Nazarene Space

Hosea 2:11.  I will also cause all her mirth to cease, her feast days, her New Moons, her Sabbaths all her appointed feasts.

The "her" here is Israel. I read this as the Feasts and Sabbaths are SUSPENDED until the Return of Messiah. This is in conjuction with the absence of the Temple where the corresponding prescribed sacrifices even in sabbath are non-existent today.

In other words although we keep tab of the appointed times or moedim, however we celebrate or memorialize the Feasts, they are not the biblical Feasts itself but made up human renditions.

In my desire to keep Torah, I want to keep the Feasts. But how do we keep the Feasts according to Scripture without the sacrifices?

Today, most Messianics and Nazarenes are keeping the Feasts according to Pharisee/Rabbinate traditions and times. Although the Karaites try to use the harvest and moon times, they too do not have the proper sacrifices.

In general, how to we keep Torah without the Temple?     

Views: 396

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Bible Codes do not show in The Book of Enoch - this proves it is of man - not God.

It is a major mistake to reject scripture in favor of books outside the Cannon.

And the Hebrew Calender is of God - it based on the encryption of the 42 letter name of God spoken only by The High Priest on The Day of Atonement, while in The Holy of Holies.

Contact me at jim@lumberguy.net and I will send you a .pdf of a chapter from Dr. Satinover's book "Cracking the Bible Codes" which explains the origin of the average lunar year the Calender is based on.

The average is more accurate than any culture and would take measurements using an atomic clock for over 10,000 years to be obtained mathematically.

The "even" is the time between the two days. Not the nightime.

The people were goiing to eat the Passover after sunset on the day Jesus died - that is why The Jews would not enter into The Hall of Judgment:

27. Peter then denied again: and immediately the cock crew.
28. Then led they Jesus from Caiaphas unto the hall of judgment: and it was early; and they themselves went not into the judgment hall, lest they should be defiled; but that they might eat the passover. John 18.27+28

This was on the 13th

13. When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he brought Jesus forth, and sat down in the judgment seat in a place that is called the Pavement, but in the Hebrew, Gabbatha.
14. And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King!
15. But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar.
16. Then delivered he him therefore unto them to be crucified. And they took Jesus, and led him away. John 19.13-16

The 14th started at sundown and The Passover would be eaten, and Yeshua was in the tomb before dark, which started the Passover:

51. (The same had not consented to the counsel and deed of them;) he was of Arimathaea, a city of the Jews: who also himself waited for the kingdom of God.
52. This man went unto Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus.
53. And he took it down, and wrapped it in linen, and laid it in a sepulchre that was hewn in stone, wherein never man before was laid.
54. And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on. Luke 23.51-54

They got Yeshua into the tomb right before the day changed from the 13th to the 14th AT THE SUNSET.

They only managed to get His body into the tomb before dark because it was very close to where He was killed:

40. Then took they the body of Jesus, and wound it in linen clothes with the spices, as the manner of the Jews is to bury.
41. Now in the place where he was crucified there was a garden; and in the garden a new sepulchre, wherein was never man yet laid.
42. There laid they Jesus therefore because of the Jews' preparation day; for the sepulchre was nigh at hand.</</u>b> John 19.40-42

Nowhere does it say anybody did any burying after dark

Jim

Anaiah Priel (Andrew P) Carlson said:
you probably don't believe in the Book of Enoch as Scripture. this proves you are the one that is deceived about the truth, not me. The true calendar is revealed by Enoch and testified by Torah. the Rabbinic/Hebrew calendar is not Scriptural. it is anti-torah.
There have been thousands of texts tested and only The Masoritic Old Testament and The Peshitta new Testament exhibit encryption.

These are the only texts that every letter is from God and they are the only texts we are to rely on for doctrine.

Search all the texts you like but you will never find ELS code after ELS code with odds in the millions to 1 chance of being random over and over again in any of them except the two The LORD has given and preserved for us.

Here is the least likely Code I have ever been shown, and I have the 666 Calculation on there also:

http://www.lumberguy.net/BCPetertheRoman.html

The KJV exhibits Gematria Codes, this is one I love to spread around ;-) :

http://www.lumberguy.net/359Satansnumber.html

It is true

Rejecting the Codes is rejecting understanding from The LORD

Jim

how can the bible codes (which is a hebrew concept) show up in a book that hasn't survived in Hebrew? of course it isn't in enoch, because we don't have it in hebrew. however, the bible code is really flawed. you have been deceived by the bible code. you see what you want to see in regards to the bible code. that's what its all about. the computer shows you combinations you can make. what you don't realize is that there are essentially an infinite number of possibilities. all you have to do is arrange them in the order that you want them to be in so that it will say what you want it to say.

i'll contact you about the bible codes, i'm always researching about things, even things i dont agree with i like to read. Leviticus 7:15 sealed it for me in regards to when the day starts.
Because they are not corrupt - The masoritic Text and The Peshitta have been carefully copied using a Massora to ensure that no changes are made -

Here is a link to a short booklet proving no letters are missing from The Torah and that the writer knew pi out to 500,000 decimal places:

http://www.research-systems.com/codes/mathcode-web.pdf

You don't think Jesus lied do you?

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Matthew 5.18

There is couple of letters messed up in the Writings and The Prophets - but not near enough to destroy the encryption.

And The Eastern Peshitta seems to be intact - it is so short that one or two letters would destroy the troidal searches.

Blessings -

Jim
Matthew 5.18 from Dave Bausher's Interlinear Peshitta:

The LORD has seen to it that the truth is preserved - using the Massorahs and very dedicated Scribes

Blessings -

Jim

how can the manuscripts reveal codes when the manuscripts are corrupt?
Well then show me a mistake in the Koren Text - bet you can't do it

Or The Eastern Peshitta - bet you can't do it

Or in the booklet I supplied a link to - bet you can't do it

I suggest you start with the booklet - it is of man

Jim

they are corrupt, you are wrong. there are very clear examples where the manuscripts are corrupt.
There is two versions of The Masoretic Text which exhibit the encryption effect.

The one I use is The Koren Text - I do not recall what the other is called.

These are the only Two Old Testament Texts which show the code effect.

The difference between the two is 14 letters - no words.

I think the mistakes are spit between the two - it keeps us from seeing the full Code effect.

It would take 72 additional changes to totally destroy the effect.

The Torah is identical in both, in fulfillment of The LORD's prophecy in Matthew 5.18.

The only New Testament text to exhibit encryption is the eastern Peshitta - it says about the 6th hour in John 19.14

I beleive it - the very letters are from God - the Codes prove it.

Jim

Peshitta, and most other manuscripts, say in John chapter 19 that it was the sixth hour that Messiah was crucified. when actually, it was the third hour, as the other gospels say. a few greek manuscripts render it as third hour instead of sixth hour, and this is the true reading.

i'm not familiar with the koren text. is that related to masoretic?
The Peshitta is actually a revision of the Old Syriac Text

See the following blogs:

http://nazarenespace.ning.com/xn/detail/2182335:BlogPost:20615

http://nazarenespace.ning.com/xn/detail/2182335:BlogPost:20617

http://nazarenespace.ning.com/profiles/blogs/codex-phillipps-1388

http://nazarenespace.ning.com/profiles/blogs/old-syriac-heritage-of...

Even better, see my book The Hebrew and Aramaic Origin of the New Testament
http://www.lulu.com/nazarene

Jim Wright said:
Because they are not corrupt - The masoritic Text and The Peshitta have been carefully copied using a Massora to ensure that no changes are made -

Here is a link to a short booklet proving no letters are missing from The Torah and that the writer knew pi out to 500,000 decimal places:

You don't think Jesus lied do you?

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Matthew 5.18

There is couple of letters messed up in the Writings and The Prophets - but not near enough to destroy the encryption.

And The Eastern Peshitta seems to be intact - it is so short that one or two letters would destroy the troidal searches.

Blessings -

Jim
The Masoretic Text is also not perfect.

The HRV Tanak it translated primarily from the Hebrew Masoretic Text however there are some readings in which other versions and manuscripts such as the Septuagint, the Peshitta Tanak and/or the Dead Sea Scrolls preserve an obviously original reading which was lost from the Masoretic Text and which the HRV version has restored (with
an explanatory footnote). The following are just two examples:

Psalm 145 is an acrostic Psalm. This means that each section of the Psalm begins with each of the 22 Hebrew letters from ALEF through TAV. However in the Masoretic Text the section that should begin with a NUN is missing from the text entirely! However in the Septuagint, the Peshitta Tanak, one Hebrew ms. from the middle ages, and the Dead Sea Scroll copy of this Psalm (11QPs(a)) the missing section appears immediately after Ps. 145:13: "YHWH is faithful to all his promises, and loving toward all he has made.” The Hebraic-Roots restores the "lost" NUN section along with an explanatory footnote.

Next let us examine Isaiah 53:11. In the Hebrew of the Masoretic Text this verse has a serious grammatical problem. The Hebrew of the Masoretic Text reads literally:

From the travail of his soul he shall see ________
shall be satisfied in his understanding.
My Righteous servant shall justify many
and their iniquities he bears.

There is very clearly a missing word in the Hebrew resulting in two verbs in a row "shall see" and "shall be satisfied". What shall he see? Now the missing word "light" DOES appear in the Septuagint and has also now turned up in two Hebrew copies of Isaiah found among the Dead Sea Scrolls.

The passage SHOULD read (as it does in the HRV):

From the travail of his soul he shall see light
and shall be satisfied in his understanding.
(Is. 53:11 HRV translation)

(In the HRV the missing word "light" is restored with an explanatory footnote).

The anti-missionaries have made the claim that Christians changed
Ps. 22:16 (17) to read "they have pierced" rather than "like a lion".

Now let us seek the TRUTH on this matter:

The difference between these two readings is one letter.

KARU (KAF-ALEF-RESH-VAV) "They have pierced"
(KAR means "pierced" and the -U means "they")

KARI (KAF-ALEF-RESH-YUD) "Like a lion"
(K- means "like" and ARI means "lion")

The difference is between a VAV and a YUD. The misreading of a VAV
for a YUD or a YUD for a VAV is a frequent scribal error in Hebrew
and Aramaic manuscripts. This is clearly not an intentional change
but a common scribal error.

Now let us try to determine which was the original reading.

First off let us look up this passage in the BHS (Biblia Hebraica
Stuttgartensia). Here we find a footnote that reads:

"pc Mss Edd KAF-ALEF-RESH-VAV, 2Mss Edd KAF-RESH-VAV cf G(S)..."

To transalate this note into lay terms it says:

"A few manuscripts read KARU (KAF-ALEF-RESH-VAV) and two manuscripts
read KARU (KAF-RESH-VAV)and the Greek Septuagint has [pierced]"

In other words while MOST Masoretic Text manuscripts read KARI
("like a lion") SEVERAL read "they have pierced" (two possible
spellings) as does the Greek Septuagint.

The Greek Septuagint is a Greek translation of the Tanak that was
completed by about 200 to 160 BCE.

The Peshitta Aramaic Tanak also has "they have pierced" in this
passage. According to the Encyclopedia Judaica article on "Bible"
The Peshitta ARamaic was produced by Jews for Assyrian and Syrian
converts to Judaism in the first century BCE.

Now lets look at the oldest extant Hebrew copy of this Psalm which
was found among the Dead Sea Scrolls. If we look in THE DEAD SEA
SCROLLS BIBLE under Psalm 22 on pages 518-519 we read:

"They have pierced my hands and my feet."

We are directed to footnote 41 which says:

"5/6HevPs MT(mss) LXX. Like a lion are MT."

In layman's terms this note means:

In the Dead Sea Scroll manuscript designated "5/6HevPs", some
Masoretic Text manuscripts and the Septuagint the reading is "they
have pierced" while most Masoretic Text manuscripts read "like a
lion are".

A header above this section of Psalm 22 reads:

"Psalm 22 is a favorite among Christians since it is often linked in
the New Testament with the suffering and death of Jesus. A well-
known and controversial reading is found in verse 16, where the
Masoretic Text reads "Like a lion are my hands and feet," whereas
the Septuagint has "They have pierced my hands and feet." Among the
scrolls the reading in question is found only in the Psalms scroll
found at Nahal Hever (abreviated 5/6HevPs), which reads "They have
pierced my hands and my feet"!"

Moreover the grammar does not work for "like a lion" since the
phrase would lake a verb. Many insert additional words to MAKE the
text read "Like a lion [they are at] my hands and my feet". The
understood verb of being does not work here because "Like a lion are
my hand and my feet" makes about as much sense as "Like a pizza are
my hands and my feet".

OK lets review the facts:

1. Only the Masoretic Text (which originated in the 9th Century CE)
has "like a lion" and even then some copies have "they have pierced".

2. ALL other versions INCLUDING the Greek Septuagent and Aramaic
Peshitta Tanak read "they have pierced".

3. The error itself is an accidental scribal error and NOT an
intentional change.

4. By far the OLDEST Hebrew copy of the Psalm from the Dead Sea
Scrolls reads "they have pierced"

5. The reading "like a lion" does not fit the grammar.

6. Several copies and versions from BEFORE the life of Yeshua
have "they have pierced" and NO copy or version prior to the 9th
century CE has "like a lion."

THEREFORE:

Yes, so-called Anti-Missionaries including Singer have CLAIMED
that Christians altered this text so as to make it read "they have
pierced"... this is a SERIOUS accusation and the bottom line is that
they have LIED. The reading "they have pierced" existed BEFORE
Christianity existed, the cribal error in question was clearly NOT
intentiona land the textual evidence points STRONGLY to "they have
pierced" as the original reading.

The term “Masorah” refers to the marginal notes which were transmitted by the Masorites along with the Masoretic Text. The notes transmitted in the side margins are called the “Masorah Parva” or “Masorah Katonah”. The notes transmitted on the top and bottom margins are the “Masorah Magna” also known as “Masorah Gedolah”. Finally the notes transmitted at the end of the text are the Masorah Finalis.

Among the notes preserved in the Massorah Gedolah are those of the Tikkun Soferim (“Emendations of the Scribes”). Among the Tikkun Soferim are eighteen notations which indicate that the scribes, finding the original reading irreverent, emended the reading to one less offensive. Each of these eighteen readings are indicated with footnotes in the Hebraic Roots Version (see notes to Gen. 18:22; Num. 11:15; 12:12; 1Sam. 3:13; 2Sam. 16:12; 20:1; 1Kn. 12:16; Jer. 2:11; Ezek. 8:17; Hose 4:7; Hab. 1:12; Zech. 2:12; Mal. 1:13; Job 7:20; 32:3; Lam. 3:20 and 2Chron. 10:16). These footnotes also compare other textual readings from other witnesses such as the Dead Sea Scrolls, Samaritan Pentateuch, Septuagint, Peshitta Tanak and Targums to these readings.

The Massorah also notes 134 places where the Masoretic Text reads “Adonai” but which, according to the Masorah, originally read “YHWH”. In each of these locations the HRV has “YHWH” in the main text along with a footnote explaining that the Masoretic Text reads “Adonai” but that the Massorah indicates the original reading was “YHWH”. These footnotes also compare readings from other textual witnesses as to whether they support YHWH or Adonai in the reading in question.

There are also several places where the Masoretic Text reads “Elohim” but which the Massorah indicates the original reading was “YHWH”. In these verses the HRV has “ELOHIM” in all caps.

(For documentation regarding the Massorah and the Tikkun Soferim see: Old Testament Textual Criticism, a Practical Introduction by Ellis R. Brotzman pp. 54-55, 116-120; The Masorah of Biblia Hebraica Struttgartensia by Kelley, Mynatt and Crawford pp. 1-11, 23-28, 37-43, 191; The Tiqqune Sopherim by C. McCarthy; “Scribal Emendations” by E.J. Revell, Anchor Bible Dictionary; Introduction to the Massoretic-Critical Edition of the Hebrew Bible, by C. Ginsburg; pp. 347-363 & Chapter 3. Massorah Gedolah, Vol. 1 G.E. Weil, 1971. The Massorah, C. Ginsburg paragraphs 107-115.)

Jim Wright said:
There is two versions of The Masoretic Text which exhibit the encryption effect.

I think the mistakes are spit between the two - it keeps us from seeing the full Code effect.

The Torah is identical in both, in fulfillment of The LORD's prophecy in Matthew 5.18.

The only New Testament text to exhibit encryption is the eastern Peshitta - it says about the 6th hour in John 19.14

Jim

Peshitta, and most other manuscripts, say in John chapter 19 that it was the sixth hour that Messiah was crucified. when actually, it was the third hour, as the other gospels say. a few greek manuscripts render it as third hour instead of sixth hour, and this is the true reading.

Hello James -

What you are calling mistakes and hideous gramatical errors are carefully copied anomilies that if it was written the way you think it should be would totally destroy the encryption effect.

Just as if the the word Peniel / Penuel was to be spelled the same way in both verses in Genesis 32 - the Codes would suffer.

And if the Atbash Encryptions in Jeremiah were written with the plain words the entire Code effect would be destroyed in the troidal searches.

http://www.lumberguy.net/AtbashCodes.html

These so-called mistakes are not mistakes at all - they are necessary for the encryption.

In the versions where these so-called mistakes are corrected there is no encryption effect at all.

Please read the booklet I linked to and see the effect that leaving the two inverted nuns out which between Deuteronomy 10.35 + 10.36

Take them out it reads "you are a naive calculator"

include them it reads "you calculate for the good" + the entire calculation of the chapter adds up

They are not mistakes

I am very thankful the Scribes copied what they were given and not what they thought should be there.

Blessings -

Jim

James Trimm said:
The Masoretic Text is also not perfect.

The HRV Tanak it translated primarily from the Hebrew Masoretic Text however there are some readings in which other versions and manuscripts such as the Septuagint, the Peshitta Tanak and/or the Dead Sea Scrolls preserve an obviously original reading which was lost from the Masoretic Text and which the HRV version has restored (with
an explanatory footnote). The following are just two examples:

Psalm 145 is an acrostic Psalm. This means that each section of the Psalm begins with each of the 22 Hebrew letters from ALEF through TAV. However in the Masoretic Text the section that should begin with a NUN is missing from the text entirely! However in the Septuagint, the Peshitta Tanak, one Hebrew ms. from the middle ages, and the Dead Sea Scroll copy of this Psalm (11QPs(a)) the missing section appears immediately after Ps. 145:13: "YHWH is faithful to all his promises, and loving toward all he has made.” The Hebraic-Roots restores the "lost" NUN section along with an explanatory footnote.

Next let us examine Isaiah 53:11. In the Hebrew of the Masoretic Text this verse has a serious grammatical problem. The Hebrew of the Masoretic Text reads literally:

From the travail of his soul he shall see ________
shall be satisfied in his understanding.

There is very clearly a missing word in the Hebrew resulting in two verbs in a row "shall see" and "shall be satisfied". What shall he see? Now the missing word "light" DOES appear in the Septuagint and has also now turned up in two Hebrew copies of Isaiah found among the Dead Sea Scrolls.

The passage SHOULD read (as it does in the HRV):

From the travail of his soul he shall see light
and shall be satisfied in his understanding.
(Is. 53:11 HRV translation)

(In the HRV the missing word "light" is restored with an explanatory footnote).

The anti-missionaries have made the claim that Christians changed
Ps. 22:16 (17) to read "they have pierced" rather than "like a lion".

Now let us seek the TRUTH on this matter:

The difference between these two readings is one letter.

KARU (KAF-ALEF-RESH-VAV) "They have pierced"
(KAR means "pierced" and the -U means "they")

KARI (KAF-ALEF-RESH-YUD) "Like a lion"
(K- means "like" and ARI means "lion")

The difference is between a VAV and a YUD. The misreading of a VAV
for a YUD or a YUD for a VAV is a frequent scribal error in Hebrew
and Aramaic manuscripts. This is clearly not an intentional change
but a common scribal error.

Now let us try to determine which was the original reading.

First off let us look up this passage in the BHS (Biblia Hebraica
Stuttgartensia). Here we find a footnote that reads:

"pc Mss Edd KAF-ALEF-RESH-VAV, 2Mss Edd KAF-RESH-VAV cf G(S)..."

To transalate this note into lay terms it says:

"A few manuscripts read KARU (KAF-ALEF-RESH-VAV) and two manuscripts
read KARU (KAF-RESH-VAV)and the Greek Septuagint has [pierced]"

In other words while MOST Masoretic Text manuscripts read KARI
("like a lion") SEVERAL read "they have pierced" (two possible
spellings) as does the Greek Septuagint.

The Greek Septuagint is a Greek translation of the Tanak that was
completed by about 200 to 160 BCE.

The Peshitta Aramaic Tanak also has "they have pierced" in this
passage. According to the Encyclopedia Judaica article on "Bible"
The Peshitta ARamaic was produced by Jews for Assyrian and Syrian
converts to Judaism in the first century BCE.

Now lets look at the oldest extant Hebrew copy of this Psalm which
was found among the Dead Sea Scrolls. If we look in THE DEAD SEA
SCROLLS BIBLE under Psalm 22 on pages 518-519 we read:

"They have pierced my hands and my feet."

We are directed to footnote 41 which says:

"5/6HevPs MT(mss) LXX. Like a lion are MT."

In layman's terms this note means:

In the Dead Sea Scroll manuscript designated "5/6HevPs", some
Masoretic Text manuscripts and the Septuagint the reading is "they
have pierced" while most Masoretic Text manuscripts read "like a
lion are".

A header above this section of Psalm 22 reads:

"Psalm 22 is a favorite among Christians since it is often linked in
the New Testament with the suffering and death of Jesus. A well-
known and controversial reading is found in verse 16, where the
Masoretic Text reads "Like a lion are my hands and feet," whereas
the Septuagint has "They have pierced my hands and feet." Among the
scrolls the reading in question is found only in the Psalms scroll
found at Nahal Hever (abreviated 5/6HevPs), which reads "They have
pierced my hands and my feet"!"

Moreover the grammar does not work for "like a lion" since the
phrase would lake a verb. Many insert additional words to MAKE the
text read "Like a lion [they are at] my hands and my feet". The
understood verb of being does not work here because "Like a lion are
my hand and my feet" makes about as much sense as "Like a pizza are
my hands and my feet".

OK lets review the facts:

1. Only the Masoretic Text (which originated in the 9th Century CE)
has "like a lion" and even then some copies have "they have pierced".

2. ALL other versions INCLUDING the Greek Septuagent and Aramaic
Peshitta Tanak read "they have pierced".

3. The error itself is an accidental scribal error and NOT an
intentional change.

4. By far the OLDEST Hebrew copy of the Psalm from the Dead Sea
Scrolls reads "they have pierced"

5. The reading "like a lion" does not fit the grammar.

6. Several copies and versions from BEFORE the life of Yeshua
have "they have pierced" and NO copy or version prior to the 9th
century CE has "like a lion."

THEREFORE:

Yes, so-called Anti-Missionaries including Singer have CLAIMED
that Christians altered this text so as to make it read "they have
pierced"... this is a SERIOUS accusation and the bottom line is that
they have LIED. The reading "they have pierced" existed BEFORE
Christianity existed, the cribal error in question was clearly NOT
intentiona land the textual evidence points STRONGLY to "they have
pierced" as the original reading.

The term “Masorah” refers to the marginal notes which were transmitted by the Masorites along with the Masoretic Text. The notes transmitted in the side margins are called the “Masorah Parva” or “Masorah Katonah”. The notes transmitted on the top and bottom margins are the “Masorah Magna” also known as “Masorah Gedolah”. Finally the notes transmitted at the end of the text are the Masorah Finalis.

Among the notes preserved in the Massorah Gedolah are those of the Tikkun Soferim (“Emendations of the Scribes”). Among the Tikkun Soferim are eighteen notations which indicate that the scribes, finding the original reading irreverent, emended the reading to one less offensive. Each of these eighteen readings are indicated with footnotes in the Hebraic Roots Version (see notes to Gen. 18:22; Num. 11:15; 12:12; 1Sam. 3:13; 2Sam. 16:12; 20:1; 1Kn. 12:16; Jer. 2:11; Ezek. 8:17; Hose 4:7; Hab. 1:12; Zech. 2:12; Mal. 1:13; Job 7:20; 32:3; Lam. 3:20 and 2Chron. 10:16). These footnotes also compare other textual readings from other witnesses such as the Dead Sea Scrolls, Samaritan Pentateuch, Septuagint, Peshitta Tanak and Targums to these readings.

The Massorah also notes 134 places where the Masoretic Text reads “Adonai” but which, according to the Masorah, originally read “YHWH”. In each of these locations the HRV has “YHWH” in the main text along with a footnote explaining that the Masoretic Text reads “Adonai” but that the Massorah indicates the original reading was “YHWH”. These footnotes also compare readings from other textual witnesses as to whether they support YHWH or Adonai in the reading in question.

There are also several places where the Masoretic Text reads “Elohim” but which the Massorah indicates the original reading was “YHWH”. In these verses the HRV has “ELOHIM” in all caps.

(For documentation regarding the Massorah and the Tikkun Soferim see: Old Testament Textual Criticism, a Practical Introduction by Ellis R. Brotzman pp. 54-55, 116-120; The Masorah of Biblia Hebraica Struttgartensia by Kelley, Mynatt and Crawford pp. 1-11, 23-28, 37-43, 191; The Tiqqune Sopherim by C. McCarthy; “Scribal Emendations” by E.J. Revell, Anchor Bible Dictionary; Introduction to the Massoretic-Critical Edition of the Hebrew Bible, by C. Ginsburg; pp. 347-363 & Chapter 3. Massorah Gedolah, Vol. 1 G.E. Weil, 1971. The Massorah, C. Ginsburg paragraphs 107-115.)

Jim Wright said:

Jim

" Hosea 2:11. I will also cause all her mirth to cease, her feast days, her New Moons, her Sabbaths all her appointed feasts. The "her" here is Israel. I read this as the Feasts and Sabbaths are SUSPENDED until the Return of Messiah."

the passage did not apply to the Jewish people {in Jerushalyim} but to the northern kingdom, {the kingdom of israel in the north} which (who was) heavily corrupted of idolatry and heinous sins, cf. v.1:2.

indeed this prophecy came true when the kingdom of israel (the north) was ended like a broken bow (v.1:5), their feasts (which often did not center in Jerushalyim), their new moons and Sabbaths did cease with them. however, these lost tribes ('lost sheep of the house of israel' according to the Messhiah, Mat.10:6) shall soon be gathered with us in the final days, in His glorious second coming as Messhiah ben Dovid, v.1:11, cf. Mat. 25:31; 16:27.

but NOT so with the Jews in the south, v.1:7, we continue in the faithfulness to G-d, for salvation is of us Jn.4:22. this means, the Jewish nation has always been a part of G-d's universal plan of bringing the whole creation back to Him Mat.3:1-3l.

"This is in conjuction with the absence of the Temple where the corresponding prescribed sacrifices even in sabbath are non-existent today."

"You fool... whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein; and he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of G-d, and by him that sitteth thereon." Mat.23:21-22.

it means that the commandments of G-d became effective even before the Temple rose in Jerushalyim, and the same commandments stand even after it fell to the romans in 70CE. bear in mind that not the Temple but Heaven and Earth are the sole witnesses for G-d's commandments, Mat 5:17-19.

enough of your hypocrisy.

"In other words although we keep tab of the appointed times or moedim, however we celebrate or memorialize the Feasts, they are not the biblical Feasts itself but made up human renditions.

tab? do you read your bible?

"if you have nothing to do, don't do it here."

"In my desire to keep Torah, I want to keep the Feasts. But how do we keep the Feasts according to Scripture without the sacrifices?"

tell me: how many sacrifices do you and your family need in order to celebrate a simple Shabbat?
or how many bulls do you need to sacrifice in order to build one simple sukkha?
a lazy man stays at home all day long, he cannot go to work in the field because he says 'there is a lion on the road', and he cannot bake a simple matzah because he says 'the rabbi is a thousand miles away', finally, he cannot fast in the Yom Kippurim because he says 'it is a bad omen to be hungry after the new year'.

"Today, most Messianics and Nazarenes are keeping the Feasts according to Pharisee/Rabbinate traditions and times."

and to which tradition do you want them to follow? the tradition of the catholic church?

"Although the Karaites try to use the harvest and moon times, they too do not have the proper sacrifices.

what are the requisites of your *proper sacrifice*? define.
"Now is it Torah faithful to sacrifce a lamb just like the very first Pesach before leaving Egypt?"

it is more accursed for you to insist on sacrifices at a time when G-d has withdrawn the temple from Jerushalyim. Mat.24:2

"Is it right in our own eyes to sacrifice outside a non-existent Temple?"

which among us here who has made such a sacrifice?

"When you made me notice the "her" and "my", are the "her" Israel's man-made feasts such as what the Rabbis and keeping today e.f. seders. Of "my" means the Feasts YHVH have written which is forever but we are unable to keep as exactly prescibed without the Temple?

it explains you know very little about the law. Roderick i advise you study more about Jewish matters before you open your mouth.

"The way we celebrte the Feasts, are they not also same as the man made Rabbinical liturgies? Right in our own eyes?"

"...All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do..." Mat.23:2. and don't tell me roderick that in this passages Yeshua' was talking about your bishops who know nothing about mosaic halachot.

Roderick Nepomuceno said:
So how did Daniel kept the Feasts? He prayed 3 times a day corresponding to the Temple sacrifices. A clue I got is this: Psalms 141

1. YHVH I cry out to You; Make haste to me! Give ear to my voice when I cry out to You.
2. Let my prayer be set before You as incense, The lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.

Now is it Torah faithful to sacrifce a lamb just like the very first Pesach before leaving Egypt? Consider:
Deut 12:
5. "But you shall seek the place where the Lord your God chooses, out of all your tribes, to put His name for His habitation; and there you shall go.
6. "There you shall take your burnt offerings, your sacrifices, your tithes, the heave offerings of your hand, your vowed offerings, your freewill offerings, and the firstlings of your herds and flocks.
7. "And there you shall eat before the Lord your God, and you shall rejoice in all to which you have put your hand, you and your households, in which the Lord your God has blessed you.
8. "You shall not at all do as we are doing here today every man doing whatever is right in his own eyes

Is it right in our own eyes to sacrifice outside a non-existent Temple?

When you made me notice the "her" and "my", are the "her" Israel's man-made feasts such as what the Rabbis and keeping today e.f. seders. Of "my" means the Feasts YHVH have written which is forever but we are unable to keep as exactly prescibed without the Temple?

The way we celebrte the Feasts, are they not also same as the man made Rabbinical liturgies? Right in our own eyes?
Beryl said: "the Jewish nation has always been a part of G-d's universal plan of bringing the whole creation back to Him Mat.3:1-3l."

Amen. He will not fail in His purpose.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service