Nazarene Space

Is (or is not) having sex on the Sabbath a sin?

I myself am (strongly) of the opinion that it is not a sin to have sex on the Sabbath; however, there are several individuals here who are (strongly) of the opinion that it is indeed a sin.

This topic has been discussed in a previous thread regarding the Sabbath restrictions found in the Book of Jubilees (not a book I support in any way), but the emphasis of that thread was on Jubilees, not this specific issue of sex on the Sabbath.

I would like to hear diverse answers from NazSpace members concerning their opinion on the matter.

Views: 862

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Of course they are unclean- this is plainly what the Torah teaches.

My question is, are you suggesting that, in each of these examples of uncleanliness, these individuals are sinning?

sevynn leverette said:
do you believe they are unclean during these times?????

Shalom

J. Jury said:
So, do you believe that it is a woman who is menstruating is automatically committing a sin?

Or a woman after childbirth, is she sinning?

Has a man who has just released his seed sinning?

These are the dilemmas one must face in pronouncing "all uncleanliness is sin".

sevynn leverette said:
yet is he guilty 816 , and shall bear 5375 his iniquity 5771

yes i believe this to be true!
The Torah doesn't say that, and it's not my job to rationalize "What would I do?" if it did.

Nice try though.

Anaiah Priel (Andrew P) Carlson said:
Jesse, would you agree and believe the Torah if it taught that a woman who is menstruating is automatically committing a sin?

Or a woman after childbirth is sinning? or a man who has just released his seed is sinning?
It could very well use the word sin, but this word apparently does not mean what we usually think it means.
Otherwise, a Nazarite is a sinner for ending his vow, ever.
And why would Paul commit that sin?

Jesse, would you agree and believe the Torah if it taught that a woman who is menstruating is automatically committing a sin?

Or a woman after childbirth is sinning? or a man who has just released his seed is sinning?
And if a soul 5315 sin 2398 , and commit 6213 any 259 of these things which are forbidden to be done 6213 by the commandments 4687 of YEWE3068; though he wist 3045 [it] not, yet is he guilty 816 , and shall bear 5375 his iniquity 5771.

The Torah says any one of these things.....

Shalom
I'm trying to see when humility kicks in for you - if it ever does, in this age.

I'm curious how far you would go until you would back down on your total observance to Torah without using logic as a guide. I'm trying to see when logic kicks in for you, or if it ever does.
Common sense trumps logic.

I'm curious how far you would go until you would back down on your total observance to Torah without using logic as a guide. I'm trying to see when logic kicks in for you, or if it ever does.
I still wonder why a Nazirite ending his vow, a vow which he is actually encouraged to take, should make a sin offering, or how is guilty of an amoral or moral transgression in the modern sense of these terms.

Nobody seems able to answer this, which does indeed reflect upon the nature of uncleanness...

Was Paul a sinner for ending his vow?
If so, he must have been one for taking a vow to begin with, since it automatically causes sin, and the text actually does not even seem to provide for permanent Naziritehood, except in cases of special calling (Samson, the Baptist, etc)

"It could very well use the word sin, but this word apparently does not mean what we usually think it means.
Otherwise, a Nazarite is a sinner for ending his vow, ever. And why would Paul commit that sin?" I agree, sin does not necessarily mean moral transgression, it sometimes means amoral transgression.

But, it seems generally clear that when people talk about sin, they usually are referring to moral transgressions rather than amoral transgressions.
Let's pray for him to understand- when he's older.

If someone doesn't give him a serious (well deserved) arse kicking before then.

Christian said:
I'm trying to see when humility kicks in for you - if it ever does, in this age.

??

sevynn leverette said:
And if a soul 5315 sin 2398 , and commit 6213 any 259 of these things which are forbidden to be done 6213 by the commandments 4687 of YEWE3068; though he wist 3045 [it] not, yet is he guilty 816 , and shall bear 5375 his iniquity 5771.

The Torah says any one of these things.....

Shalom
Whatever proceeds from the mouth of Yahweh is truth, even if it's absurd.

It's about humility, and obedience; in some cases, especially if it's absurd.

The Torah trumps common sense.

is not common sense an aspect of logic?
nevertheless, I am least encouraged by you saying that you would eventually reject something if it got to a certain point of absurdity.
Of course they are unclean- this is plainly what the Torah teaches

And if a soul 5315 sin 2398 , and commit 6213 any 259 of these things which are forbidden to be done 6213 by the commandments 4687 of YEWE3068; though he wist 3045 [it] not, yet is he guilty 816 , and shall bear 5375 his iniquity 5771.</<br />
you agree that all these are unclean, so you are saying 5:17 to be untrue it says any of these things that a man touches while unclean is defiled....

Shalom
It is frustrating dealing with irrational phrases like "I'm as humble as Yeshua (in any situation, EVER)".

And yes, since you drag my view into every discussion, probably to distract from yourself;
YHWH wants me to give the correct answers to the challenges He presumably is presenting for me through you, just as He has used me to test others before.
It is better for you to be corrected by words, than through the lake of fire.

I'm as humble as Yahushua the Messiah was in His rebuking of the wicked.
And Christian, take that up with Yahuwah, I know its probably really frustrating struggling with the things Yahuwah makes me do.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service