Nazarene Space

Is (or is not) having sex on the Sabbath a sin?

I myself am (strongly) of the opinion that it is not a sin to have sex on the Sabbath; however, there are several individuals here who are (strongly) of the opinion that it is indeed a sin.

This topic has been discussed in a previous thread regarding the Sabbath restrictions found in the Book of Jubilees (not a book I support in any way), but the emphasis of that thread was on Jubilees, not this specific issue of sex on the Sabbath.

I would like to hear diverse answers from NazSpace members concerning their opinion on the matter.

Views: 1112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Would you censor Ezekiel 23?

Don't accuse me of things, come on.
It's a legitimate question.
You presume to know better than the Bible, have shown yourself willing to take books out of the Bible - why not individual chapters as well?

Jeremiah Moses said:
Why do I get the since that your kinda upset? And that your emotions are going wild as you are holding the book in your hand scared as men of the church told you it was!...?
The truth be told the apostles of Yeshua the Messiah Had Torah , the Prophets and History.. as these where available to them and most only in the synagogue. I'm sorry to inform U that they didn't have your beloved paul & his writing... Or Acts or Luke These where not among the books they read when they came together to fellowship... Sorry Christian said:
So you would censor Ezekiel 23, or tear it from the Bible?
I mean, you're already tearing Acts, presumably Luke, and most of the Epistles from the Bible...

Jeremiah Moses said:
Didn't say any thing about eve. What is interesting is this conversation on the out side something that a husband wife. Or a rabbi teaching these things. But I have seen many of these conversation come up in the last weeks or so.. and I have not said any thing... but on a very nature level I know that men are prone to conversations like this one.. where are topic is sex and I wonder just how much Spirit and life is really in this conversation from just men being natural and just having fun talking about the one subject that most gets them going . ?
Also the purity level of each man and women in this conversation is of some what of an Issues as I'm sure most people on here have no accountability and fellowship an little true community and fellowship from witch their purity and Holiness is shown an keep in line.
So these are my cares as I man a Leader to some young men in the faith and I know what they are going though and this would be on of the last conversations that I let them in.. and Married men I still would take this conversation to a Private area so that it can be watch to keep it pure and also who is going in .
So forgive me I care about Purity & Holiness
sevynn leverette said:
i understood it as graphic content, this portion is very family safe, what offends you about Eve being created?????

Shalom

Jeremiah Moses said:
I thought that Dr trimm said that we would have a family safe lace to have comversations... this is not family safe!!
I'm alttle offended by this and others that have come up. This should be talked about in private not in the open .
Ezekiel 23 is a very explicit chapter - would you censor it?
It is very much more explicit than any quote in this thread.
Deuteronomy 29:29, "The secret things belong unto Yahweh our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law."

Revealed = straight forward, literal understanding. We can't follow the Torah without the things that are revealed in a straight forward, literal understanding.

sevynn leverette said:
English or Hebrew, which text would be acceptable, and Torah says His instructions are a parable as YeweShua taught and not a straight foward literal book?????
Shalom
J. Jury said:
I'm all for in depth study, providing it does not lead to an understanding that cannot be supported by a straight forward reading of the text.

sevynn leverette said:
or incorrect interpretation rather than in depth study????

Shalom

J. Jury said:
Amen.

Yaacov said:
This and other conversations like it never would have come up if CERTAIN PEOPLE HAD NOT ADDED EXTRA LAWS TO THE TORAH AND TRIED TO UNILATERALLY IMPOSE THEIR EXTRA LAWS ON TO OTHERS! So that is where it started.

Jeremiah Moses said:
I thought that Dr trimm said that we would have a family safe lace to have comversations... this is not family safe!!
I'm alttle offended by this and others that have come up. This should be talked about in private not in the open .
Deuteronomy 6:7, "And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."

Deuteronomy 11:19, "And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."

The authority and responsibility to teach is solely placed upon the parents. If parents decide that their 4 year old should enough to hear any and all of Scripture, then that is what children should hear.

Anaiah Priel (Andrew P) Carlson said:
I believe some Scripture should be censored from those that are not yet of age (12 and 13). Once they reach of age, it is up to the discretion of the parents what they should be allowed to read from the Scriptures.
There is a lot of brutal things in the Scriptures. Rapes, murders, wars, and very explicit content. These should most certainly be censored for children younger than 12 and 13. Those that are of age, may still need to have things censored, but this is at the discretion of the parents, as they know if they still need it or not.
The secret 5641 [things belong] unto the LORD 3068 our God 430: but those [things which are] revealed 1540 [belong] unto us and to our children 1121 for 5704 ever 5769, that [we] may do 6213 all the words 1697 of this law 8451.

) to hide, conceal

a) (Niphal)

1) to hide oneself

2) to be hidden, be concealed

b) (Piel) to hide carefully

c) (Pual) to be hidden carefully, be concealed

d) (Hiphil) to conceal, hide

e) (Hithpael) to hide oneself carefully

many things within the message is not revealed except to those who are led by the Ruach

J. Jury said:
Deuteronomy 29:29, "The secret things belong unto Yahweh our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law."

Revealed = straight forward, literal understanding. We can't follow the Torah without the things that are revealed in a straight forward, literal understanding.

sevynn leverette said:
English or Hebrew, which text would be acceptable, and Torah says His instructions are a parable as YeweShua taught and not a straight foward literal book?????
Shalom
J. Jury said:
I'm all for in depth study, providing it does not lead to an understanding that cannot be supported by a straight forward reading of the text.

sevynn leverette said:
or incorrect interpretation rather than in depth study????

Shalom

J. Jury said:
Amen.

Yaacov said:
This and other conversations like it never would have come up if CERTAIN PEOPLE HAD NOT ADDED EXTRA LAWS TO THE TORAH AND TRIED TO UNILATERALLY IMPOSE THEIR EXTRA LAWS ON TO OTHERS! So that is where it started.

Jeremiah Moses said:
God, at any given point, can choose to provide further/additional revelation, as He did consistently throughout the prophets. However, this doesn't change the fact that all we need is the straight-forward, literal understanding, as is clearly stated, "those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law."

sevynn leverette said:
many things within the message is not revealed except to those who are led by the Ruach
it is a covenant to preserve His word, but the message is hidden in most places within the frame work of the Hebrew language; example- heart is core of ones thinking, renewing the mind you will never ever get this in English straight foward rendering.

Shalom

J. Jury said:
God, at any given point, can choose to provide further/additional revelation, as He did consistently throughout the prophets. However, this doesn't change the fact that all we need is the straight-forward, literal understanding, as is clearly stated, "those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law."

sevynn leverette said:
The problem isn't that the message is hidden- in fact, it isn't hidden at all, as He clearly states, "those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law." The problem (at least the one you're concerned about) is with English translations. That is a problem that can be easily rectified by proper translation methods.

sevynn leverette said:
it is a covenant to preserve His word, but the message is hidden in most places within the frame work of the Hebrew language; example- heart is core of ones thinking, renewing the mind you will never ever get this in English straight foward rendering.

Shalom

J. Jury said:

sevynn leverette said:
The secret things belong unto Yahweh our God:J. Jury said:
you keep leaving this off this portion of the Scripture passage the hidden, not revealed unless YEWE alows the Ruach to teach you, and i agree unless you study and seek the Hebrew text you will be lost in you understanding; by proper transliteration methods which is a process of revelation, the secrets, mystery, unrevealed hidden, concealed as Solomon confirmed in Provebs 24 These [things] also [belong] to the wise 2450. [It is] not good 2896 to have respect 5234 of persons 6440 in judgment 4941.

Shalom

cite="http://nazarenespace.ning.com/forum/topics/is-or-is-not-having-sex-on-the?page=20&commentId=2182335%3AComment%3A61230&x=1#2182335Comment61230">
The problem isn't that the message is hidden- in fact, it isn't hidden at all, as He clearly states, "those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law." The problem (at least the one you're concerned about) is with English translations. That is a problem that can be easily rectified by proper translation methods.

sevynn leverette said:

Shalom

J. Jury said:

sevynn leverette said:
The secret things belong to Yahweh. No amount of personal study will reveal them. God alone reveals them. These secret things are not the Torah, they are not the straight forward (revealed) literal things that have been thoroughly explained to us with (in Torah).

sevynn leverette said:
you keep leaving this off this portion of the Scripture passage the hidden, not revealed unless YEWE alows the Ruach to teach you, and i agree unless you study and seek the Hebrew text you will be lost in you understanding; by proper transliteration methods which is a process of revelation, the secrets, mystery, unrevealed hidden, concealed as Solomon confirmed in Provebs 24 These [things] also [belong] to the wise 2450. [It is] not good 2896 to have respect 5234 of persons 6440 in judgment 4941. Shalom

cite="http://nazarenespace.ning.com/forum/topics/is-or-is-not-having-sex-on-the?page=20&commentId=2182335%3AComment%3A61230&x=1#2182335Comment61230">

sevynn leverette said:

Shalom

J. Jury said:

sevynn leverette said:
this is proof you are baffled by the parable of the passage, nothing says straight foward, literal, that is just your personal opinion revealed means uncover something hidden?????

to uncover, remove

a) (Qal)

1) to uncover

2) to remove, depart

3) to go into exile

b) (Niphal)

1) (reflexive)

a) to uncover oneself

b) to discover or show oneself

c) to reveal himself (of God)

2) (passive)

a) to be uncovered

b) to be disclosed, be discovered

c) to be revealed

3) to be removed

c) (Piel)

1) to uncover (nakedness)

a) nakedness

b) general

2) to disclose, discover, lay bare

3) to make known, show, reveal

d) (Pual) to be uncovered

e) (Hiphil) to carry away into exile, take into exile

f) (Hophal) to be taken into exile

g) (Hithpael)

1) to be uncovered

2) to reveal oneself

shalom

J. Jury said:
The secret things belong to Yahweh. No amount of personal study will reveal them. God alone reveals them. These secret things are not the Torah, they are not the straight forward (revealed) literal things that have been thoroughly explained to us with (in Torah).

sevynn leverette said:
you keep leaving this off this portion of the Scripture passage the hidden, not revealed unless YEWE alows the Ruach to teach you, and i agree unless you study and seek the Hebrew text you will be lost in you understanding; by proper transliteration methods which is a process of revelation, the secrets, mystery, unrevealed hidden, concealed as Solomon confirmed in Provebs 24 These [things] also [belong] to the wise 2450. [It is] not good 2896 to have respect 5234 of persons 6440 in judgment 4941. Shalom

sevynn leverette said:

Shalom

J. Jury said:

sevynn leverette said:
The Torah was revealed. It is known plainly, simply, literally, and straight-forward. I don't know what is so difficult about this to understand. The things that are not revealed are for God to know.

sevynn leverette said:
this is proof you are baffled by the parable of the passage, nothing says straight foward, literal, that is just your personal opinion revealed means uncover something hidden?????

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service