Nazarene Space

It is with a heavy heart that I write this post. I had to wait until I contacted all my family and closest friends, thus the delay in posting this. I didn't want this to be read without them knowing first. So I am recapping what has happened to explain why this is so dire news.

I has been having abdominal pain for the last couple of days. Sunday night became severe and after an entire sleepless night, we took me to the ER. It appears I have one and maybe two hernias. This is very serious. In 2015 I had two abdominal surgeries. As a result of the weakening of my abdominal wall (from these surgeries), I had an abdominal hernia in 2017, for which I had a mesh surgically installed. Then in 2018 the hernia worked its way south of the mesh, and another surgery was supposed to fix this. Unfortunately I ended up with a perforated bowel and septic shock and two additional surgeries to save my life. I spent 53 days in the hospital, twice in ICU on a ventilator for about a week each time, fighting for my life. As a result of these life saving surgeries, the mesh was cut right down the middle, leaving me with no hernia protection at all.

I was told at the time that I *can't* get another hernia, meaning that I could in reality get one, but that if I did, it would have to become life threatening before they would do anything about it, because I am super high risk for any more surgery. Now this worst case scenario is playing itself out! I am now scheduled to see my surgeon tomorrow Thursday, October 23rd. I actually had a further appointment out but they were able to move it up. This is bad. I am in a lot of pain, at times, am having a hard time eating as it causes me pain, so I am not eating much at all and the only solution maybe high risk, surgery again. They said my odds of surviving surgery were extremely low and regardless there will eventually come a time I will have to have the surgery as hernias do not repair on it’s own, they only get worse. The question here is only now how long before this happens and will I even survive. The outlook is not good.

I am getting my affairs in order as well. All my family and children as well as my closest friends have been told. I hope this is a morbid message and will be able to turn around in the next day or so and say they have a solution and I was wrong. Wishful, hopeful thinking but it’s there. I do believe in prayers and miracles as well. I hope to be here as long as I can and I am going to try to continue as best as possible to live my life as it was, and is.

I’m not giving up!! The news was shocking and devastating but I am going to try to do all I can to stay here on this planet. I plan to fight. With that being said though, I just needed you all to know the extent of what is going on with me and how serious this is. If I am unable to my husband will keep things updated, on his own page and mine.

If there was ever a time my family needed your support, it's now. Please pray!! Not just for me but for my family. They will need their strength for this. And please someone keep in touch with my husband he needs the support, no matter how strong he says he us. Love to you all.

Inga "Kitty" Trimm

Views: 103

Comment by Chochana on October 25, 2019 at 2:51am

Dear James and Kitty,

I have asked our group to pray for you. 

May Elohim be gracious to you.

Comment by James Trimm on October 25, 2019 at 11:20am

So no clear answer from the surgeon yet. He is going to look at the CT Scan itself Monday (he only had access to the CT Scan Report yesterday). He is referring her to a GI specialist to see if he can find another cause for her symptoms. We have that scheduled for November 4th. If and when she has to have the surgery, he does not feel competent to do it, and will refer her to a specialist at a University to do the surgery. He said that even if she were not obese, this would be a difficult surgery. We are in a wait and see mode. However, they are going to see if they can help her in any other ways to try and avoid surgery, at least for as long as possible. She is still in pain and not eating much. She will have to be careful not to stretch her abdomen out any further. She is still in crisis so don’t think this is over, it’s just begun. Kitty is my world I would be lost without her. I will continue to keep you updated. Thank you all for your prayers and support.

Her Medical Crisis Gofundme page is at:

Comment by Blake Curtner on October 26, 2019 at 3:54am

I’m praying as well. 


You need to be a member of Nazarene Space to add comments!

Join Nazarene Space












© 2019   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service