The Ba`al Shem Tov said:
“When I weld my spirit to Elohim,
I let my mouth say what it will,
for then all my words are bound
to their root in Heaven”

Tongues and Interpretation of Tongues

By

James Scott Trimm

Man was created in the image of Elohim. One of the ways that man was created in the image of Elohim was in being “male and female” (Gen. 1:26-27). But there is also another way in which man was created in the image of Elohim.

In Gen. 9:6 we are told that killing a man is a sin because man is “in the image of Elohim”. The preceding verses (9:2-5) tell us that man may kill and eat animals. Since many animals are “male and female” there must be more to man being “in the image of Elohim” than his being “male and female”. What is it that distinguishes man from animals?

The element about man that makes man “in the image of Elohim” while animals are not “in the image of Elohim” is the gift of speech.

The first two verses of Book of Jasher read:

1:1 And Elohim said, let us make man in Our image, after Our likeness,
and Elohim created man in his own image.
1:2 And YHWH Elohim formed man from the ground,
and he blew into his nostrils the breath of life,
and man became a living soul, endowed with speech.
(Jasher 1:1-2)

Note that Jasher 1:1 parallels Gen. 1:26-27 and Jasher 2:7 parallels Gen. 2:7 but adds the phrase "endowed with speech".

Now Targum Jonathan to Genesis 1:26 has "And the Word of YHWH said, let us make man in Our image." And Targum Onkelos to Gen. 2:7 adds a phrase at the end "and man became a spirit with speech".

Thus it would appear that man's gift of speech is the difference between man and animals so that man is "in the image of Elohim" while animals are not. It should also be noted that man was GIFTED with speech, Adam did not have to learn speech.

Isaiah prophesied about the manifestation of tongues:

Paul quoted directly from this scripture while teaching the assembly at Corinth about the gift of tongues. (1 Cor 14:21-22).

The gift of the manifestation of tongues is well known in the Rabbinic literature. The Talmud and midrashim both speak of this gift.

The “tongues of fire” event of Acts chapter two was a repetition of an event that took place at the first Shavuot (Shavuot is the aniversary of the giving of the Torah at Mt. Sinai). According to the Midrashim when the Torah was given at Mount Sinai the Torah message was divided up into the seventy languages of the Gentiles:

"Elohim's voice, as it was uttered, split into seventy voices,
into seventy tongues [leshonot], so that all the nations should understand."
(Midrash from Exodus Rabbah 5:9)

The Midrash also describes this event in even more detail:

In the occasion of Matan Torah [the giving of the Torah], the Bnai Yisrael [children of Israel] not only heard Hashem's Voice but actually saw the sound waves as they emerged from Hashem's mouth. They visualized them as a fiery substance. Each commandment that left Hashem's mouth traveled around the entire Camp and then to each Jew individually, asking him, "Do you accept upon yourself this Commandment with all the halochot [Jewish law] pertaining to it?"
Every Jew answered "Yes" after each commandment. Finally, the fiery substance which they saw engraved itself on the luchot [tablets].
(The Midrash Says; Rabbi Moshe Weissman. Benei Yakov Publications (1980) p. 182)

Thus the gift of the Ruach HaKodesh and the manifestation of tongues in Acts chapter 2 was a repetition of the gift of Torah and the manifestation of tongues that took place then.

Moreover the Talmud tells us that Yosef (Joseph) the patriarch was also given the gift of “kinds of tongues”:

Rabbi Hiyya ben Abba said in the name of Rabbi Johanan: "At the moment when Pharaoh said to Joseph, And without thee shall no man lift up his hand, Pharaoh's astrologers exclaimed: 'Wilt thou set in power over us a slave whom his master bought for twenty pieces of silver!' He replied to them, 'discern in him royal characteristics.' They said to him, 'in that case he must be acquainted with the seventy languages.' Angel Gabriel came and taught [Joseph] the seventy languages, but he could not learn them. Thereupon [Gabriel] added to his name a letter from the Name of the Holy One, blessed be He, and he knew [the languages]..."
(b.Sotah 36b)

The same story appears in the Book of Jasher:

And the angel roused him from his sleep, and Joseph rose up and stood upon his legs, and behold the angel of the Lord was standing opposite to him; and the angel of the Lord spoke with Joseph, and he taught him all the languages of man in that night, and he called his name Jehoseph.
(Jasher 49:14)

The name Yosef is sometines spelled in the Tanak Yahusef. According to the Talmud the extra letter “H” (hey) from the name of YHWH was added to his name thus giving him the knowledge of the seventy languages which he had been unable to learn. It is significant that in Jewish tradition the first HEY in the name of YHWH represents the Ruach HaKodesh. Thus Yosef received the Ruach HaKodesh and the gift of tongues.

TZERUF: Permutations of Letters

Each of the twenty-two Hebrew letters represents one of twenty-two paths which connect the Sefirot of the Tree of Life. Each of these twenty-two letters represents a relationship between two of the Sefirot and a combination of two of the Sefirot. These twenty-two letters are part of the image of Elohim and they took part in the creation. Messiah said that he is the ALEF and the TAV. The ALEF and the TAV are the first and last letters of the Hebrew Alphabet and are intended as an abbreviation to indicate that Messiah the incarnate "Word" embodied the twenty-two letters. When Elohim created the heavens and the earth he did so through words. Elohim "said" things and they were so. Elohim created the universe
by his Word.

Each Hebrew word is more than a word, it is a matrix of dynamic relationships within the Godhead. Hebrew letters are also the building blocks of creation. In the upper worlds all things exist in their prime-material state as the strings of Hebrew letters and words which were the building blocks of creation. As we read in the Sefer Yetzirah:

Twenty-two Foundation letters: He engraved them,
He carved them, He permuted (TZIRUF) them,
He weighed them, He transformed them,
And with them, He depicted all that was formed
and all that would be formed.
(Sefer Yetzirah 2:2)

This brings us to what is called in Rabbinic Judaism "Khokhmat HaTziruf" (Wisdom of Permutation) or simply "Tziruf" (permutation). This practice utilizes the letters of the alphabet in various permutations. By immersing oneself in various permutations of letters and names one empties ones mind of the carnal thoughts that might interfere in focusing on the things of Elohim. Thus ones nefesh (soul), neshoma and ruach are freed from their natural constraints and opened to the influx of the Ruach HaKodesh. Through this process the believer is communing directly with the upper worlds and accessing the permutations of letters which are the creative substance of the universe, thus connecting with the worlds of formation and creation and the "Word", the ALEF and TAV through which all was created.

This practice is described in the Talmud:

Rab Judah said in the name of Rab: Bezalel knew how
to combine (TZIRUF) the letters by which the heavens
and earth were created. It is written here, And He hath filled
him with the spirit of God, in wisdom and in understanding,
and in knowledge (Ex. 35:31), and it is written elsewhere,
The Lord by wisdom founded the earth; by understanding
He established the heavens (Prov. 3:19), and it is also written,
By His knowledge the depths were broken up (Prov. 3:20).
(b.Ber. 55a)

And in the Zohar:

R. Eleazar began here with the verse, “Ask thee
a sign [Hebrew: OT “sign” or “letter”] of the Lord thy God,
ask it either in the depth or in the height above” (Isa. 7:11).
He said: ‘We have compared the former with the latter
generations, and found that the former were conversant with
a higher wisdom by which they knew how to combine (TZIRUF)
the letters that were given to Moses on Mount Sinai,
and even the sinners of Israel knew a deep wisdom
contained in the letters and the difference
between higher and lower letters,
and how to do things with them in this world.
For every letter that was transmitted to Moses used to
ascend as a crown upon the heads of the holy celestial Hayyoth,
who with them flitted through the ether which is
under the refined and unknowable supernal ether. There
were large letters and small letters; the large letters came
from the most high and hidden Temple (hekhal) and the
smaller letters from another lower Temple; and both kinds
were transmitted to Moses on Sinai, along with their
hidden combinations.
(Zohar 3:2a)

Tzeruf is comparable to "machine language" in computer programming.

The Hebrew word for "tongue" (LASHON) and the Hebrew word TZIRUF (permutation) have the same gematria (numerical value) (386) which is also the gematria for the word YESHUA.

It is the practice of Tziruf which Paul speaks of when he writes:

For he who speaks in a tongue
does not speak to the sons of men but to Eloah,
for no man understands a thing that he speaks;
yet in the spirit he speaks a mystery.
(1Cor. 14:2)

If I were to pray in a tongue, my spirit prays,
but my understanding is without fruit.
(1Cor. 14:14)

When man was created he was given the gift of speech that he might manifest the image of Elohim. Through the manifestation of the gift of tongues man is able to manifest the image of Elohim on an even deeper level.

The Ba`al Shem Tov said:
“When I weld my spirit to Elohim,
I let my mouth say what it will,
for then all my words are bound
to their root in Heaven”

Don’t forget to support this work with your contributions, tithes and offerings.
Through our free Bible Correspondence course and other free literature and Operation KIRUV we are reaching a lost world with Torah and Messiah. Through our blogs, literature and podcasts we are also feeding young believers milk and mature believers nice juicy steaks.

is this work worthy of your support? Ask yourself, have you learned anything from this ministry? If so then chip in and do your part to help spread this truth.

You make this work possible.

We must not neglect to provide the necessary funds to get out the true message of Torah and Messiah.

Stand up and support this work with your contributions, tithes and offerings. We are reaching a lost world with Torah and Messiah. Through our blogs, literature and podcasts we are also feeding young believers milk and mature believers nice juicy steaks.

You can donate by going to the pay-pal counter at http://www.nazarenespace.comor donations can be sent by paypal to donations@wnae.org.

Donations can also be made out to “Nazarene Judaism” and sent to:

Nazarene Judaism

PO Box 471

Hurst, TX 76053

James Trimm

Views: 737

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Ayina,

I just saw this question which you asked some six years ago :-)

I am not a popular tele-evangelist, but have been speaking in tongues for some 30 years (just as my wife).

It is indeed a language, but no-one understands it (exceptions confirm the rule - like in ACTS 2 where some understood the languages and others thought the talmidim were drunk).

Popular evangelist may misuse "speaking in tongues" at times, or it can also be a demonic counterfeit (but usually they will have received Ruach HaKodesh).

One can receive Ruach HaKodesh, and thus start speaking in tongues (as a manifestation of the Spirit), but nevertheless go wrong in other areas, e.g., not obeying the Torah. One doesn't automatically obey God when one is infilled with His Spirit, though this should follow sooner or later (I was physically circumcised the other day, and have been keeping Shabbat, dietary laws, feasts, wearing of tzitzis, etc. only during the last couple of years).

MK 16:17 is simply what every Nazarene experiences, or should experience - they speak in tongues. Building up the inner man happens while praying in the Spirit, i.e., while praying in tongues (I don't understand what I am praying, but I pray according to God's will when I pray in the Spirit - and it can become very intense, i.e., "groanings which cannot be uttered").

There's nothing weird about "tongues", only that it's been constantly demonized or marginalised (one can control the volume, the speed, but not the syllables themselves).

The main thing is that "speaking in tongues" as per ACTS 2:4 is NOT one of the nine gifts listed in 1 COR 12 and described in 1 COR 14. Rather, it is the manifestation of Ruach HaKodesh within "a house" (the believer), just like Ruach HaKodesh manifested herself in the literal house in ACTS 2:2-3.

It's the fulfillment of JER 31:31-33 which promises a B'rit Chadashah (Renewed Covenant), and God's Spirit and Torah put into a persons heart. It is synonomous with being born again of Spirit (JN 3:5), and being circumcised inwardly (ROM 2:28-29).

In other words, it's a matter of salvation - not about getting one of the nine spiritual gifts (the "gift of tongues" in 1 COR 12 + 14 - though related - is distinct from the manifestation of the Holy Spirit which we find throughout the Book of Acts).

Hope that makes sense - Shalom.

Jake 

PS: Attached a file I wrote in reply to a member of NazareneSpace on the topic of tongues

Ayina Qeren said:

That is my question also..  I am aware of actual languages they spoke by the Ruach. What about the kind that is spoken by popular televagelists? I have not seen that form demonstrated in the scriptures and Mark 16:17 and what Shaul says about tongues building up the self and praying utterings. How do we explain it?

Attachments:

Hi there,

Just to add that the majority of "mainstream Christianity" probably falls into this category: performing miracles, speaking in tongues, casting out demons, etc., and at the same time going to church on Sunday, and claiming that the law has been abolished, that they are not under law but under grace (I was one of them once).

The other extreme and false doctrine is to say, "people who speak in tongues reject the law" (or similar). The Ketuvim Netzarim show that all the Nazarenes "spoke in tongues", because they were all saved and born-again. And there's obviously nothing wrong with the miracles which Paul, Peter, et al. performed.

Just to get a bit of a balance here.

Shalom,

Jake

James Trimm said:

Ayina,

Lets not forget the "other Yeshua" also has an "other Spirit" (2Cor. 11:4) and even if a person can perform signs, wonders and miracles and prophecies that are fulfilled, if they teach against Torah they are false prophets (Deut. 13).

Also, - obeying Torah alone will save nobody (one's dead human spirit needs to be born-again in order to be saved, JN 3:5).

You obey Torah because you are saved, not in order to be saved (the fact, that tongue-speaking workers of lawlessness won't likely be saved, is another matter).

Israel was FIRST saved out of Egypt, and THEN received the Torah, i.e., the instructions how to lead a godly life (but not how to get saved - that happend beforehand at the Red Sea = water & fire baptism).

Hi Ayina,

Just to add to what James has written.

There were several Assyrian incursions and deportations of the Northern Kingdom (Ephraim). Even before being in exile, the Israelites were gradually exposed to the enemy's strange and stammering tongue (which they didn't understand). However, despite the increasing danger and prospect to land in captivity like those who had been carried away already, they would NOT repent.

That is what Isaiah was referring to, and which Paul picked up in the Ketuvim Netzarim. It's the exactly the situation we have today:

Though people hear others speaking in strange tongues, i.e., in languages they don't understand, - despite this, they don't acknowledge it as a sign of God. They don't repent, but some even slander it, ridicule it, and reject this manifestation of Ruach HaKodesh.

As to 1 COR 12: all of those verses refer to "the gift of tongues", which is one of the nine spiritual gifts.

When the talmidim received "the gift of the Holy Spirit" in ACTS 2:4, they did NOT receive "the gift of tongues" as listed in 1 COR 12 - they received the Holy Spirit himself (herself / itself).

I have been to hundreds of meetings where the spiritual gifts were operated, i.e., 2-3 tongues with interpretations, and 2-3 prophecies. Not everyone will operate the gift of tongues, only 2-3 people out of, say, two hundred in a meeting (for example).

Not every believer will be endowed with all 9 spiritual gifts; this all depends on their maturity. Also, - the gifts are not constantly manifested, but are often activated for a certain situation if necessary (e.g. one may suddenly have "the gift of knowledge" and knows inwardly what will happen a minute later - but this gift is not constantly in use).

The "gift of tongues" as mentioned in 1 COR 12 and further described in 1 COR 14, is distinct from "speaking in tongues" as seen in ACTS (though it is a basic gift and related to it).

I don't speak Aramaic (a wee bit of Hebrew though), but I checked the Peshitta once:

ACTS 2:4, ACTS 10:46, and ACTS 19:6 always translate "speaking with tongues" thus:

בלשן לשן

= "beleshan leshan" (leshan = tongue), an expression which is never used in 1 COR 12 or 1 COR 14 (because the evidence of rebirth is NOT identical with the spiritual "gift of tongues").

I don't quite understand your last paragraph:

"Speaking in tongues" as shown in ACTS is synonomous with "praying in tongues", "praying in the Holy Ghost", or "praying in the Spirit". I don't pray to man, but to God. He understands 'my strange language', because He gave it to me. "Praying in/with the spirit" is the same as "praying in/with the Spirit", because God's Spirit as well as my human spirit is involved.

Sometimes when spirit-filled people pray together at international conventions, it can happen that someone suddenly says, "Oh, I understand what that person is praying" (like in ACTS 2), but this is fairly rare. I have prayed together with others obviously, and sometimes there was a person whose tongue sounded like old French - but as said, usually only God understands these languages. 

Hope that helps; attached is a file on tongues which makes the difference hopefully clear.

Shalom,

Jake

Ayina Qeren said:

Todah James!

My last question is how do we look at:

Isa 28:11  For with a jabbering lip and a foreign tongue He speaks to this people, 

(How do we interpret in Hebrew thinking "Jabbering lip?"  because I see people take this verse as two kinds of tongues... one for speaking a foreign tongue and the other as the televangelistic type. I call it that because I don't know the term for that type of tongue.) There are some who are of Torah who believe in the "Jabbering lip." And it seems that this is used as "evidence" for beign baptized in the Spirit.  

However I run across:

1Co 12:28 And Elohim has appointed these in the assembly: firstly emissaries, secondly prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, ministrations, kinds of tongues.
1Co 12:29 Are all emissaries? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles?
1Co 12:30 Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret?
1Co 12:31 But earnestly seek the better gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way.

Which clearly states...not everyone will have tongues.  

Some teachers make it seem like if one does not speak tongues, which seems to be the only gift that is upheld---that somehow one is lacking in the Spirit.  But that same person may prophesy, which still includes the Ruach (assuming a Torah oriented person.)

Lastly:

1Co 14:2 For he who is speaking in a tongue does not speak to men but to Elohim, for no one understands, but in the Spirit he speaks secrets.

1Co 14:4 He who is speaking in a tongue builds up himself, but he who is prophesying builds up the assembly.
1Co 14:5 Now I wish you all spoke with tongues, but rather that you might prophesy, for he who is prophesying is greater than he who is speaking with tongues, unless he interprets, so that the assembly might receive upbuilding.
1Co 14:6 But now, brothers, if I come to you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you unless I speak to you, either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by teaching?

1Co 14:13 Therefore, he who is speaking in a tongue, let him pray that he might interpret.
1Co 14:14 For if I am praying in a tongue, my spirit is praying, but my understanding is without fruit.

***(This above passage throws me off because if tongues were to be used for people--then why the building up of self? why does no one understand but Elohim in vs 2? )

Rom 8:25 And if we expect what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with endurance.
Rom 8:26 And in the same way the Spirit does help in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray, but the Spirit Himself pleads our case for us with groanings unutterable.

(The underlined is also used to indicate a blabbering style tongue.)

Here is the reflection of Isaiah 28:11-- 

1Co 14:21 In the Torah it has been written, “With men of other tongues and other lips I shall speak to this people. And even so, they shall not hear Me, says יהוה.”

I am just weighing things out....I lean towards Tongues being actual languages being spoken that one has not learned.

Thank you for your response!!

Ayina

James Trimm said:

Ayina,

Lets not forget the "other Yeshua" also has an "other Spirit" (2Cor. 11:4) and even if a person can perform signs, wonders and miracles and prophecies that are fulfilled, if they teach against Torah they are false prophets (Deut. 13).

Attachments:

Aynia, the main thing to keep in mind is that tongues is only one gift and that all will not have it. And if you desire a gift that you do not have already then seek the ones that will benifit the whole of the body first and then perhaps those that benifit only oneself.

And the gift of tongues is not exclussive evidence of one having been saved, as stated by Shaul not all will have that gift and yet they two have the Concecrated Spirit dwelling whithin them. It is hogwash to say that all people that have the Cocicrated Spirit dwelling within themselve will speak in the jibbering tongue! But again some will and some will not. And the jibbering tongue only builds the one speaking it and that not of themselve but of the Concecrated Spirit alone.

And yes it is nice to be built up but speaking in a jibbering tongue is not the only way to get built up as hearing others prophecying, encoraging, exorting, and teaching, and rebuking will build us up as well, and in a way that is understandable.

So seek gifts that build the Body of Messiah first and then after having done such you can desire other gifts as well. But never doubt your salvation because some misguide person said you can not be saved unlessw you speak in tongues.

And last but not least do not look onto other that speak in the jibbering tongue as one doing a heriticle thing as their is such a gift, but I would be warry if I was at a place where every body was jibbering in public as the Scripture says to do such in a closet. And whereby I take this moment to exhort people with the gift of the jibbering tongue to do so not in public as it doent build the Body of Messiah, yet causes only confussion. Hence this disscussion was formed to try and unconfuse people that where being confused due to the miss-use of the gift of the jabbering tongue, compounded by the flase teaching that you can not have the Concecrated Spirit unless you speak in the jibbering tongue because if you have the Concecrted Spirit you will manifest the gift of the jibbering tongue. And again to such I say hogwash. 

That the devil uses unregenerate, but otherwise lovely people to attack/blaspheme the gift of the Holy Ghost is nothing new (the adversary is not particularly fond of salvation, so he does everything to convince people "not to worry about tongues").

There's no need to worry about Shavuot in 31 AD when the Holy Spirit was poured out in fulfilment of JEREMIAH 31:31-33 and countless other Tanakh verses. After all it's only the "B'rit Chadashah" or the "Renewed Covenant" between YHWH and lost mankind which on that day came into force, starting with 120 representatives of the 12 Tribes. There lies no significance in the fact that it happened 50 days after Pesach, just like the Torah was given 50 days after Pesach, and it's also not important that on that day for the first time in the history of mankind the power to obey the Torah was given, and the law was written into people's hearts through God's Spirit (and this has definitely nothing to do with the "circumcision of the heart through the Spirit" like cutting a covenant as per ROM 2:29). 

Of course, there is also no connection between God's Spirit manifesting herself in tongues after having filled "the house" (ACTS 2:2-3), and God's Spirit manifesting herself in tongues after having filled "the house", i.e., after having filled "the temple" or body of a person. Ruach HaKodesh could have filled the house in Jerusalem also without manifesting fiery tongues - it didn't mean anything, it was just coincedence (the house could have also been filled with the "gift of faith", just 1 out of 9 spiritual gifts which not everyone needs to have anyway). In the same way Ruach HaKodesh can fill a person without the manifestation of tongues, that's perfectly fine, not to worry...

Neither is there any need to pay any attention to the fact that out of 120 talmidim not 3, 17, or 59 started to speak in tongues the moment they received Ruach HaKodesh, but 120. Nor does it mean anything for us today that 3,000 more got saved on the same day according to the same pattern, which is: a) repent b) get baptized c) receive Ruach HaKodesh. That we find references to the infilling of Ruach HaKodesh throughout the epistles can also be ignored, and to find an encouragement to "pray in the Holy Ghost" in a letter which was sent to all messianic communities doesn't mean anything either - at least it cannot possibly mean that every Nazarene was able to pray in the Spirit, i.e., to pray in tongues, because that could mean that they had something we don't have - and we don't like that.

We should also pay no attention to the fact that anyone, Jew or Gentile, throughout the Book of Acts which spans some 30 years, started to speak in tongues the moment they received God's Spirit. There is also no need to worry about the warning that unless we are reborn, we won't be saved (JN 3:5), and that this rebirth could maybe refer to our dead human spirits which we have inherited from Adam, should also not worry us.    

The Nazarenes were not attacked because they kept the Torah (as some well-meaning Christians attack "legalists" today), but because they followed Yeshua, the Anointed One, and because they themselves were anointed (and they rejected Torah-violating traditions of course). That's why they were hated, cursed, and mocked as Mashiachim, viz. "the idiots who think they are anointed, just like that false prophet Yeshua who has bewitched them."

Why did Paul, Peter, Stephen, Barnabas, Philip, and all the other apostles turn the world upside down? How come they were able to heal the sick, to cast out demons, and to raise the dead? Because they were such nice guys, believed in Yeshua HaMashiach, and kept Shabbat? Well, no, but because they had received the Power of the Holy Ghost to do so, just as promised in the Tanakh (ISA 28:11-12), and as witnessed in the very beginning in Jerusalem in ACTS 2:4 - evidenced through the audible and visible sign of speaking in tongues. 

By the way, how come they spoke in tongues in public throughout ACTS, though 1 COR 14 portrays a non-public gathering? Were they already at that time violating instructions which Paul would issue only years later? Or did Paul simply take the liberty to change a few things with regard to the operation of tongues? And how come that in ACTS not only a few people, or 2-3 people spoke in tongues, but 120, and then 3,000, and then all who received the Holy Ghost as per ACTS 2:4, ACTS 2:33, ACTS 2:38, ACTS 8:17-18, ACTS 10:44-47, and ACTS 19:6? Also, how come that in ACTS 2:6-12 some of the passers-by understood their own languages, though 1 COR 14:2 says that no-one understands tongues (besides God)? 

Could it be that there's a difference between what we read in ACTS, and the gift of tongues as listed and described in 1 COR 12 & 14? Only an incredibly proud, willingly or unwillingly ignorant, or outright dumb person won't realize that this is exactly the case.  

The tongues in ACTS evidence the rebirth of the human spirit (heart). God puts His Spirit into a person's dead, stony, and sinful heart, and thus revives it. He quickens the spirit and takes away the foreskin of the heart, i.e., the veil (which is why someone who has received Ruach HaKodesh suddenly understands the Scriptures much better). 

I am not saying that if you don't speak in tongues, then you haven't received God's Spirit. E.g., after my wife's repentance and baptism she suddenly understood verses which she had always found difficult. She wasn't speaking in tongues at that point, but here eyes had already lit up and the Bible didn't seem to be a closed book anymore (she started speaking in tongues a few hours later). 

Thus, you may have received the Holy Ghost, and may be indeed born again already - it's simply that the manifestation of tongues hasn't occured yet (for one or the other reason). 

In my former congregation we were about 600 people and all spoke in tongues, that was just normal for someone being born again. Everyone was shown the respective verses in ACTS, and everyone was told what would happen after they had repented & were fully immersed in water (one can also get baptized after the infilling of the Holy Ghost, both ways are shown in ACTS).

If someone is convinced that they have been born again and filled with "the Fire of the Holy Ghost" (MT 3:11), but they don't manifest what the Nazarenes manifested in ACTS, i.e.: TONGUES, - then that person is deceived (voluntarily or unvoluntarily) and should better get the finger out, put aside any pride or childish jealousy, humble themselves, and ask YHWH to give them His Spirit before they die.

The lovely "Don't worry about your salvation" is straight from the pits of hell. How do you suppose to escape hell? By admitting that Yeshua is HaMashiach, keeping Shabbat, skipping the ham sandwich, and wearing the right tzitzits with the right blue? Are you kidding me? I wear tzitzis, by the way, but no ungenerate person, no flesh will ever enter the Kingdom of God.

I cannot understand how anyone who is serious about restoring the Nazarene faith can take the above lightly, and wink at it with the stupid, stereotype, self-assuring, context-ignoring excuse of "1 COR 12:30 shows that not all spoke in tongues."

On the other hand, Scripture prophesied that the sign of tongues would be rejected by man (ISA 28:11-12), and that few would be saved - so why should we be surprised.

Attached are a few more remarks about the topic (slightly modified compared to previous versions).undefinedSome%20Remarks%20on%20Tongues.pdf

Oy vey.  I hear the clang, clang, clanging of a spirit void of love. Wherefore art thou Spirit of Love?

I say again that not every man, woman, or child that is saved and has the Spirit of Elohim dwelling withinn them will speak with the gift of tongues or have the Spirit of Elohim jabbering in an unknown tongue through them.

For one who has the Spirit of Elohim jabbering through them to say to one who has the gift of wisdom and knowledge that they are not part of The Body of Messiah because they have not The Spirit of Elohim jibberring through them is hogwash, just as if one who has the gift of knowledge and wisdom shouldn't say to one who has the gift of tongues or the manifestation of the Spirit jibbering through them that they are not a part of The Body of The Messiah either!

And if one thinks that if another does not believe that all spoke in tongue that that makes them stupid, stereotype, self-assuring, context-ignoring excuse of a person then perhaps they themselves should try and keep things in context and actually read the whole of Scritures before conjuring up doctrines that are not there. The following Scripture is clear as a bell that has love and can not be denied to those that have ears to hear.

I Corinthians 

CHAPTER 12
1 Now concerning spiritual [things], my brothers, I want you to know,
2 That you were pagans, and were led to idols that have no distinct voice.
3 Because of this, I make known to you, that there is no one who speaks by the Spirit of
Eloah and says that Yeshua is accursed: and neither is a man able to say that YHWH is
Yeshua, except by the Ruach HaKodesh.
4 And there are distributions of gifts, but the Spirit is one.
5 And there are distributions of services, but YHWH is one.
6 And there are distributions of powers but Eloah is one who works all in every man.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit, is given to each man, as it is profitable for him.
8 There is a word of wisdom that is given for one, by the Spirit, and for another, a word
of knowledge by the same Spirit:
9 For another has Trust by the same Spirit, for another, gifts of healing by the same
Spirit,
10 And for another, power, and for another, prophecy, and for another, discerning
of the Spirit, and for another, kinds of tongues, and for another, the interpretation
of tongues.
11 Now all these [things], the same Spirit works and distributes to every man as He wills.
12 For as the body is one, and there are in it many members, and all the members of the
body, though they are many, are one body: so also the Messiah.
13 For all of us also, are baptized by one Spirit, into one body, whether Jew or Aramaean,
whether slave or son of freedom: and all of us drank of one Spirit.
14 For indeed, the body [is] not one member, but many.
15 For if the foot should say, Because I am not the hand, I am not a part of the body:
because of this, is it not a part of the body?
16 And if the ear should say, Because I am not the eye, I am not a part of the body:
because of this, is it not a part of the body?
17 For if all the body were an eye, where would be the hearing? And if all of it were
hearing, where would be the smelling?
18 But now, Eloah has placed every man of the members, in the body as He willed.
19 Now if they were all one member, where would be the body?
20 But now there are many members, but one body.
21 The eye is not able to say to the hand, You are not needed to me: nor is the head able
to say to the feet, You are not needed to me.
22 But rather those members that are supposed to be weak, on account of them is a
necessity.
23 And those that we think are despised in the body, to those we increase more honor:
and those that are modest, we make for them more fashion.
24 And those members that are in us that are honored, do not require honor: for Eloah has
tempered the body, and given more honor to the member that is least,

25 That there should not be division in the body, but [that] all the members equally would
care one for another,
26 So that whenever one member hurts, all of them suffer, and if one member is praised,
all members are praised.
27 Now you are the body of the Messiah, and members in your place.
28 For Eloah placed in His assembly first, emissaries; after them prophets, after them
teachers, after them workers of power, after them gifts of healing, and helpers, and
leaders, and kinds of tongues.
29 [Are] all Emissaries? [Are] all prophets? [Are] all teachers? [Are] all doers of
power?
30 Do all have gifts of healing? [Do] all speak in tongues? Or [do] all interpret?
31 Now, if you are zealous about the greater gifts, I will also show you a way that is
better.

CHAPTER 13

1 If I would speak in every tongue of the sons of men, and with [tongues] of angels, and
not have love in me: I have become brass that sounds, or a cymbal that gives out noise.
2 And if I would have prophecy, and I would know all mysteries, and all knowledge, and
if I would have all Trust so that I might move a mountain, and I do not have love: I am
not a thing.
3 And if I would feed the poor all that I have, and if I would deliver my body to be
burned, and I do not have love: I do not profit a thing.
4 Love is longsuffering and kind, love does not envy, love is not ruffled, nor puffed up,
5 And does not do that which is shameful, and does not seek its own, and is not enraged,
and does not think that which is evil,
6 Does not rejoice in iniquity but rejoices in truth,
7 Endures everything, believes everything, hopes all; bears all.
8 Love never fails. For prophecies will cease, and tongues will be silent, and knowledge
will cease:
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10 Now when that which is complete comes, then that which is partial, will cease.
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, and I thought as a child, and I reasoned as a
child: but when I became a man, I ceased these [things] of youth.
12 Now as in a mirror, we see in a parable: but then face-to-face. Now I know in part,
but then, I will know, as I am known.
13 For there are these three that abide: trust, and hope, and love. But that which is the
greatest of these, [is] love.

CHAPTER 14
1 Pursue love. And be zealous about the gifts of the Spirit, but especially of prophecy.
2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to sons of men, but to Eloah, for no man
understands a thing that he speaks. Yet in the Spirit, he speaks a mystery.
3 But he who prophesies, speaks to sons of men edification, and encouragement, and
comfort.
4 He who speaks in a tongue edifies his nefesh, and he who prophesies edifies the
assembly.
5 Now I desire that all of you speak in tongues, and especially, that you prophesy: for
greater is he who prophesies, than he who speaks in a tongue, unless he interprets. But if
he interprets, he edifies the assembly.
6 And now, my brothers, if I come to you and speak with you in tongues, what do I
profit you, except I speak with you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by
prophecy, or by teaching?
7 For even those things that have no life and give out sound, whether pipe or harp: if
they do not make a distinction between one tone and the other, how is the thing that is
sung, or the thing that is harped, known?
8 And if the horn should sound a sound that is not distinct, who will prepare himself for
battle?
9 Likewise also, if you speak a message in a tongue and it is not interpreted, how is the
thing that you spoke known? You have become as though you are speaking into the air.
10 For behold, there are many kinds of tongues in the world, and there is not one from
them, without meaning.
11 But if I do not know the significance of the sound, I will be a barbarian to that one
who speaks, and also he who speaks, will be a barbarian to me.
12 Likewise also, because you are zealous of the gifts of the Spirit, seek to excel to the
edification of the assembly.
13 And he who speaks in a tongue, should pray to interpret:
14 For if I were to pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is without
fruit.
15 What then should I do? I will pray in my spirit, and I will pray also in my
understanding: and I will sing with my spirit, and I will sing also with my understanding.
16 Otherwise, whether you bless in the spirit, how will he who occupies the place of the
unlearned, say amen at your thanks, because he does not know what you said.
17 For you bless well, but your friend is not edified.
18 I thank Eloah that I speak in tongues more than all of you:
19 But in the assembly, I would that I might speak five words with my understanding,
that also I might teach others, rather than a myriad of words in a tongue.
20 My brothers, do not err in your minds. But be children to evil [things], and be mature
in your minds.
21 In the Torah it is written, With a strange speech and with another tongue I will
speak with this people. Even so, they will not hear Me, says YHWH.
22 Therefore, tongues are placed for a sign: not to believers, but to those who do not
believe. And prophecies are not to those who do not believe, but to those who believe.

23 If therefore, all the assembly is gathered and all speak in tongues, and unlearned ones
or those who do not believe, should enter: will they not say that these are mad?
24 And if all of you prophesy, and an unlearned one should enter, or one who does not
believe, he is examined by all of you, and reproved by all of you,
25 And the hidden [things] of his heart will be revealed. And then he will fall upon his
face, and will worship Eloah, and say, Truly Eloah is with you.
26 I say therefore, my brothers, that whenever you are gathered, let the one among you
who has a psalm, speak. And whoever has a teaching, and whoever has a revelation, and
whoever has a tongue and whoever has an interpretation, let all of them be for edification.
27 And if a man should speak in a tongue, let two speak, and at the most three. And let
them speak one by one, and let that one interpret.
28 And if he is not one to interpret, let him who speaks in a tongue keep silent in the
assembly. And in the midst of these, let him speak to his nefesh, and to Eloah.
29 And let the prophets speak, two or three, and let the rest discern.
30 And if [something] is revealed to another while he sits, let the first be silent:
31 For all of you can prophesy one by one, so that every man may learn, and every man
may be comforted.
32 For the spirit of the prophets is subject to the prophets:
33 Because Eloah is not of confusion, but of shalom, as in all the assemblies of the Set-
Apart-Ones.
34 Let your wives be silent in the assembly: for they are not allowed to speak, but [are] to
be subject, as even the Torah says.
35 And if they want to learn a thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a
shame that wives should speak in the assembly.
36 Did the Word of Eloah go out from you, or did it arrive for you alone? Now if
someone from you, thinks that he is a prophet, or that he is spiritual, let him acknowledge
these [things] that I write to you; that they are commandments of our Adon.
38 Now if a man does not know, let him not know.
39 Therefore, my brothers, earnestly desire to prophesy and to speak in tongues; do not
hold back:
40 And let everything be [done] with decency and order.

So again I say that if Shaul said to not have every body speaking in tongues all at once and especially without interpretation then I say if I go into an Assembly where every body is exercising the jibbering tongue all at once I would be warry of such spirits that would do such because Shaul said that Elohim is not the author of confusion and that each person has control over their spiritual gift and should not just run rampet with such but be of control over their spiritual gifts. And Shaul said that if a man thinks that he is spiritual then let him understand that what paul said is commandment of Elohim. Thereby if one thinks everybody should speak in tongue all at once that person has been deceive of the evil one. No not I but Elohim through Shaul said so. So many people need to mature, and stop being childish, and get their spiritual gifts under control, lest there be the confussion going on today as to why this blog was posted in the first place. Not every body that is saved and has The Spirit of Elohim dwelling within them will have the gift of tongues. Most will have other gifts. Can I get an Awmain? Or not.

As said before: 1 COR 12-14 refers to the gift of tongues, ACTS doesn't.

Do you think the 120 disciples talked to each other about which of the 9 gifts they would like to have? Some 20 years before Paul wrote 1 Corinthians? They had never heard of the spiritual gifts! Do you think Peter said:

"Guys, listen up: Yeshua said we should wait here in Jerusalem for the baptism of the Holy Ghost. Now, an angel showed me last night that there are 9 gifts of the Spirit, and personally I'd love to have the gift of tongues. The angel also said that I should rather pursue love, and if I am really zealous for spiritual gifts, then I should rather go for prophecy because that would edify everyone. But by nature I am a bit selfish and would really prefer to have the gift of tongues in order to edify my own nefesh (the angel also said we should keep silent if we can't interpret it, but I think we can ignore this). Now, I don't think we should be in disunity here. Is it ok with you if we all strive for the gift of tongues?" Then the other 119 disciples replied: "Deal! We are also keen to have that particular gift, the gift of tongues." And then on Shavuot they all received the gift of tongues because they had been so zealous for it (the selfish bastards). 

Something along those lines one is forced to believe if one doesn't want to see the difference between the gift of tongues as described in 1 COR 12-14 and the initial evidence of rebirth as described in ACTS (both of which are related but clearly distinct from each other).

Anyway, you seem to have made up your mind, so let's leave it at that.

Hi James, 

Could you please answer my question whether you speak in tongues or not. 

All of the Nazarenes spoke in tongues (which is not "the gift of tongues"), and so I think this is a legitimate question.

Thanks for a brief reply. 

Jake

Still with an attitude eh?

First I would like to mention, 

"All truth passes through three stages.  

First, it is ridiculed,
second it is violently opposed,
and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

"A truth's initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed.  When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker, a raving lunatic."  --  Dresden James

When a man or woman is honestly mistaken and hears the truth,
they will either quit being mistaken, or they will cease to be honest.

The TRUTH is stranger than fiction
only because we have been indoctrinated with a lie.

Secondly,

{2 Timotheos 2:15}
Make every effort to Study diligently thine own self,

acceptable - being ready at hand before Elohim,

a teacher that needs not to be ashamed,

preaching correctly the Word; the Truth.

{Colossians 2: 8}
See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which
depends on human traditions and the basic principles of this world [that of HaSawtawn] ,
rather than in The Anointed One.

{Ephesians 5:11}
Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather EXPOSE them.

{2 Timotheos 4:1-5}
In the sight of Ailoheem and the Master Yehoshua The Anointed One, who shall judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His reign, I earnestly charge you:
Proclaim the Word! Be urgent in season, out of season. Reprove[1], warn, appeal,
with all patience and teaching. [Footnote: [1] Or: confute, or prove them wrong.]
For there shall be a time when they shall not bear sound teaching,
but according to their own desires,
they shall heap up for themselves teachers tickling the ear[1],
[Footnote: [1] Isa. 30:10, Jer. 5:31, Rom. 16:18.]
and they shall indeed turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to myths.
But you be sober in all matters, suffer hardships, do the work of an evangelist, accomplish your service completely.

Colossians 2: 8
See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which
depends on human traditions and the basic principles of this world [that of Sawtawn] ,
rather than in the Moshiach.
Ephesians 5:11
Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather EXPOSE them.

Hebrews 5:12-14

For you owe it to be teachers, because of the time for which you have been in the teaching, but now you need to return to the teaching of the former Scriptures, of the beginning matters of Ailoah, and are in need concerning milk, and not concerning steadfast provision. Yet every man whose food is milk, he is not convicted in matters of uprightness, because he is a child. But for the mature ones is steadfast provision, who have trained, exercising their awareness, to distinguish good and evil.

Must STUDY The Word of YHWH

May YHWH Eloheem bless His people and open their eyes to know Him. First of all read Ephesians 1:17-19.

Without our eyes being opened to Spiritual things we will

not get understanding. Our intellect will try to tell us we have it, but only by the Ruach

HaKodesh, which reveals Spirit and Truth (which is Yehoshuah The Anointed One),

can we get this understanding.

Ephesians 1:17 That the Eloheem of our Adon Yehoshuah The Anointed One,

the Father of admiration, may give unto you the Spirit of wisdom and

revelation in the knowledge of Him:

Ephesians 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened;

that ye may know what is the hope of His calling,

and what the riches of the splendor of His inheritance in the saints,

The importance of reading and understanding Scripture is paramount to our faith.

Romans 10:17 tells us that to increase our faith we should increase our reading. But

that's not all, we must activate that reading. How? We must make a choice if we believe

it or not. Eloheem knows our heart - you can not deceive Him. The complete Word of

YHWH is not something we can pick and choose which ones we like and the ones that

we are not comfortable with discard. Actually it is the ones that we are not comfortable

with that the Ruach HaKodesh will continue to convict us of. We must digest all the food

Instead of picking and choosing the parts we like at any given time.

Romans 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of YHWH.

Here is the connection we need to examine. By self or flesh we are inadequate to discern

the right thing that is pleasing YHWH. Discern- is a Greek word that has 2 meanings,

1( anakrino) which means-scrutinize, (by investigation) investigation, interrogate,

examine, determine, judge and question. 2(diakrino) has the meaning of-discriminate, (by

implication decide) waver and withdraw from (by implication) oppose, doubt, be partial.

So what you choose to believe is who you will become.

Philippians 1:9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in

knowledge and all perception,

Philippians 1:10 that you may approve the things that are excellent, in order that you

may be sincere and without offense till the day of The Anointed One,

Philippians 1:11 having been filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by

Yehoshuah The Anointed One, to the admiration and praise of Eloheem.

Let's become victorious in the Anointed One, conquerors for His kingdom, awmain.

We now have understanding about the function of the Ruach HaKodesh in relation to the

Word of YHWH. We take the promises of YHWH, which is "now faith" and activate in

unity of the Spirit of Eloheem and we do not doubt His ability and desire to bless us.

Debareem [Deuteronomy] 28:8 is one promise we should stand on. “We, in believing, set

our hands on the Word of YHWH and receive the blessing He has given us. We believe

He is the Eloheem of blessings and not the Eloheem of curses. By not obeying His Word

and Will, we become the bestower of these curses. Awmain.

Debareem 28:8 YHWH shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses,

and in all that thou set thine hand unto;

and he shall bless thee in the land

which YHWH thy Eloheem gives thee.

2Timo-Theos 2:15 Make every effort to Diligently STUDY

[Timothy] thine own self, in order to assist the Eloheem,

a teacher that needs not to be ashamed,

righteously preaching The Word; The Truth.

Tehilleem 119:155 Salvation is fare from the unrighteous:

[Psalms] for they STUDY not Thy statutes.

Tehilleem 119:15 I will STUDY Thy commandments:

and I will consider thy ways.

Tehilleem 119:48 And I will lift up my hands unto Thy

commandments which I have loved:

& my STUDY shall be in thy statutes.

Tehilleem 119:97 How greatly do I love Thy law?

My STUDY is all the day long in it.

Tehilleem 119:148 Mine eyes have prevented the night watches:

that my STUDY

might be wholly in Thy words.

Hebrews 4:11 Let us labor therefore to enter into that rest,

lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Hebrews 4:12 For The Word of Eloheem is quick, and powerful,

and sharper than any two-edged sword,

piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul

and spirit, and of the joints and marrow,

and is a discerner of the thoughts

and intents of the heart.

TWO APPROACHES IN UNDERSTANDING SCRIPTURE

FIRST:    We go to the Writings with an open, unbiased attitude, free of denominational slants or teachings, or previous impressions.   This is called Exegesis (direct analysis or interpretation of Scripture).  Allowing the Word to directly speak to us, we can form a solid foundation through personal study, guided by our Teacher, the Spirit of Yahu-Shuah.   Listening to other men teach us what Scripture says is fine also, as long as we test everything we hear, being careful how we listen, as the Assembly at Berea did (Acts 17:10,11).

SECOND:   (the wrong approach)  -- We go to the Writings to prove something we already believe, finding sentences which hint at the idea.  This is called Eisegesis (analyzing from one's own ideas).  In these cases the text is not directly describing or teaching the concept we are trying to prove, but rather the words are extracted  and hunted-down, to "prove" what we believe.  This is how men "twist" or "spin" the Words of Scripture, especially the letters of Shaul (Paul):  ". . . as also our beloved brother Shaul wrote to you, according to the wisdom given to him, as also in all his letters, speaking in them concerning these matters, in which some are hard to understand, which those who are untaught and unstable TWIST (spin) to their own destruction, as they do also the other Scriptures.   You, then, beloved ones, being forewarned, watch; lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the delusion of the lawless."   -  2 Kafe [Peter] 3:15-17   

Cognitive dissonance,

The contradiction of a belief causes cognitive dissonance that can be resolved by changing the belief under contradiction; yet, instead of effecting change, the resultant mental stress restores psychological consonance to the person, by misperception, rejection, or refutation of the contradiction; seeking moral support from people who share the contradicted beliefs; or acting to persuade other people that the contradiction is unreal.

Cognitive dissonance, the mental conflict that occurs when beliefs or assumptions are contradicted by new information. The unease or tension that the conflict arouses in people is relieved by one of several defensive maneuvers: they reject, explain away, or avoid the new information; persuade themselves that no conflict really exists; reconcile the differences; or resort to any other defensive means of preserving the beliefs.

Thirdly,

I would like to address that there is no hell, and that that teaching is a heresy conjured imagination from within men's feeble minds (i.e.-paganism) and later received by the Catholic church as doctrine (carried on through her daughters of Christianity), and not of Eloah or His Anointed One.

There is nothing about believers picking up snakes and not being harmed (with the exception of Shaul in one particular instance).

There is nothing about a camel going through the eye of a needle.

There is no story about a woman caught in adultery brought before Yehoshua The Anointed One, whereby He said “let him without sin cast the first stone”.

https://www.academia.edu/3714351/g06b_The_Woman_Caught_in_Aduletry_1_

https://www.academia.edu/3714352/g06c_The_Woman_Caught_in_Adultry_2_

God is the name of a pagan deity (that of Israel’s adulteries lover) spawned within paganism, and not a legit title of YHWH.

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/8qrtycnw3lj1e/pagan_deity's...

According to the Latin Vulgate in 2nf Peter 1:19 ~Et habemus
firmiorem propheticum sermonem : cui benefacitis
attendentes quasi lucernæ lucenti in caliginoso loco
donec dies elucescat, et lucifer oriatur in cordibus
vestris :~Yehoshua The Anointed One is the one and only Lucifer, not HaSatan.

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/ug1cd6j64we1j/Rising_Star%2C_Day_St...

Fourthly, let us deal with this other misguide subject at hand:

Was it the gift of tongues or the jabbering of The Consecrated Spirit the following people spoke in when they where filled with the spirit?

Luk_1:15   For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb.

Keep in mind that the Scriptures never ever said any thing about Yokhawnawn jibbering one utterance.

Luk_1:41   And it came to pass, that, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit:

Here every word that came from Elizabeth mouth was in her native Hebrew tongue, and not that of The Jibberring language only understood by YHWH.

Luk_1:67   And his father Zachariah was filled with the Holy Spirit, and prophesied, saying,

Again here every word that came from Zachariah mouth was in his native Hebrew tongue, and not that of The Jibberring language only understood by YHWH.

Luk_2:40   And the child grew, and became strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

Again Yokhawnawn filled with the Holy Spirit from birth was filled with great wisdom, yet not one Jibbering utterance ever came from his mouth.

Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Act 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

Act 2:6 Now when this was sounded abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because every man heard them speak in his own language.

Act 2:7 And they were all amazed and marveled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these who speak Galileans?

Act 2:8   And how hear we every man in our own tongue, in which we were born?

These, if one is honest, spoke in the gift of tongues of men not the jibbering Spirit language that only YHWH can understand, as evident that men of every nation understood in their own languages. To say that this was the Jibbering Spirit speaking unto YHWH one would have to take this passage out of   context, period.

Act 4:8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said unto them, You rulers of the people, and elders of Israel,

Act 4:9 If we this day be examined of the good deed done to the crippled man, by what means he is made whole;

Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him does this man stand here before you whole.

Act 4:11 This is the stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the head of the corner.

Act 4:12   Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is no other name under heaven given among men, by which we must be saved.

Here again not one utterance of The Concecrated Spirit speaking unto YHWH but filled with the Spirit Kafe spoke in the Hebrew tongue only.

Act_4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness.

Nothing here about the jibbering tongue either.

Act 9:17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto you in the way as you came, has sent me, that you might receive your sight, and be filled with the Holy Spirit.

Act 9:18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight, and arose, and was baptized.

Nothing here about jibbering either.

Act 13:9 Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Spirit, set his eyes on him,

Act 13:10 And said, O full of all deceit and all mischief, you child of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

Act 13:11   And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon you, and you shall be blind, not seeing the sun for a time.

Still speaking not one utterance of The Jibbering tongue known only to YHWH.

Act_13:52   And the disciples were filled with joy, and with the Holy Spirit.

No mention of the jibbering tongue here either.

So being not one of these verses said anything about The Concecrated Spirit jibbering to YHWH, and according to Shaul speaking of the Jibbering tongue of which The Concecrated Spirit utters through a man unto YHWH of which he said that should only be done in private, now I ask (without taking any verses out of context) just where did anyone ever speak in The jibbering tongue known only to Elohim when filled with the Concecrated Spirit before other men? As all the afore mentioned instances seem to be the gift of tongues of men when considered within context of the surrounding verses.

And again according to Shaul, in the book of Corinthians, when speaking of the Jibbering Tongue of which The Concecrated Spirit utters through a man unto YHWH should only be done in private as far as I can see.

Speaking which:

1st Corithians

CHAPTER 13

1 If I would speak in every tongue of the sons of men, and with [tongues] of angels, and not have love in me: I have become brass that sounds, or a cymbal that gives out noise.

Love is longsuffering and kind, love does not envy, love is not ruffled, nor puffed up,
5 And does not do that which is shameful, and does not seek its own, and is not enraged, ...

Does not rejoice in iniquity but rejoices in truth,

11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, and I thought as a child, and I reasoned as a child: but when I became a man, I ceased these [things] of youth.

CHAPTER 14

12 Likewise also, because you are zealous of the gifts of the Spirit, seek to excel to the edification of the assembly.

20 My brothers, do not err in your minds. But be children to evil [things], and be mature in your minds.

36 Did the Word of Eloah go out from you, or did it arrive for you alone? Now if
someone from you, thinks that he is a prophet, or that he is spiritual, let him acknowledge these [things] that I write to you; that they are commandments of our Adon.

38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

39 Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

40 Let all things be done decently and in order.

Personal Ignorance is no Excuse

Hoshayah [Hosea] 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge:

because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee,

Debareem [Deuteronomy] 8:3 And He humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger,

and fed thee with manna, which thou knew of not, neither did thy fathers know;

that He might make thee know that man does not live by bread only,

but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of YHWH does man live.

Mishlay [Proverbs] 2:6 For YHWH gives wisdom: out of His mouth comes knowledge …

2TimoTheos [2Timothy] 2:15 Make every effort to diligently study thine ownself,

in order to assist the Eloheem[Mighty One], a teacher that needs not to be ashamed,

righteously preaching The Word; The Truth.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world:

but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind,

that ye may prove what is good, and acceptable, and perfect, the will of Eloheem.

Ephesians 5:6-11 Let no man deceive you with vain words:

for because of these things comes the wrath of Eloheem upon the children of disobedience.

Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

For ye were sometimes darkness, but now light in the Adon: walk as children of light:

(For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

Proving what is acceptable unto the Sovereign.

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather rebuke them.

Mishlay [Proverbs] 30:5 Every word of Eloheem is pure:

He is a shield unto them that put their trust in Him.

Acts 17:11 These [Bereans] were more noble than those in Thessalonica,

in that they received the word with all readiness of mind,

and searched the Scriptures[Torah+Writing+Prophets=Tanakh] daily, whether those things were so.

Ephesians 5:14-16 Wherefore he says, Awake thou that sleeps,

and arise from the dead, and The Anointed One shall give thee light.

See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time,

2 Kayf [2Peter] 1:5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man[/woman] spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit,

after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after The Anointed One.

Colossians 2:3 In Whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss

for the Excellency of the knowledge of The Anointed One Yehoshua my Adon:

1TimoTheos [1Timothy] 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved,

and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Colossians 2:4 And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.

2 Kayf [2Peter] 3:18 But grow in grace,

and the knowledge of our Adon and Savior Yehoshua The Anointed One.

To Him be esteem both now and for ever. Awmayn.

Mishlay [Proverbs] 9:10 The fear of YHWH is the beginning of wisdom:

and the knowledge of the Spirit is understanding.

MattithYaHu [Matthew] 4:4 It is written, “Man shall not live by bread alone,

but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of YHWH”.

Mishlay [Proverbs] 1:7 The fear of YHWH is the beginning of knowledge:

yet fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Debareem [Deuteronomy] 8:6 Therefore thou shall keep the Commandments of YHWH thy Eloheem,

to walk in His ways, and to fear Him.

Debareem [Deuteronomy] 5:11-12 Thou shall not take the Name of YHWH thy Eloheem in vain[empty or to naught]:

for YHWH will not hold anyone guiltless that takes His Name in vain.

Keep the Shabbawth Day to Sanctify it, as YHWH thy Eloheem has commanded thee.

1Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Philippians 1:9-11 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and all perception,

that you may approve the things that are excellent, in order that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of

The Anointed One, having been filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Yehoshua The Anointed One,

to the admiration and praise of Eloheem.

Nor will the Ignorance of others be an Excuse Either

Hebrews 10:19-31

Having therefore, brethren,

boldness to enter into the Consecrated-est by the blood of Yehoshua,

By a new and living way, which He hath consecrated for us,

through the veil, that is to say, His flesh;

And having an High Priest over the House of Eloheem [Mighty One];

Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith,

having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience,

and our bodies washed with pure water.

Let us hold fast the profession of our trust without wavering;

for He is faithful that promised;

And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together,

as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another:

and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth,

there remains no more sacrifice for sins,

But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation,

which shall devour [consume completely] the adversaries.

He that despised Moshay’s [Moses's] Torah [Instructions] died without mercy

under two or three witnesses:

Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy,

who hath trodden under foot the Son of Eloheem,

and hath counted the blood of the Covenant, wherewith he was consecrated,

an unrighteous thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of favor/mercy?

For we know Him that hath said, Vengeance belongs unto Me,

I will recompense. And again, YHWH shall judge His people.

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living Eloheem.

And remember:

Wisdom Never Lies Inked To The Pages Coddled By A Book

But Rather Supply At Rest About The Inside Of Open Minds

That Render The Confounds Thereof.

Seek And Ye Shall Find

Yea Unto Therefore

Read The Word of YHWH Ore And Ore ...Extolling Ever Again

To Thine Be The Admiration

Hallelu-Yah … Awmayn

I know a good psychiatrist if you need one.

So do I, goes by the title/name The Concecrated Spirit.

You should try him/her/it some time, that is if the spirit that leads you to twist Shaul's writings will let you.

Jake your teachings are not only twisted but without love therefore of the adversarial spirit, and to that I say repent.

RSS

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service