Nazarene Space

Jubilee/Qumran Solar Calendar Vs Lunar Psalmist Calendar! Helppppp...

Shalom to all, I hope some of you may be able to help expound and give me some closure on a puzzle/subject I can't seem to crack for years. See thread title.

After studying the Enoch/Essene Qumran solar calendar and pretty much appreciating its uniformity and precision, I've now run into a jam. The non canonical book of Jubilees states this :

Jubilees 6: 30-38 :
  1. And all the days of the commandment will be two and fifty weeks of days, and (these will make) the entire year complete. Thus it is engraven and ordained on the
    heavenly
    tablets.
  2. And there is no neglecting (this commandment) for a single year or from year to year.
  3. And command thou the children of Israel that they observe the years according to this reckoning- three hundred and sixty-four days, and (these) will
    constitute a complete year, and
    they will not disturb its time from its days and from its feasts; for
    everything will fall out in them
    according to
    their testimony, and they will not leave out any day nor disturb any
    feasts.
  4. But if they do neglect and do not observe them according to His commandment, then they will disturb all
    their seasons and the years will be dislodged from this (order), [and
    they will disturb the seasons
    and the years
    will be dislodged] and they will neglect their ordinances.
  5. And all the children of Israel will forget and will not find the path of the years, and will forget the
    new moons, and seasons, and
    sabbaths
    and they will go wrong as to all the order of the years.
  6. For I know and from henceforth will I declare it unto thee, and it is not of my own
    devising; for the book (lies) written
    before me, and on the heavenly tablets the division of days is ordained,
    lest they forget the feasts
    of the covenant
    and walk according to the feasts of the Gentiles after their error
    and after their
    ignorance.
  7. For there will be those who will assuredly make observations of the moon -how (it) disturbs the
    seasons and comes in from year to year ten days too soon.
  8. For this reason the years will come upon them when they will disturb (the order), and make an
    abominable (day) the day of
    testimony, and an unclean day a feast day, and they will confound all
    the days, the holy with the
    unclean, and the unclean day with the holy; for they will go wrong as to
    the months and sabbaths
    and feasts and
    jubilees.
  9. For this reason I command and testify to thee that thou mayst testify to them; for after thy death thy children will disturb (them), so that they will
    not make the year three
    hundred and sixty-four days only, and for this reason they will go wrong
    as to the new moons and
    seasons and sabbaths and festivals, and they will eat all kinds of blood
    with all kinds of flesh.
Now, King David or whoever Psalm 104 : 19 is attested to wrote this :
He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down.

See my confusion? Jubilees says use the sun to make calendar and mark feast dates, but our trusty told Tanakh says use the moon. Jubilees has a warning against using the moon. Whats going on?

So I have a few questions I'd like answered in this order :

1.) Which is the correct method for dating feasts? Moon as prescribed in Psalms or Jubilee Sun Calendar? Why?

2.) If your answer to the first question is the Solar Jubilee calendar, then how do you reconcile that to the fact Genesis 1 says that both the sun and moon are to be used, yet Book of jubilees warns against using the moon. What therefore is the use of the moon to the Jubilee/Enoch calendar system?

3.) I have seen no direct command for calendar intercalation in the Tanakh (no not even in Ezekiel). Is there a concrete, solid method for the 1 and a quarter day discrepancy that exists for the Jubilee calendar? Or is this 365 and a quarter day just some made up science hogwash, and the year is truly a perfect 364 cycle as stated in the book of Jubilees?

Many thanks in advance. I await some closure on this puzzle I've had for so long.

Views: 2406

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you believ man, i believe Enoch

Shalom
Wasn't Enoch a man? :-)

I believe in recognizing the consistency in the world around us, a.k.a. common sense. The seasons have worked and operated consistently for the past several hundred years of recognizing 365.25 days in an agricultural year as a mathematical consistency.

sevynn leverette said:
you believ man, i believe Enoch

Shalom
if that is how you understand Scripture by taking man evidence to varify it so be it, i take Scripture to dis prove man and all Scripture is through the Ruach haQodesh in my understanding...

was YeweShua a man, Moshe a man,

Shalom
I'm merely making an observation on the beautiful world around us that Yahweh our God has given us. It's not the wisdom of man, it's common facts of observation.

Common fact of observation: the seasons have operated consistently for hundreds of years based on accepting 365.25 days in an agricultural year.

sevynn leverette said:
if that is how you understand Scripture by taking man evidence to varify it so be it, i take Scripture to dis prove man and all Scripture is through the Ruach haQodesh in my understanding...
Shalom
actually 365.24242425 is a math equation?????

Shalom
365.25 is a common fact of observation. It is a simplified expression of saying, "For three years, it takes 365 days to get one equinox/equilux in year A, to equinox/equilux in year B; then, in the fourth year, it takes 366 days to get one equinox/equilux in year A, to equinox/equilux in year B".

sevynn leverette said:
Shalom
math expression, math equation based on 19,000 years a man made conclusion, as i said i believe Enoch 364!!!!!

if you choose to rely on man then do so, for me
Torah, Scripture, Ruach, and emunah

if common sense, logic, personal observations work for you so be it!

J. Jury said:
That (365.24242425) is a math expression.

365.25 is a common fact of observation. It is a simplified expression of saying, "For three years, it takes 365 days to get one equinox/equilux in year A, to equinox/equilux in year B; then, in the fourth year, it takes 366 days to get one equinox/equilux in year A, to equinox/equilux in year B".

sevynn leverette said:
Shalom
So you are really saying you disagree that the agricultural year is 365.25 days from one year to the next?
Are you really saying you disagree with that?
Are you really disagreeing with the past several hundred years of agricultural observation?

It's cool if you are... I am just curious.

sevynn leverette said:
math expression, math equation based on 19,000 years a man made conclusion, as i said i believe Enoch 364!!!!!
if you choose to rely on man then do so, for me Torah, Scripture, Ruach, and emunah
if common sense, logic, personal observations work for you so be it!

J. Jury said:
That (365.24242425) is a math expression.

sevynn leverette said:
Shalom
like i said i believe Enoch 364!!!!

are you saying you believe man made calendar doctrine over Enoch?????

Shalom
Wow... Ok.

All I'm saying is that, based on observation in the world around us, the agricultural year is 365.25 days.

sevynn leverette said:
are you saying you believe man made calendar doctrine over Enoch?????
Shalom
It's not a "doctrine of man", it's just very simple matter of observations. Like gravity... if you drop enough things from the top of a building, and you observe them fall, you will accept as fact that things fall to the ground.

Likewise... If you watch, from one year to the other, you can observe the length of time it takes to get from one vernal equinox/equilux to the next. It's a very simple matter of observation.

sevynn leverette said:
are you saying you believe man made calendar doctrine over Enoch????? Shalom
wow man made teaching over Scripture, what a new concept??????

Enoch is wrong because i don't understand, Daniel 7:25 man will err and change the times;

Take heed what you hear: with what measure your mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.

but the reason of man, the Greek philosophy on man made mete of measure, the Ruach is what i believe, because man could not understand Enoch and choose a calendar by their own mete so be it, but for me i will continue to pray, meditate on the Scriptures untill 364 day calendar is revealed.

you can continue to delve into man, common sense, logic, that is your choice

Shalom

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service