Nazarene Space

Straightfoward literal translation of Scripture??? Is Torah or other Scripture straight foward in its interpretation???

Example: You shall not curse the deaf, and you shall not place a stumbling block before the blind, you shall fear your Eloyim, I am YEWE. What is its interpretation

Views: 306

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In all fairness, it seems as if any English transcription of the Messiah's name is somewhat arbitrary, providing it can be phonetically pronounced correctly.
christian akhi, i was asked to write the best way to pronounce Messiah's historical name but i have to say that "ye" is a verb because in Hebrew "YE" represents the future or imperfect of the verb "to be"

Christian said:
Isn't the yod also an an indicator for a verb in this instance?
I thought Yeshua (to save) was the verbal form of Shua (salvation)....?

Serkan said:
Yodh shin waw ain = Yeshua
Ye (is the first two letters of the Divine Name see; YeHWH) sh (as in "shhhh! be quiet!") ua (oewa) Ye + shua = Ye(HWH) saves

J. Jury said:
I'm sure you've posted it before on other threads, but what exactly is the correct English transcription of the Messiah's name in Aramaic/Syriac??

Serkan said:

hence the "learn Aramaic" thread i started ;-)

J. Jury said:
In all fairness, it seems as if any English transcription of the Messiah's name is somewhat arbitrary, providing it can be phonetically pronounced correctly.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service