Nazarene Space

Is (or is not) having sex on the Sabbath a sin?

I myself am (strongly) of the opinion that it is not a sin to have sex on the Sabbath; however, there are several individuals here who are (strongly) of the opinion that it is indeed a sin.

This topic has been discussed in a previous thread regarding the Sabbath restrictions found in the Book of Jubilees (not a book I support in any way), but the emphasis of that thread was on Jubilees, not this specific issue of sex on the Sabbath.

I would like to hear diverse answers from NazSpace members concerning their opinion on the matter.

Views: 884

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Hebrew language often uses two opposing words within the same thought to reveal its true meaning which is the Torah is full of parables to reveal its truth; ie the calendar, many men will error in its revelation. It is not hard for me to understand. The Torah is not straight foward covenant it is a parable for those with eyes to see and ears to hear.

Shalom

J. Jury said:
The Torah was revealed. It is known plainly, simply, literally, and straight-forward. I don't know what is so difficult about this to understand. The things that are not revealed are for God to know.

sevynn leverette said:
this is proof you are baffled by the parable of the passage, nothing says straight foward, literal, that is just your personal opinion revealed means uncover something hidden?????
I guess we just disagree!

sevynn leverette said:
The Hebrew language often uses two opposing words within the same thought to reveal its true meaning which is the Torah is full of parables to reveal its truth; ie the calendar, many men will error in its revelation. It is not hard for me to understand. The Torah is not straight foward covenant it is a parable for those with eyes to see and ears to hear.

Shalom

J. Jury said:
The Torah was revealed. It is known plainly, simply, literally, and straight-forward. I don't know what is so difficult about this to understand. The things that are not revealed are for God to know.

sevynn leverette said:
this is proof you are baffled by the parable of the passage, nothing says straight foward, literal, that is just your personal opinion revealed means uncover something hidden?????
actually only one can disagree, there is Torah and those that disagree?????

Shalom

J. Jury said:
I guess we just disagree!

sevynn leverette said:

Shalom

J. Jury said:

sevynn leverette said:

Bear in mind, in th contexts quoted, "uncleannness" is RITUAL uncleanness. When the Torah wants men to stay away from their wives, it SAYS so...see the instructions at the foot of Sinai before the congregation comes close to the mountain.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service