigns of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to fight Him who sat on the horse and His army.
Rev 19:20 And the beast (Leviathan) was seized, and with him the false prophet (Nimrod) who worked signs in his presence, by which he led astray those who received the mark of the beast (Leviathan) and those who worshipped his image. The two were thrown alive into the lake of fire burning with sulphur.

Rev 20:10 And the devil, who led them astray, was thrown into the lake of fire and sulphur where the beast (Leviathan) and the false prophet (Nimrod)are. And they shall be tortured day and night forever and ever.

Note: Revelation 20:10 expressly says that Satan is cast into the lake of fire and sulphur, where the beast (Leviathan) and the false prophet (Nimrod) already are!!!

Psa 74:13 You divided the sea by Your might; You broke the heads of the sea serpents in the waters
Psa 74:14 You broke the heads of Liwiathan in pieces, You made him food for the people Living in the wilderness

Job 3:8 Let those curse it who curse the day, who are ready to stir up Liwiathan.

Job 41:1 "Would you draw out Liwiathan with a hook, or snare his tongue with a line which you lower?
Job 41:2 Would you put a cord through his nose, or pierce his jaw with a hook?
Job 41:3 Would he keep on pleading with you? Would he speak softly to you?
Job 41:4 Would he make a covenant with you to be taken as a servant forever?
Job 41:5 Would you play with him as with a bird? Or leash him for your young girls?
Job 41:6 Would trading partners bargain over him? Would they divide him among the merchants?
Job 41:7 Fill his skin with harpoons? Or his head with fishing spears?
Job 41:8 Put your hand on him – think of the struggle! Do not do it again!
Job 41:9 See, any expectation of him is disappointed – he is laid low even at the sight of him!
Job 41:10 No one is so foolhardy to wake him up. Who then is able to stand against Me?
Job 41:11 Who has given to Me first, that I should repay him – under all the heavens that is Mine?
Job 41:12 I would not keep silent concerning his limbs, or his mighty power, or his fair frame.
Job 41:13 Who shall take off the surface of his skin? Who approaches him with a double bridle?
Job 41:14 Who shall open the doors of his face, with his frightening teeth all around?
Job 41:15 Rows of scales are his pride – closed up, a binding seal.
Job 41:16 One to the other they fit closely, not even a breath enters between them.
Job 41:17 They are joined one to another, they stick together and are not separated.
Job 41:18 His sneezings flash forth light, and his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning.
Job 41:19 Out of his mouth go firebrands – sparks of fire shoot out.
Job 41:20 Out of his nostrils comes smoke, like a boiling pot or kettle.
Job 41:21 His breath sets coals on fire, and a flame goes out of his mouth.
Job 41:22 Strength dwells in his neck, and fear leaps before him.
Job 41:23 The folds of his flesh cleave together. They are firm on him, immovable.
Job 41:24 His heart is as hard as stone, even as hard as the lower millstone.
Job 41:25 When he raises himself up, the mighty are afraid. Because of his crashings they are bewildered.
Job 41:26 No sword that reaches him does prevail, neither spear, dart, or lance.
Job 41:27 He reckons iron as straw, bronze as rotten wood.
Job 41:28 The arrow does not make him flee, sling-stones become like stubble to him.
Job 41:29 Clubs are reckoned as straw, he laughs at the rattle of a lance.
Job 41:30 His undersides are like sharp potsherds. He sprawls on the mud like a threshing-sledge.
Job 41:31 He makes the deep boil like a pot, he makes the sea like a pot of ointment.
Job 41:32 He leaves a shining path behind him. One would think the deep to be grey-haired.
Job 41:33 No one on earth is like him – one made without fear.
Job 41:34 He sees all that is haughty. He is sovereign over all the sons of pride."

Psa 104:25 There is the sea, great and wide, In which are innumerable swarms, Living creatures, small with great
Psa 104:26 There do ships go; That Liwiathan which You made, to play there.

Isa 27:1 In that day YHWH with His severe sword, great and strong, punishes Liwiathan the fleeing serpent, Liwiathan that twisted serpent. And He shall slay the monster that is in the sea.

Job 7:12 Am I the sea, or a sea monster (Leviathan), that You set a guard over me?

Eze 32:1 And it came to be in the twelfth year, in the twelfth month, on the first of the month, that the word of YHWHcame to me, saying,
Eze 32:2 "Son of man, take up a lamentation for Pharaoh sovereign of Mitsrayim, and you shall say to him, ‘You were like a young lion among the nations, and you are like a monster in the seas, and you burst forth in your rivers, and trouble the waters with your feet, and muddy their rivers.’
Eze 32:3 "Thus said the Master YHWH, ‘And I shall spread My net over you with an assembly of many peoples, and they shall bring you up in My net.
Eze 32:4 ‘And I shall leave you on the land, hurl you out on the open fields, and make all the birds of the heavens dwell on you. And with you I shall satisfy the beasts of all the earth.
Eze 32:5 ‘And I shall put your flesh on the mountains, and fill the valleys with your height,
Eze 32:6 and water the land with the flow of your blood unto the mountains, and let streams be filled with you.
Eze 32:7 ‘And when I extinguish you, I shall cover the heavens, and make its stars dark. I shall cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light.
Eze 32:8 ‘All the bright lights of the heavens I shall make dark over you, and I shall bring darkness upon your land,’ declares the Master YHWH.
Eze 32:9 ‘And I shall trouble the hearts of many peoples, when I bring your destruction among the nations, into the lands which you have not known.
Eze 32:10 ‘And I shall make many peoples appalled at you, and their sovereigns shall be greatly afraid of you when I swing My sword before them. And they shall tremble continually, every man for his own life, in the day of your fall.

Isa 51:9 Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of YHWH! Awake as in days of old, everlasting generations. Was it not You who cut Rahab (Leviathan) apart, and pierced the Sea Monster?

Job 26:12 By His power He has calmed the sea, and by His understanding He struck down Rahab(Leviathan).
Job 26:13 By His Spirit He adorned the heavens. His hand whirled the fleeing serpent.

Psa 87:4 "I mention Rahab (Leviathan) and Babel (United States) to those who know Me; See, O Philistia and Tsor, with Kush, ‘This and that one was born there.’

Psa 89:10 You have broken Rahab (Leviathan) in pieces, as one who is slain; You have scattered Your enemies With the arm of Your strength

Eze 29:3 "Speak, and you shall say, ‘Thus said the Master YHWH, "See, I am against you, O Pharaoh sovereign of Mitsrayim, O great monster who lies in the midst of his rivers, who has said, ‘My River is my own, and I, I have made it for myself.’
Eze 29:4 "And I shall put hooks in your jaws, and I shall make the fish of your rivers cling to your scales. And I shall bring you up out of the midst of your rivers, and all the fish in your rivers cling to your scales.
Eze 29:5 "And I shall leave you in the wilderness, you and all the fish of your rivers. On the face of the field you shall fall, and you shall not be picked up or gathered. I shall give you as food to the beasts of the field and to the birds of the heavens

Hab 3:8 Shall YHWH burn against Naharim? Is Your displeasure against the Naharim, Is Your wrath against Yam (Leviathan), That You ride on Your horses, Your chariots of deliverance?

Dan 7:7 "After this I looked in the night visions and saw a fourth beast (Leviathan), fearsome and burly, exceedingly strong. And it had great iron teeth. It devoured and crushed, and trampled down the rest with its feet. And it was different from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten horns.

Dan 7:11 "I was looking. Then, because of the sound of the great words which the horn was speaking, I was looking until the beast (Leviathan) was slain, and its body destroyed and given to the burning fire...

Dan 7:19 "Then I desired for certainty concerning the fourth beast (Leviathan), which was different from all the others, very fearsome, with its teeth of iron and its nails of bronze, which devoured, crushed, and trampled down the rest with its feet...

NOTE:
1.) Daniel's beasts of Revelation 7 are literal, just as the beasts in Revelation are literal.
2.)The four beasts of Revelation 7 ARE ALSO the four messengers mentioned in Revelation 9:14.

I hope that everyone reading this will come around and read Revelation and Daniel again, and call on Yahuweh and YahuwehShua Messiah for truth. I promise you will not laugh when the seven-headed dragon Leviathan rises out of the sea--it will be a terrifying sight. Also, please seriously reflect on these passages:

Rev 13:3 And I saw one of his heads, as having been slain to death, and his deadly wound was healed. And all the earth marvelled after the beast.
Rev 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon who gave authority to the beast. And they worshipped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to fight with him?”

Many that do not believe that this literal, fire-breathing dragon is coming will "MARVEL" when they see the beast. They will also worship him and Ha Shatan out of fear, in order to preserve their lives.

Rev 13:8 And all those dwelling on the earth, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the slain Lamb, from the foundation of the world shall worship him.
Rev 13:9 If anyone has an ear, let him hear.
Rev 13:10 He who brings into captivity shall go into captivity, he who kills with the sword has to be killed with the sword. Here is the endurance and the belief of the set-apart ones.

Rev 14:9 And a third messenger followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark upon his forehead or upon his hand,
Rev 14:10 he also shall drink of the wine of the wrath of Elohim, which is poured out undiluted into the cup of His wrath. And he shall be tortured with fire and sulphur before the set-apart messengers and before the Lamb.
Rev 14:11 “And the smoke of their torture goes up forever and ever. And they have no rest day or night, those worshipping the beast and his image, also if anyone receives the mark of his name.”
Rev 14:12 Here is the endurance of the set-apart ones,1 here are those guarding the commands of Elohim and the belief of YahuwehShua.

My friend, this is serious. Just because you know that Messiah died for you and you know His name and our Father's name does not mean your name is in the Lamb's book. If your name is not in this book, this passage plainly says that YOU WILL WORSHIP LEVIATHAN when he comes. May all of us seek assurance from Messiah and our Father in heaven that we belong to them! May Yahuweh cause all to heed these warnings that I have given you! May Yahuweh open the eyes of all to see the truth of what I have written, for His esteem and your deliverance!

The two witnesses are coming soon, my friends!  After they have finished their testimony the beast that rises out of the Abyss (Leviathan) will overcome them and kill them (Rev. 11) and then proceed to make war with the Set-apart ones (Rev. 12).

Views: 721

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Shalom Chandler, to begin with, I have no desire to mock you or have an unreceptive heart toward the Truth of the Scriptures, and I would just like to give you an alternate understanding for the "beast."  When Yeshua said, "Do not cast your pearls before swine, or give to dogs what is sacred," do you believe He meant literal pearls, swine, and dogs?  I honestly believe that looking at the Scriptures "literally," will sometimes keep one from truly understanding what is meant.  To put it simply, the 1st beast that rises up out of the sea of humanity, represents or is a picture of SINFUL man.  When man is living in sin, they are as a "beast" before Yahweh, and as King David had slipped in his sin, he considered himself as a "beast" before Yahweh:

Psa 73:22
(22)  So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee.

Carnal, sinful man is as a beast before Yahweh, and the "head" of sinful man is not Elohim, rather it is Satan (John 8:43-44) and those demonic powers that rule over the "beast/sinful man."  When Yeshua returns, Satan will be bound and the head of sinful man will receive a mortal wound (Rev 20:1-3), but that wound will be healed by his release from the abyss after the 1000 years are ended (Rev 20:7-8). 

Now, the "mark" of the beast/sinful man IS sin/iniquity:

Psa 130:3
(3)  If thou, Yahweh, shouldest mark iniquities, O Yahweh, who shall stand?

Job 10:14
(14)  If I sin, then thou markest me, and thou wilt not acquit me from mine iniquity.

Sin is what MARKS sinful man/the beast, it identifies who stands before Yahweh as a beast.

So, this brings us to the "buying and selling" that requires the "mark of the beast."  How could sin/iniquity be used to purchase or sell anything?  This answer requires a good understanding of how Elohim's Grace works.  Grace is the FREE Gift of Righteousness (Gal 2:21), and righteousness is ALL of Elohim's commandments (Psa 119:172), so as a free gift, we have been provided the means to whereby we can buy gold/salvation by the Righteousness or Justification found through Yeshua:

Rev 3:18
(18)  I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see.

This gold/salvation comes at a great cost (the burning/suffering of Messiah Yeshua-Heb 13:11-12), and the end result is the Righteousness we receive by faith.  This Righteousness is a DOING of the Law/Torah, not by "works" but according to the Spiritual Fulfillment of the Law/Torah.  The Torah required ALL sinners to sacrifice for their sin, and ALL have done this unknowingly, by sacrificing THEIR sin offering (Yeshua) with the help of wicked men (Acts 2:22-23).  All sinners did this THROUGH their sin, and without sin (the mark of the beast), they would not be able to receive/purchase the Salvation/Gold that is available from Yeshua:

Gal 2:17
(17)  But if, while we seek to be justified (made Righteous) by Messiah, we ourselves also are found sinners (we had to be FOUND with the MARK of the Beast), is therefore Messiah the minister of sin? Elohim forbid.

Sin is what crucified Yeshua, and if we continue in sin AFTER receiving THIS Knowledge of the Truth, we SELL the Gold/Salvation that we had received through our faithful confession of killing Yeshua through our sin.  So you see, there is no buying or selling IN Yeshua without the "mark of the beast," which is sin.  And the "number" of the beast/sinful man, is the number of Yahweh's commandments (616), for each and every command of Elohim NUMBERS us as sinners when we disobey them.

The 2nd beast is like unto the 1st beast, except it comes forth FROM the earth (Rev 13:11).  This signifies that the 2nd beast is the resurrection of sinful mankind AFTER the 1000 years are ended (basically looks just like the 1st beast-sinful man).  All of resurrected mankind (the 2nd beast) will be given the opportunity to come out from the beast, but if they don’t, and if they again fall under the rule and deception of sinful man's head (Satan), they will be cut off/destroyed (Rev 20:5-9).

So Chandler, please consider this alternate view/explanation of the "beast."  Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew

You are spiritualizing the scriptures (which Christians do) and coming up with your own interpretation.  It IS very uncomfortable to look at the beasts as literal creatures that ascend out of the Abyss, but that is how it is.  They are literal creatures that are inside the earth and are released upon the earth.   Only YHWH can show you this, and as long as you are clinging to "interpretations" you will never see the truth. 

Shalom Chandler, I have a quick question.  When Daniel was told the "interpretation" of the four beasts in Daniel 7 and the four beasts that came up out of the sea were "kingdoms," was the one who interpret that those beasts were kings/kingdoms taking a liberty they shouldn't have?  Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew.

Those beasts ARE Kings/Sovereigns (melek)  They are the same as the four messengers that are released in Revelation 9.  Look it up for yourself. Shalom

Shalom Chandler, are you sure?  Look at:

Dan 7:3
(3)  And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.
Dan 7:17
(17)  These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise upon the earth. (They came out of the sea to rise on or upon the earth).
Dan 7:19
(19)  Then I (Daniel) would know the truth of the fourth beast...(Daniel is asking to KNOW about this 4th beast that came out of the sea to arise upon the earth.)
Dan 7:23
(23)  Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

Do you see that Chandler, the 4th beast is the "fourth kingdom upon earth?"  And here is the kicker, all of these beasts came forth from the sea (the many waters).  What are we told in Revelation about the Great Whore which sitteth on many "waters":

Rev 17:1
(1)  And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

And what are these "many waters" interpreted to be?

Rev 17:15
(15)  And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

Chandler, the beast comes forth OUT of the many waters...the sea, and the sea represents peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues.  Can you see?  The beast IS sinful mankind (all the peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues) that comes forth out of the sea.  Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew

Dan 7:23-- "kingdom" can also be read "king".  Look it up in the Hebrew.

These four creatures that came up "out of the sea" have nothing to do with the Whore that sits on many waters.  They come up " out of the sea".

The beasts in Daniel 7 are four in number.  They are not one beast.  They are the same beings as the four messengers in Revelation 9.  They do not represent anything, nor are they symbolic of anything.  Nor is there room for any interpretation.  You are reading things into the text.  Take a step back, re-read, and think, "Is it possible that these are literal creatures?"  As YHWH lives I have told you the truth of what He has revealed to me.  They are literal creatures that will be released from inside the earth to have dominion over the earth.  This will occur very soon.  Shalom and favor to you.

Shalom Chandler, OK, but if you don't mind, would you please explain what the "mark" of the beast would be, and why no one can buy or sell without it, and what would be the number of the name of this literal beast?  Blessing in The Name, ImAHebrew

There are two beasts in Revelation 13.  The second beast of Revelation 13 that John saw "coming up out of the earth" is Nimrod, who will be resurrected from Sheol.  His name in the Roman religion was Saturn, which is STUR in the Chaldee.  The Name STUR = 666 in numerology.  

This is the ancient "god" of every pagan religion around the world, that is worshipped under different names in every language.  Mars, Marduk, Hercules, Zoroaster, Krishna, Osiris, Tammuz, Maitreya, Budda, Quezacotyl & etc..  A little research into the ancient religions of the world will prove this to be true.  He is worshipped as a "messiah" in every religion in the world under different names, and the people of the world expect the return of this messiah.

The mark of the beast will be the "number of his name" (666) or symbol of his mark, which may very well be the sign of the cross--the Egyptian Tau.  The Scriptures are silent as to what the "mark" actually is, but the whole world will know what it is when it is enforced on all the world and they can neither buy nor sell unless they take the mark or the number of his name.   We know from Revelation 7 that the name of YHWH is the mark that he puts on the heads of his people.  The antimessiah/false prophet will have his mark also, which will be easily identified by the people of YHWH.

Shalom Chandler, sorry for butting in on your thread.  Hopefully some day we will have a meeting of minds on this.  Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew.

Your questions were welcomed.  Shalom and favor to you.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service