Nazarene Space

There's a lot of buzz floating around these days on the issue of whether or not Yahshua was married or not. Most likely people claim He would have been married to Mary Magdalene, or Mariam of Magdala. I am just curious to get a group consensus on this one.

What do ya'll think?

Views: 509

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yisrael and Yahudah, which one was divorced and which was not?????

Shalom
Yahudah was never divorced

Shalom
J.Jury im with you on this one, can some one just answer the mans question ? Could HE have been married to a Female person? That truly is the question?
Israel was given a certificate of divorce in Jeremiah 3, exactly as was prophesied in the Torah, Deuteronomy 26-30. As far as I can tell, Judah was never given this certificate.

sevynn leverette said:
Yahudah was never divorced

Shalom
Right. I'm not asking if HE WAS... I'm asking if HE COULD HAVE BEEN.

GEORGE ELIADES said:
J.Jury im with you on this one, can some one just answer the mans question ? Could HE have been married to a Female person? That truly is the question?
Yeshua could never marry physically, no. Why? Because, he, like the angels in heaven, was preordained an immortal life.
Immortals do not marry, this is a biblical principle. There may not be a concrete explanation given for this, it simply is, that's the way God designed the world.

Enoch 15:3-7

Wherefore have ye left the high, holy, and eternal heaven, and lain with women, and defiled yourselves with the daughters of men and taken to yourselves wives, and done like the children 4 of earth, and begotten giants (as your) sons? And though ye were holy, spiritual, living the eternal life, you have defiled yourselves with the blood of women, and have begotten (children) with the blood of flesh, and, as the children of men, have lusted after flesh and blood as those also do who die 5 and perish. Therefore have I given them wives also that they might impregnate them, and beget 6 children by them, that thus nothing might be wanting to them on earth. But you were formerly 7 spiritual, living the eternal life, and immortal for all generations of the world. And therefore I have not appointed wives for you; for as for the spiritual ones of the heaven, in heaven is their dwelling.

The cycle of procreation, death, sin and forgivenness is ordained for those on earth - the immortals in the heavens are meant to be outside this curse, that primarily affected Adam and Eve's offspring, not the angels or immortals.
Are not humans immortal as well, and yet we die while on earth?

Was not Yahshua subject to this same cause-and-effect as well?

Christian said:
Yeshua could never marry physically, no. Why? Because, he, like the angels in heaven, was preordained an immortal life.
Immortals do not marry, this is a biblical principle. There may not be a concrete explanation given for this, it simply is, that's the way God designed the world.

Enoch 15:3-7

Wherefore have ye left the high, holy, and eternal heaven, and lain with women, and defiled yourselves with the daughters of men and taken to yourselves wives, and done like the children 4 of earth, and begotten giants (as your) sons? And though ye were holy, spiritual, living the eternal life, you have defiled yourselves with the blood of women, and have begotten (children) with the blood of flesh, and, as the children of men, have lusted after flesh and blood as those also do who die 5 and perish. Therefore have I given them wives also that they might impregnate them, and beget 6 children by them, that thus nothing might be wanting to them on earth. But you were formerly 7 spiritual, living the eternal life, and immortal for all generations of the world. And therefore I have not appointed wives for you; for as for the spiritual ones of the heaven, in heaven is their dwelling.

The cycle of procreation, death, sin and forgivenness is ordained for those on earth - the immortals in the heavens are meant to be outside this curse, that primarily affected Adam and Eve's offspring, not the angels or immortals.
No, YeweShua never sinned, so He was not subject to it, so He would have lived forever, He chose to lay down His life???

Shalom
"Are not humans immortal as well, and yet we die while on earth?

Was not Yahshua subject to this same cause-and-effect as well?
"

Really?
Are we humans immortal in the body?

Yeshua was immortal, even outside of his body - I don't think we are. Angels and humans can be destroyed. And resurrected out of nothing, as we were created out of nothing, and given bodies created out of earth, which was created out of nothing.

"But you were formerly spiritual, living the eternal life, and immortal for all generations of the world. And therefore I have not appointed wives for you; for as for the spiritual ones of the heaven, in heaven is their dwelling." (Enoch 15:6-7)

The qualifier "IN HEAVEN" may be significant as well - we have never been to heaven, whereas Yeshua was there, and would return to there after his mission on earth - where would his wife go meanwhile?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service