Nazarene Space

The return of Israel to the Land will be in three waves:

The first wave is a partial return of the House of Judah described in Zeph. 2:1-3. Zephaniah contains a number of messages to various nations, as follows:

To Judah (1:4-2:3)
To Philistia (2:4-7)
To Moab and Ammon (2:8-11)
To Cush (Zeph. 2:12)
Ta Assyria (2:13-15)

Thus Zeph. 2:1-3 which describes Zionism and the first wave return deals with Judah.

The second wave is a partial return of the House of Israel:

even YHWH said unto me--backsliding Yisra’el has proved herself more righteous than treacherous Y’hudah
Return, O backsliding children, says YHWH; for I am a master unto you, and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Tziyon;
(Jer. 3:11, 14 HRV)

The qualifier “two of a family” distinguishes this return from the later, complete return of all Israel to the land.

The third wave is described in Deut 30:1-5 and Is 11:12 which are quoted in Mt. 24:31 & Mk 13:27 :

And he will send his angels with a shofar, and a great voice, that they may gather together his chosen from the four winds, from the heights of heaven to its extremities.(Mt. 24:31 HRV) If any of your that are dispersed be in the uttermost parts of heaven, from there will YHWH your Elohim gather you, and from there will He fetch you.(Deut. 30:4 HRV)
Then he will send his angels and gather his chosen from the four winds, from the furthest of the earth and up to the furthest of heaven.(Mk. 13:27 HRV) …and gather together the scattered of Y’hudah from the four corners of the earth. (Is. 11:12b HRV)Ho, ho, flee then from the land of the north, says YHWH; for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, says YHWH. (Zech. 2:6 (2:10 HRV))

It is clear that this regathering takes place at the return of Messiah. (See Mt. 24:30-31 & Mk 13:26-27). I am not way off on this, most commentaries agree.

Targum Jerusalem reads

...Though you may be dispersed unto the ends of the heavens,
from there the Word of the Lord will gather you together
by the hand of Elijah the great priest, and from there will he bring you
by the hand of King Messiah.
(Targ. Jerusalem Deut. 30:4)

[As you know the "Word" [Aramaic: Memra] is the Messiah] Rashi's commentary states that this means that each individual Jew will be forceably dragged to Israel by Messiah.

Views: 38

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service