Nazarene Space

Dan 7:25 And he shall speak [great] words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Do you think this means that the times and laws are changed by the evil one in the 3 1/2 years, or do you think the times and laws have already been changed by him and the 3 1/2 years are when his change is taken back from him and the times and laws restored?

Views: 337

Replies to This Discussion

I believe you have the right answer maybe I am wrong since I am fairly new to the faith, I think that the 1260years or 3 1/2 years is the right asnwer, but since my mother strayed from the path and raised me Catholic, I have come to believe maybe a Pope will be the anti-christ.

Paula McJunkin said:
Pearl asked, "Do you think this means that the times and laws are changed by the evil one in the 3 1/2 years, or do you think the times and laws have already been changed by him and the 3 1/2 years are when his change is taken back from him and the times and laws restored? "

A clue as to who the "beast" is, is the time period which G-d gave for its reign before it receives its "deadly wound". It would reign for 1260 years. Using the day for a year principle found in Ezekeil 4:6 and Numbers 14:34, we see that this power would rule for 1260 years before receiving its "deadly wound". When we look at the beast power, we see that this is exactly what has happened. For G-d to repeat this time period 7 times like this shows the importance which He places on it. The number seven has a spiritual meaning which is spiritual completeness or spiritual perfection. Scripture show that Christ referred to His words as spiritual.
The verses in sequence are...Rev. 11:2 and 13:5 describe this power as reigning for 42 months (42 months with 30 days to a month contain 1260 days.)...Daniel 7:25 and 12:7, and Rev. 12:14 describe the beast as reigning 3 1/2 "times", or years. ( 3 1/2 prophetic years also contain 1260 days.)...Rev. 11:3 and 12:6 describe this persecuting power as reigning 1260 days. All 7 texts describe this power as reigning 1260 prophetic days which is 1260 literal years.
From 538 A.D. the Papacy ruled for exactly 1260 years, until 1798 when the Pope was taken prisoner. Napoleon's general, Berthier, captured the Pope and took him to France. In 1929, the Italian government recognized Vatican City as an independent state. Once again, the Pope was king. The deadly wound was healed.

RSS

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service