Nazarene Space

A rabbi from the messianic Jewish movement made this statement in his promotion of his first part of a series he started in the congregation at the Rosh ha Shana celebration last night with:

em>On Erev Rosh Hashana we started a the new series called “Back to Basics” with the message “In The Beginning God.”  When it comes to the basics of faith the first question is “Who is God?” The Torah, The Prophets, The Writings and The New Testament all have the same message, there is only God who exists in three persons Father, Son & SpiritThis theology, called the “Trinity”, is both crucial and foundational in knowing who God says He is.  Rabbi Matt walks us through this important theology to kick off the new Jewish year of 5774!>

What you think about this? I have already responded to it , but I would like to hear how you would respond. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Views: 797

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

John 1:1-3 in Peshitta: 

1 bereşit aituhi hua melta ue hue melto aituhi hue lut Aloha ue Aloha aituhi hue hu melto;

IN the beginning himself was the Word,[Meltho.] and was the Word himself was with Aloha, and Aloha himself was with the Word.
2 hine aituhi hue bereşit lut Aloha;

Behold himself was in the beginning with Aloha.
3 kol va ide hue ue bledu hi aplo chade hut m’din d’hue;

Every by his hand was (existed); and without him also not one made from what was (existed).

P.S. Sorry I didint noted, a friend seen that at verse 2 the 1st word is "hina" = "he, him":

1 bereşit aituhi hua Melto ue hue Melto aituhi hue lut Aloha ue Aloha aituhi hue hu Melto;

IN the beginning himself was (existed) the Word,[Meltho.] and was the Word himself was with Aloha, and Aloha himself was with the Word.
2 hine aituhi hue bereşit lut Aloha;

He himself was (existed) in the beginning with Aloha.
3 kol va ide hue ue bledu hi aplo chade hut m’din d’hue;

Every by his hand was (existed); and without him also not one made from what was (existed).

the son of G-d is "Son of G-d" no more no less.

and Yeshua claimed no more no less of this.

the rest are personal estimates by theologians.

We seen about the unicity of Elohim and of his Son, how about the unicity of Ruah haKodesh ?

The Ruah haKodesh is the Conforter sent by the Father in the name of the Son, to you and also to me. How can the Conforter be unique if is received by more persons ?

The fundamental Jewish concept of one God is paramount to any doctrine of truth.

If the NT truly expressed the "trinity" doctrine, the Jewish writers would have gone 

out of their way to say so openly along with an appropriate theological explanation.

This "rabbis" teaching sounds like more Protestant Messianism. I would be most

curious to know if that congregation is supported by a Protestant organization. At

any rate, the "rabbi" in question would do well to obey his Master and not allow others

to call him Rabbi.

As a side note, my Hebrew NT records John 1:1 as "In the beginning

was the Word, and the Word was with God, and God was the Word.

Furthermore, I believe John wanted to avoid the possibility of others

taking verse 1 too far, so he recorded "The same was in the beginning

with God" in verse 2.

Aryeh,

It appears to me your understanding of "call no man rabbi" is misguided.  Think of these...

1) If that assumption is true, then perhaps no one should call their earthly father, father?

2) Why would His taught ones have kept calling Him that (..as a man and Eyn Sof simultaneously) (John 1:38;49, 3:2;26, 6;25) 

The context at Matt 5 is addressing calling someone Rabbi who has not earned that title.

Aryeh Benbinyamin said:

The fundamental Jewish concept of one God is paramount to any doctrine of truth.

If the NT truly expressed the "trinity" doctrine, the Jewish writers would have gone 

out of their way to say so openly along with an appropriate theological explanation.

curious to know if that congregation is supported by a Protestant organization. At

any rate, the "rabbi" in question would do well to obey his Master and not allow others

to call him Rabbi.

Personally, I take his Majesty at his word. I don't call anyone here on earth father and here in Israel,

many have addressed me as Rabbi and I immediately deny it and ask them not to do that.

"Let it be unto you according to your faith"

I "see" it the same as you so write ! thank you for sharing!
Aryeh Benbinyamin said:

to call him Rabbi.

No, Yeshua said, "Let no man call you Rabbi".

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service