Nazarene Space

Did the Nazarenes use the Gospel of Peter?

Theodoret (5th century CE) commented that the Nazarenes made use of the Gospel of Peter. Some scholars today think his statement was made in error, but I am curious if anyone has researched this supposed connection.

Views: 244

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't see how its a childish sentence.  I clearly demonstrated that what the passage had to mean.

You want me to prove them without appealing to logic, an entirely ILLOGICAL notion.

Please re-read my last post(s), and please keep in mind that even without appealing to historical basis, I can STILL only find the 49 (which you mistakenly and repeatedly refer to as "the 66") to be worthy of canonization.

Incidentally, if (your) logic is what leads to such vitriol and vileness as you've shared in your "logical" exposes on genocide and the "required death" of certain infants and children, then I want nothing to do with it; I think you need to take a long, hard non-conceptual look at the things you write, and ask yourself where do these impulses come from.

Anayahu Priel (Andrew P) Carlson said:

I don't see how its a childish sentence.  I clearly demonstrated that what the passage had to mean, and by "had to mean" I'm revealing that I'm a blockhead without ability to think outside of the aspie box.

You want me to prove them without appealing to logic, an entirely ILLOGICAL notion, which I proudly subscribe to.

Bump

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service