Nazarene Space

Shalom all,

Well I just got home (late last night) from the conference in Florida and we had a wonderful time!

It was so good to get to meet some of you in person. I know that there were many of you who were not able to be there, who really wanted to be able to be there. I hope those of you who could not come, will be able tpo make it next time.

In addition to some great speakers, there were some great opportunities to sit around and midrash together in little informal groups. Friday and Saturday night Rabbi Miller gathered a group for a bonus "midnight special"study group.

And there was just a lot of great fun. I remember at one point Jeff Benner was teaching from the podium and his mouth was getting dry so he called out in the middle of his teaching "Would it be possible for me to get a glass of water?" to which I called back (jokingly) "Sure go ahead" and someone else called back "sure, we'll wait" and everyone (Jeff included) burst into laughter. (Of course while all of this was happening someone was getting Jeff some water). This was just the kind of relaxed atmosphere and fun we were all having while studying and rejoicing in YHWH's word.

Please use this space to share your own reflections on the conference.

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It was indeed an excellent conference. For my sons and I who are relatively new to the Nazarene faith (a little over a year now), it was very encouraging to walk in and see almost EVERYONE wearing tzitzyot with a cord of blue! (We think we might the ONLY ones in our entire town!).

The teachings were fabulous, well-grounded in scripture, fast-moving, meaty and relevant. It was a great honor to hear such devoted scholars as Jeff Benner, Rico Cortes, and of course, you, Dr. Trimm. Furthermore, there was a warm sense of family among the 75 (or so) people there, though some hold some different perspectives. The fact of the matter is that all had in common "the keeping of the commandments of Elohim, and holding to the witness of Yahshua," though possibly at different points on the journey.
Shalom All
> Just want to share my experience at the conference. I would like to begin by saying that YHWH is awesome. I was only there for one day "SHABBAT" and the blessing through the teaching were amazing. The Shabbat Service was lead by Rabbi Rob Miller and he did a great job.
> Rabbi Rob Miller also did a teaching titled "The Lost" like the movie but the lost he spoke of was the Ten Lost Tribe of Israel.
>
> Rico Cortez was amazing. You can fill and see the humbleness, sincerity and passion for the Torah, especially the Temple Service. Rico's teaching was on "Amidah" how to approach our King to be; Messiah ben David at the millennium, that we need to rehearse the prayers and learn the temple service in order to fully understand our role and how to approach the Messiah. The temple service will also give you all the evidence about the role Messiah ben Joseph "YahShua" giving you deeper conviction that YahShua is the real Messiah, that If anyone is thinking about giving up on the Messiah and converting fully to Judaism. I highly recommend Rico's teaching on "Is Yeshua the true Messiah of Israel?"
>
> Jeff Bremen knowledge on Paleo Hebrew is super. He was able to take a verse and translate keywords into Paleo Hebrew and give the verse a fuller and deeper meaning.
>
> James Trimm was awesome. He did a deep and amazing job with Romans "The Amour of the Believers" and showed the connection in the Torah, Psalms and Prophets and did it where we all could understand. We are honored to have a leader of this knowledge, grace and who is approachable.
>
> I had the privilege to sit in on a table conversation with James, Rico, and Jeff and with others. The knowledge and Love on Torah was amazing.
Also Tracy Osborn of On High Ministries http://www.onhigh.org/ performed beautiful worship music
My wife and I were devastated about not being able to attend. We live in Australia and got a two weeks notice. The email Rabbi Rob sent us just came from nowhere.

To see Rob, James and Jeff all in the one room would have been a dream come true.

Hopefully we can at least send a delegate from Agudat Bris Sydney Australia next time. Please boys give us DownUnderlings ample notice next time. We’re serious about this stuff and we need to make our presence felt beyond the internet.

Anyway, glad everyone enjoyed themselves.

Shalom, shalom.

Jason.
Jason,

Sorry you missed it, we were promoting it here on NazareneSpace for months.
indeed i would have loved to be there but Belgium is quite far from the states :D
maybe next time you can organise it here in Belgium? haha :D

hopefully one day when i'm financielly up for it i can make it!
Speaking of finances...a great little story. My sons and I wanted to attend this conference but there was NO WAY, financially, with less in the bank than the bills that were due the following week. But I casually prayed that if it be YHWH's will, He would somehow give us the money before the week was up. Then it occurred to me that I had a bucket of change on my dresser... the boys also threw theirs in and there was JUST enough for the registration and the food! So we rolled all of our coins (the widow's 2 mites come to mind) and cashed them in at the bank, and registered. The next day (Thursday before leaving for the conference), I received an unexpected check for $1000 in the mail which would adequately cover the bills that were due! You just have to love it!

Another wonderful thing about the widow having TWO mites...she could have just given ONE. But the fact that she had TWO, and gave them BOTH gives a lot more meaning to what she did.

If your eye is clear (if you're generous), your whole being will be FULL OF LIGHT! (and "light" = Torah!)

Serkan said:
indeed i would have loved to be there but Belgium is quite far from the states :D

Patrick Shannon said:
Speaking of finances...a great little story. My sons and I wanted to attend this conference but there was NO WAY, financially, with less in the bank than the bills that were due the following week. But I casually prayed that if it be YHWH's will, He would somehow give us the money before the week was up. Then it occurred to me that I had a bucket of change on my dresser... the boys also threw theirs in and there was JUST enough for the registration and the food! So we rolled all of our coins (the widow's 2 mites come to mind) and cashed them in at the bank, and registered. The next day (Thursday before leaving for the conference), I received an unexpected check for $1000 in the mail which would adequately cover the bills that were due! You just have to love it!

Another wonderful thing about the widow having TWO mites...she could have just given ONE. But the fact that she had TWO, and gave them BOTH gives a lot more meaning to what she did.

If your eye is clear (if you're generous), your whole being will be FULL OF LIGHT! (and "light" = Torah!)

Serkan said:

the Lord does not work in mysterious ways!!
He is quite clear, follow My Torah and believe in Me with every fiber of your being and you will raise to life that is everlasting!! Stories like these are beautifull to hear :)

amen

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service