If you have an invitation, click the link in the email to join. Or, why not create your own group?
Original Language Word Study
This study concept is new so please have patience as procedures are adjusted to make it easy to use and to administer. As adjustments are made, you will be alerted by a post from ADMIN and these directions will be updated.
Feel free to enjoy the study as your schedule permits and to copy the study posts to other social pages and groups if you would like to replicate it. Further directions can be found in the Facebook page listed as website.
1. Study 'Subject Words' will be posted by ADMIN. Each subject word will be accompanied by its definition from Strong's Concordance.
2. STUDY MEMBERS are encouraged to comment on the post by copying and pasting the definition from other recognized Dictionaries and Lexicons, being sure to include copyright credit.
3. A second ADMIN post on the subject word will end the period of adding definitions by asking STUDY MEMBERS to copy and paste verses from throughout the Scriptures that define the subject word in context, along with a brief comment of your understanding of the meaning from the verse.
Please follow the format of these two examples for the subject word 'God':
Genesis 14:18 "And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and He was the priest of the most high God."
-In this verse we see that God is the most high God.
Genesis 17:1 "And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, Jehovah appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before Me, and be thou perfect."
-In this verse we see that God is Almighty.
4. A third ADMIN POST will end the period for adding verses and begin open commenting on other factors that will help edit the word such as culture of the day, figures of speech, secular history, etc.
This period of open commenting will quickly define the level of maturity of each STUDY MEMBER. Please be careful not to duplicate posts, become argumentative, or to abuse your peers or the study process.
5. Once all commenting is complete, ADMIN will make a fourth post calling the study closed and asking STUDY MEMBERS to vote for the word you believe would best represent the original meaning in the modern English vernacular in an official poll.
6. ADMIN will then transfer that vote to the study website where it will be considered during the editing of the Family Study Bible, which is 65% complete at this writing.