Nazarene Space

Question for discussion:

Why is the tribe of Dan excluded from the 144,000?

Views: 1468

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If Yeshua had "ordained" a "new priesthood" "during the last supper" he would have added to the Torah and the Torah (Deut. 13) would thus require us to reject him as a false prophet.

You shall not add to the word which I command you,
neither shall you diminish a thing from it,
that you may keep the commandments of YHWH your God which I command you.
(Deuteronomy 4:2)

Whatever thing I command you, observe to do it:
you shall not add thereto, nor diminish from it.
(Deuteronomy 13:1(12:32))

How can He add to the Torah when the Torah tells us to hear/obey what He says?   Moses tells us of the prophet like him.  

Deu_18:15 The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;
Deu_18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Act_3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
Act_7:37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.

And both Moses and the heavenly Father testify of Him.   The Father testifies and gives witness of Him twice.  One in the Jordan river and once in the Mt. of the Transfiguration.

Mat_3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Mat_17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
Mar_1:11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Mar_9:7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.
Luk_3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.
Luk_9:35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.
Luk_20:13 Then said the lord of the vineyard, What shall I do? I will send my beloved son: it may be they will reverence him when they see him.

There were kohens in the Torah way before the Golden Calf rebellion, and thus way before levites and aaaronic priests were ordained.

Exo_19:22  And let the priests (kohens) also, which come near to the LORD, sanctify themselves, lest the LORD break forth upon them. 

These kohens were distinct from Aaron

Exo 19:24  And the LORD said unto him, Away, get thee down, and thou shalt come up, thou, and Aaron with thee: but let not the priests (kohens) and the people break through to come up unto the LORD, lest he break forth upon them. 

Therefore in the restoration of all things (Acts 3:21) we go back to the state before the infamous Golden Calf rebellion.

Rabbi Trimm ... that is so deep and makes so much sense! You are right. Thank you!

I am confused that the original thread doesn't appear and we have gone off topic. What do you say concerning the tribe of Dan?
Here's a very short sample of various translations that I've checked:

Genesis 49:16 (KJ21) Dan shall judge his people, as one of the tribes of Israel.

Genesis 49:16 (ASV)  Dan shall judge his people, As one of the tribes of Israel.
Genesis 49:16 (AMP)  Dan shall judge his people as one of the tribes of Israel.
Genesis 49:16 (BRG)  Dan shall judge his people, as one of the tribes of Israel.
Genesis 49:16 (CEB)  Dan will settle disputes for his people,
        as one of Israel’s tribes.

• I don’t know what translations or versions others are using, but I find most of these translations to be consistent with the Hebrew as well

• My translation: Dan yaadim (he will judge) amow (his people) Kaachad (as one) shibtey (tribes) Yisrael (Israel).  

• I have not found any translation that turns this around backwards from what all of the others basically say. Our theology has to conform to the text, not vice versa.

• Unless someone has some historical evidence of the below passage already being fulfilled, it seems obvious that Dan and Ephraim have an important role and portion in the future.

Ezekiel 48:1-7

Now these are the names of the tribes. From the north end to the coast of the way of Hethlon, as one goeth to Hamath, Hazarenan, the border of Damascus northward, to the coast of Hamath; for these are his sides east and west; a portion for Dan. And by the border of Dan, from the east side unto the west side, a portion for Asher.And by the border of Asher, from the east side even unto the west side, a portion for Naphtali.And by the border of Naphtali, from the east side unto the west side, a portion for Manasseh.And by the border of Manasseh, from the east side unto the west side, a portion for Ephraim. And by the border of Ephraim, from the east side even unto the west side, a portion for Reuben. And by the border of Reuben, from the east side unto the west side, a portion for Judah.

Ezekiel 48:32

32 And at the east side four thousand and five hundred: and three gates; and one gate of Joseph, one gate of Benjamin, one gate of Dan.

• We also see in the above passage and many others how Joseph is often used interchangeably with Ephraim.

Zechariah 10:6-12

And I will strengthen the house of Judah, and I will save the house of Joseph, and I will bring them again to place them; for I have mercy upon them: and they shall be as though I had not cast them off: for I am the Lord their God, and will hear them. And they of Ephraim shall be like a mighty man, and their heart shall rejoice as through wine: yea, their children shall see it, and be glad; their heart shall rejoice in the Lord. I will hiss for them, and gather them; for I have redeemed them: and they shall increase as they have increased. And I will sow them among the people: and they shall remember me in far countries; and they shall live with their children, and turn again. 10 I will bring them again also out of the land of Egypt, and gather them out of Assyria; and I will bring them into the land of Gilead and Lebanon; and place shall not be found for them. 11 And he shall pass through the sea with affliction, and shall smite the waves in the sea, and all the deeps of the river shall dry up: and the pride of Assyria shall be brought down, and the sceptre of Egypt shall depart away. 12 And I will strengthen them in the Lord; and they shall walk up and down in his name, saith the Lord.

Numbers 1:10 Of the children of Joseph: of Ephraim; Elishama the son of Ammihud: of Manasseh; Gamaliel the son of Pedahzur.

Joshua 17:17

And Joshua spake unto the house of Joseph, even to Ephraim and to Manasseh, saying, Thou art a great people, and hast great power: thou shalt not have one lot only:

Psalm 78:67

Moreover he refused the tabernacle of Joseph, and chose not the tribe of Ephraim:

Numbers 1:32

Of the children of Joseph, namely, of the children of Ephraim, by their generations, after their families, by the house of their fathers, according to the number of the names, from twenty years old and upward, all that were able to go forth to war;

• Regarding  "antichrist": Does someone have a biblical definition of "antichrist" meaning a coming world leader? In John 1 and 2, the only places the term exists, it is never defined the way it is in typical eschatology. Neither do I find any biblical passage connecting the term with "little horn", "beast", etc.

We have to understand that none of us were born in a vacumn. We already come to the table with indoctrination. Unfornately, whether we are talking about the afterlife or eschatolgy, in most cases we have already inherited a prepackaged paradigm. In most cases, when these paradigms are tested with scripture, they simply do not hold water.

Hos_4:17  Ephraim is joined to idols: let him alone.
Hos_14:8  Ephraim shall say, What have I to do any more with idols? I have heard him, and observed him: I am like a green fir tree. From me is thy fruit found. 

Amo_8:14  They that swear by the sin of Samaria, and say, Thy god, O Dan, liveth; and, The manner of Beersheba liveth; even they shall fall, and never rise up again.

Evidently that people of Ephraim and Dan can repent but their tribal affiliation went south and most likely absorbed by other more faithful tribes.

Concerning additions to Torah re new priesthood in James Trimm, post....how come Isaiah 66 tells us of Hashem taking from among them for Levites and priests?   The Levites and priests are born in their office, they can't be just picked...thus something different is going on here

Isa 66:21  And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.

http://www.escapeallthesethings.com/tribe-of-dan-revelation.htm-tim mchyde has an interesting article on this subject that sounds very plausible-let me know what anyone out there thinks of this angle.

I suppose we all have different opinions. I spent 2 1/2 years studying the new world order, tracing it back to the Mysteries religion of Nimrod's Babylon through its symbology. The journey led me to the Tribe of Dan as the elites throughout Europe based upon Scripture and a book by a British nobleman, close to the royalty in the 1800s who also quoted the Tanakh.

Hebrew words have many different meanings and one can take one meaning or another to translate a verse to say what he wants. Dan being a judge of the other tribes makes no sense because Dan is the worst offender, causing his brethren to stumble by building pagan temples in their territory, inter-marrying with the people of Tyre, going off on ships when his countrymen needed his support, etc. Look at history - then choose the correct translation.

The fact is that at the most important time in human history, Dan is absent. This seems a judgment by the Most High in black and white. Whether or not the anti-Messiah comes from the Tribe of Dan is irrelevant because Dan is the people behind the Illuminati forcing the one world government upon humanity as foretold by the book of Revelation.

Read Fritz Springmeier's 500+ page book on the bloodlines and you will understand that, despite changing their names and religions, they are 'Hebrews' (by heritage only). I spoke with Fritz. He received much of the research from another who had spent a lifetime gathering it. The Rothschilds, the originating family of international bankers, were Hebrews, and involved in sorcery (satanists), involved in bringing the Illuminati into the fold of Freemasonry, and at the forefront of the globalist plans. It was the Rothschilds who purchased land in what Britain had named Palestine (late 1800s) and sought to force Israel back there through their Zionist organization through anti-semitism.

Eventually, we will know exactly why Dan is excluded. But, we are to watch the signs and they all point to the end of days fast approaching. Dan doesn't seem to be aligned with his brethren Hebrews, but aligned against them, as was always the case recorded In history. Could that be why Dan is excluded?

Revelation 7 has to be interpreted through the context of the weight of evidence in the rest of scripture. We can't just extract it from the rest of scripture and then interpret it through our prepackaged theological lens.

Maybe the passages from Ezekiel that I quoted went unnoticed. Based upon some of the comments that I've seen, what about these questions.

• Why do Dan and Ephraim both have a portion during the time of Ezekiel's temple?

• When do you think the time of Ezekiel's temple is, and how close is it to the time of Revelation 7?

• Based upon the scriptural definitions of the term "antichrist/antimessiah", is there any scriptural basis for connecting the word to a future world ruler?

• Are there any places in scripture where the article "the" appears with the word "antichrist?"

I have never found any verses refering to a "the antichrist" who will be a world ruler and make any peace treaties, etc.

• One who denies Y'shua is the Messiah.
  • One who denies he came in the flesh.
  • One who denies the Father and Son.
  • They went out from us that it might be known they were not of us.

If we merely consider the scripture uses of the term and extract all of the prior prophecy teachings that we have all heard, would we have arrived at the same scenarios?

It is very tempting to begin with a premise, (the rapture for example) and then read scripture and look for passages that will fit into that preordained paradigm. If we start with scripture rather than the prophetic premise, often things look very different. The theology should be tested by scripture, not scripture by a theology.

We have all heard various teachings about Dan's absence from Rev 7 and other subjects of prophecy. The teachings must be proved or disproved by scripture. We don't want to put our own tool to the altar. Every matter/belief must undergo the law of two or three witnesses and by the scripture established or put to death. Better be sure before giving Dan and Ephraim the death penalty.

On Dan. The opinions from multiple good and bad sources vary, and stand firmly mightly, and yet, Let me put in my 2 shekels. The name Dan might be out as the Judge of the Universe has had the penalty need requited . Maybe symbolic gesture?

It looks like some early christians held the view that the AC is from the seed and tribe of Dan.    

"The early Christian writer and poet, Ephraem the Syrian, (who lived from A.D. 306 to 373) was a major theologian of the early Byzantine Eastern Church.  
In Ephraem of Syria book, The Book of the Cave of Treasures, written about A. D. 373  in the section of his book dealing with the future of Gog and Magog, Ephraem wrote about the final (seventieth) week of Daniel as follows. "At the end of the world at the final consummation . . . suddenly the gates of the north shall be opened . . . . They will destroy the earth, and there will be none able to stand before them. After one week of that sore affliction (tribulation), they will all be destroyed in the plain of Joppa . . . . >>>>>>>>>>Then will the son of perdition appear, of the seed and of the tribe of Dan . . . . He will go into Jerusalem and will sit upon a throne in the Temple saying, 'I am the Christ,' and he will be borne aloft by legions of devils like a king and a lawgiver, naming himself God . . . . The time of the error of the Anti-Christ will last two years and a half, but others say three years and six months" (italics added).,"

Was it Hippolytus and/or Eusebius that believed the antichrist would be a Danite?

http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/

I also wonder what the names of the tribes are on the foundations of New Jerusalem.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service