A Brother Under Attack... or Testing the Bold Claims of the House of Aaron?
A Brother Under Attack (by Frank Houtz)
Frank Houtz writes:
>John has come under attack in the last few years
>due to what seems to be strange teachings of the
>community prior to his leadership.
Actually I have nothing personally against John Conrad, by all accounts he is a nice guy. I simply have a sincere difference of opinion with him over theology.
And let me be clear, the issues I raise are current.
The House of Aaron makes a CURRENT claim that Glendenning received a special calling to restore and reactivate the House of Levi and Aaron through God’s messenger Elijah.
My point has been that the best way to test this claim is to examine the very revelations which Glendenning claimed to recieve from Elijah.
And I did just this in my recent article The Plain Truth About MIA/ARI's House of Aaron
The House of Aaron makes a far reaching claim that involves all of us. Either Glendenning received a speacial calling from Elijah to restore the Aaronic priesthood, or he his a false prophet.
Are we not permitted to test these far reaching claims?
It seems that the House of Aaron can make these claims publicly, but if one dares to question them publicly, one is accused of "attacking" John Conrad as a person.
These revelations have been published by The House of Aaron under Robert Conrad's leadership and in the last few days John Conrad has stated: "We do have in our possession the Levitical Writings and have never made a secret of them. We consider them inspired..."
The facts are:
* The MIA/ARI has a long standing alliance with John Conrad and the House of Aaron. In fact he is scheduled along with you, to be a speaker at the upcoming MIA/ARI conference.
* The MIA/ARI has John Condrad and his wife in a position as "shepherds" directed to “…address the needs of member congregations as well as doctrinal issues that impact the Alliance, and they offer overall suggested guidance for the MIA.”
* John Conrad and the House of Aaron claim to be a restored Aaronic priesthood reactivated beginning with a special calling of Maurice Glendenning through God's messenger Elias (Elijah).
* Glendenning's revelations which he supposedly received from Elijah are recorded in a book called the Levitical Writings which has been published by the House of Aaron.
* The Glendenning's Levitical Writings are filled with false prophecy, unique Mormon doctrines (Baptism for the Dead, Eternal Progression, Sealing for all time and Eternity), other bizarre doctrines (supporting evolutions and reincarnation) and references to the Book of Mormon as truth. Moreover they use unique Mormon terminology and the revelations are numbered beginning at 137 so as to continue the Mormon Doctrine and Covenants which ended at that time at 136 (and this numbering was also supposed to have been directed by Elijah).
The Levitical Writings are false, Glendenning was a false prophet and his alleged restoration of the Aaronic Priesthood through Elijah is equally false.
Moreover as I have also shown in my recent article: Moroni and the MIA/ARI's House of Aaron
Glendenning's claim to have a special calling to restore and reactivate the House of Levi and Aaron through God’s messenger Elijah, originates not from our canonical text of Malachi 5:5-6 (Which both the MIA/ARI and House of Aaron quote in regards to the House of Aaron's mission) but from a revision of this text which Joseph Smith Jr. claimed to have received from the angelic personage of Moroni.
Questioning the truth of the bold claim of the House of Aaron concerning Glendenning and his alleged revelations from the angel of Elijah is NOT launching a personal attack on John Conrad, who I am sure by all accounts is a great guy. But I would not want to have the leader of the House of Aaron as a speaker at a theological conference, I would not have the House of Aaron as a partner in my ministy and I absolutely would not make John Conrad as shepherd and direct member congregations to seek doctrinal advaice from him, as the MIA/ARI has done.
Please read the two articles I have sited above and ask yourself:
Is this a personal attack on John Conrad or a sincere attempt to examine the bold claims of the House of Aaron?
Have I given Glendenning's claims a fair examination?
Do you believe Glendenning received revelations from Elijah? Or do you believe he was a false prophet?
First of all thank you to those who have donated. It has come to my attention that our primary ministry bank account is currently $350 in the negative and the bank is threatening to close the account if we do not bring it out of the negative right away.
If this ministry has ever been of benefit to you
I am asking you to please consider making a donation today.
If this ministry has ever benefited you, we really need your support at this time.
I am grateful to all of you who support our work financially. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Is this work worthy of your support? What other ministry provides this kind of teaching?
We ask you to stand with us as we stand for truth while others have been silent!
Now is absolutely the time to step up to the plate!
As I have said to you many times, I look on this work as a co-operative one with me, and all of you combining our resources together in order to get the job done of helping to teach this great truth to all in the world who will listen. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for your continued support, you are the ones who make it all possible by your contributions and your prayers for our work. I truly appreciate your help in every way.
You can donate by going to the pay-pal counter at http://www.nazarenespace.com or donations can be sent by paypal to email@example.com.
Donations can also be made out to “Nazarene Judaism” and sent to:
PO Box 471
Hurst, TX 76053