Nazarene Space

Hosea 2:11.  I will also cause all her mirth to cease, her feast days, her New Moons, her Sabbaths all her appointed feasts.

The "her" here is Israel. I read this as the Feasts and Sabbaths are SUSPENDED until the Return of Messiah. This is in conjuction with the absence of the Temple where the corresponding prescribed sacrifices even in sabbath are non-existent today.

In other words although we keep tab of the appointed times or moedim, however we celebrate or memorialize the Feasts, they are not the biblical Feasts itself but made up human renditions.

In my desire to keep Torah, I want to keep the Feasts. But how do we keep the Feasts according to Scripture without the sacrifices?

Today, most Messianics and Nazarenes are keeping the Feasts according to Pharisee/Rabbinate traditions and times. Although the Karaites try to use the harvest and moon times, they too do not have the proper sacrifices.

In general, how to we keep Torah without the Temple?     

Views: 402

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Something to think about: the feasts were kept before the Temple stood, Pesach was even kept before the Tabernacle stood.
Read closely. YHWH says he will cause HER feasts, HER New Moons and HER sabbaths to cease. However in the Torah YHWH speaks of MY feasts, MY New Moons and MY Sabbaths as "for all your generations FOREVER".

Note the distinction between HER feasts, and MY feasts. YHWH's feasts are for all generations forever.
Daniel kept the Torah without a Temple.
So how did Daniel kept the Feasts? He prayed 3 times a day corresponding to the Temple sacrifices. A clue I got is this: Psalms 141

1. YHVH I cry out to You; Make haste to me! Give ear to my voice when I cry out to You.
2. Let my prayer be set before You as incense, The lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.

Now is it Torah faithful to sacrifce a lamb just like the very first Pesach before leaving Egypt? Consider:
Deut 12:
5. "But you shall seek the place where the Lord your God chooses, out of all your tribes, to put His name for His habitation; and there you shall go.
6. "There you shall take your burnt offerings, your sacrifices, your tithes, the heave offerings of your hand, your vowed offerings, your freewill offerings, and the firstlings of your herds and flocks.
7. "And there you shall eat before the Lord your God, and you shall rejoice in all to which you have put your hand, you and your households, in which the Lord your God has blessed you.
8. "You shall not at all do as we are doing here today every man doing whatever is right in his own eyes

Is it right in our own eyes to sacrifice outside a non-existent Temple?

When you made me notice the "her" and "my", are the "her" Israel's man-made feasts such as what the Rabbis and keeping today e.f. seders. Of "my" means the Feasts YHVH have written which is forever but we are unable to keep as exactly prescibed without the Temple?

The way we celebrte the Feasts, are they not also same as the man made Rabbinical liturgies? Right in our own eyes?
Hosea 2:11 in context is speaking of the House of Israel as distinct from the House of Judah... I do not see how you read Rabbis of the House of Judah figure into Hosea 2:11. Rabbinic Judaism did not arise until many centuries after Ephraim separated from Judah. This has much more to do with Ephraim mixing paganism into their faith.
indeed the Moedim were all celebrated long before the Temple stood.. and i don't think you can convince any serious observant Nassara or Messianic Jew to give up the feasts just because we can't sacrifice for the time being.. :-) we are not christians who look for anything in the texts where we could say "aha! another commandement made of non-effect!" through misinterpretation
The way we keep the Feast today are from the Rabbis. Even our get up and liturgies. I see what you mean that it is Israel whose Feasts have ceased. Then does this mean the House of Judah are keeping the Feasts exactly as presecribed in the Bible? With the destruction of the Temple, both the houses of Judah and Israel are precluded from keeping the Feasts. And historically, the House of Judah DID NOT keep the Feasts especially the Shmitamim and Yovel.

What I am searching for is how do we keep the Feasts today witout the sacrifices. Or can we sacrifice?

James Trimm said:
Hosea 2:11 in context is speaking of the House of Israel as distinct from the House of Judah... I do not see how you read Rabbis of the House of Judah figure into Hosea 2:11. Rabbinic Judaism did not arise until many centuries after Ephraim separated from Judah. This has much more to do with Ephraim mixing paganism into their faith.
Methinks that the only reason for feasts to cease is during a time of captivity / chastisement of YHWH, in which the ability to actually keep the appointed times is significantly compromised.
Hello Roderick-

I totally agree with James - here it is not speaking of The LORD's Feasts - it is speaking to The Lost Tribes of Israel and their pagan observances, not Judah (The Jews) or the Saints who have held fast to His words:

Ephraim compasseth me about with lies, and the house of Israel with deceit: but Judah yet ruleth with God, and is faithful with the saints. Hosea 11.12

Israel was the Northern Kingdom led by Ephraim, they were carried off into slavery by Assyria in 722 BC and never heard from again, for idolatry and observing pagan holy days.

The LORD totally rejects the pagan holy days which the Lost Israelites still observe to this day:

http://www.lumberguy.net/359Satansnumber.html

For information on who the Lost Tribes are I highly reccomend this booklet:

http://www.garnertedarmstrong.org/pubs/europe.htm

I have been putting out a challenge for over 20 years for anyone to show error or falsehood in it and no one has succeeded yet, except there used to be a verse labeled 2 Samuel when it should have said 1 Samuel - a copyist's error long corrected.

The prophecies are impossible to understand if a person does not comprehend the difference between Israel (The Lost Tribes) and Judah (the Jews).

Hosea 2.11 is a prophecy for the future when The LORD will utterly abolish the pagan holidays adopted by the apostate Lost Tribes, such as Sunady, Xmas, Easter, Lent, New Years, Halloween, etc.

Look in the back of a Bible with maps - Israel and Judah are two totally nations, with separate ruling dynasties.

People call Judah "The State of Israel" but the reality is it is Judah - it is made up of those of the Tribe of Judah, Benjamin, Levi and it's capitol was always Jerusalem - the capitol of The Northern Kingdom / Israel was Samaria.

Here is a Bible Code The LORD led me to:

http://www.lumberguy.net/BCStateofIsrael.html

50,000 to 1 chance of being random

The LORD's Holy Days will last least until the end of the 1000 year rule of Christ over the Earth and probably beyond, for they picture out His glorious plan for mankind:

http://www.lumberguy.net/FAQ7.html

Blessings -

Jim
If anything, srael is mostly lost, much more so than Judah.
Who knows the truths? Who reads Hebrew? Who has kept the Shabbat and traditions for millennia?
Ephraim? No.
BTW, last time I checked on your profile you said you're a Nazarene Jew - are you really from Judah?
If you are, then maybe we should "not follow Judah (=you)"....

Also, watch your tone.
If you think something is ignorant, there is still a right way to point it out, which is edifing, and a wrong way, which is not educational but simply signs of being a besserwisser.

Anaiah Priel (Andrew P) Carlson said:
Judah is still lost for the most part. do not follow Judah. Follow Israel. Israel is not yet restored, but the truth of Israel is necessary. Judah still hangs on to their rabbinic falsehoods.
OK guys I get it. The Feasts reffered to in Hosea 2:11 are not YHVH's Feasts. Everyone had been telling me that all the Feasts are being celebrated before, during, and after the destruction of the Temple. I am not advocating not to keep the Feasts. I am asking HOW do we keep the Feasts without the sacrifices and Temple and priesthood...TODAY.

Unless, like Judah and Israel, we appoint our own priests, sacrifices,and Temple. Then in essence it is NOT YHVH's Feasts but ours.

If that is the case, then HOW DO WE celebrate the Feasts exactly as prescribed in the Bible? Give me the exact liturgies. Do we do it today with sacrifices? If not what are your Biblical foundations for celebrating without or with the sacrifices.

It does not matter to me the historicity of the 2 Houses. What I am interested in is the HOW in celebrating the Feasts TODAY....not in the past or in the future...but NOW.

Even if you cited that the Feasts in Hosea are really the pagan practices of Israel and also Judah, it does not change the fact that we today cannot celebrate the Feasts as exactly written in the Scriptures. We all know that what is prescribed is a priesthood, the Place where His Name is, and real life blood sacrifices.

So HOW do we celebrate the Feasts today?
I agree with you. We are in the 3rd set of Punishment as written in Leviticus 26. Still want to know how to keep the Feasts without Temple, sacrifce, and Priests? Or can we?

J. Jury said:
Methinks that the only reason for feasts to cease is during a time of captivity / chastisement of YHWH, in which the ability to actually keep the appointed times is significantly compromised.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service