Nazarene Space

Is (or is not) having sex on the Sabbath a sin?

I myself am (strongly) of the opinion that it is not a sin to have sex on the Sabbath; however, there are several individuals here who are (strongly) of the opinion that it is indeed a sin.

This topic has been discussed in a previous thread regarding the Sabbath restrictions found in the Book of Jubilees (not a book I support in any way), but the emphasis of that thread was on Jubilees, not this specific issue of sex on the Sabbath.

I would like to hear diverse answers from NazSpace members concerning their opinion on the matter.

Views: 845

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you're comparing yourself in any way to Yahshua, you fail in the humility department.

Anaiah Priel (Andrew P) Carlson said:
I'm as humble as Yahushua the Messiah was in His rebuking of the wicked.

And Christian, take that up with Yahuwah, I know its probably really frustrating struggling with the things Yahuwah makes me do.
I already told you, that answering that question is not my responsibility.

"Whatever proceeds from the mouth of Yahweh is truth, even if it's absurd.

It's about humility, and obedience; in some cases, especially if it's absurd.

The Torah trumps common sense."

so you would believe it is a moral transgression to menstruate, give birth to children, and have sex if the Torah actually told you it was a moral transgression, as it is possible Sevynn seems to think?
Ok... Read Jeremiah 23... accept that as rebuke then.

Then fine, compare me to anyone of the prophets. It stands the same, all the prophets rebuked in the same way Yahushua did.
Yes, it is uncleanliness. Clearly and plainly.

But is it sin?

sevynn leverette said:
Of course they are unclean- this is plainly what the Torah teaches

And if a soul 5315 sin 2398 , and commit 6213 any 259 of these things which are forbidden to be done 6213 by the commandments 4687 of YEWE3068; though he wist 3045 [it] not, yet is he guilty 816 , and shall bear 5375 his iniquity 5771.</<br />
you agree that all these are unclean, so you are saying 5:17 to be untrue it says any of these things that a man touches while unclean is defiled....

Shalom
Ameyn Ameynu, Jury!

J. Jury said:
Whatever proceeds from the mouth of Yahweh is truth, even if it's absurd.

It's about humility, and obedience; in some cases, especially if it's absurd.

The Torah trumps common sense.

is not common sense an aspect of logic?
nevertheless, I am least encouraged by you saying that you would eventually reject something if it got to a certain point of absurdity.
It's the humilty that is the issue...
A humility which is virtually per definiton negated by comparing oneself to the lowest of the Nevi'im.

Then fine, compare me to anyone of the prophets. It stands the same, all the prophets rebuked in the same way Yahushua did.
You are only asking the question to goad me into giving you the answer you want to hear, so you can feel justified in your continuous self-exaltation.

Here's a solid answer for you: I trust Yahweh enough to know that when He says His Torah is a perfect work, that He means it.

I'm sorry you don't trust Him to the same degree.

Why is that beyond your responsibility? You don't know yourself well enough to be able to give me answer, or you just don't want to give the answer?
I am a Torah-ist.

Do with that what you will.

Jesse, are you a Fideist like Christian?
Funny, since you're the one claiming to be a prophet... not I... I am just clarifying what type of prophet you are.

Jeremiah 23 is talking about your kind, not my kind.
Good explanation - I've earlier stated that I use the term "Fideism" to describe my kind of relativity in regards to conforming to the Torah without appeal to "renaissance reason", etc

I'm FULLY with you on Torah trumping the doctrine called "common sense".
I also trust supernatural experience and supernatural revelation, which I argue YHWH can objectively grant to indivuals without necessarily giving them the means to prove so to others.

I mean, the only alternative is to doubt everything and become a "brain in a vat"-solipsist or something.

J. Jury said:
I am a Torah-ist.
Do with that what you will.
Jesse, are you a Fideist like Christian?
Then why did Paul applaud the early believers for being zealous for the Torah?

No Andrew... the only thing that is clear is that several righteous men have all spoken against you.

Now go away, little boy, so the men can discuss important matters.

well, I already know your answer then. It is clear that you simply cannot be trusted in righteous judgment. The Scriptures are preaching against people such as yourself, who pride themselves with the Law of Moses. It is clear that Israel is still very much in apostasy, as is large majority of the world.
And if a soul 5315 sin 2398 , and commit 6213 any 259 of these things which are forbidden to be done 6213 by the commandments 4687 of YEWE 3068; though he wist 3045 [it] not, yet is he guilty 816 , and shall bear 5375 his iniquity 5771.

pretty straight foward, shalom

J. Jury said:
Yes, it is uncleanliness. Clearly and plainly.

But is it sin?

sevynn leverette said:
Of course they are unclean- this is plainly what the Torah teaches

And if a soul 5315 sin 2398 , and commit 6213 any 259 of these things which are forbidden to be done 6213 by the commandments 4687 of YEWE3068; though he wist 3045 [it] not, yet is he guilty 816 , and shall bear 5375 his iniquity 5771.</<br />
you agree that all these are unclean, so you are saying 5:17 to be untrue it says any of these things that a man touches while unclean is defiled....

Shalom

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service