Nazarene Space

Shalom all and Chag Sameach!

Been doing some study on Hebrews 8. The context of the chapter seems to be about the priest hoods, Melch. Priesthood being superior. However when I get to verse 13 the word covenant isn't in the original Greek text. Since the context is the priest hood, in verse 13 is it the levitical priest hood that is ready to vanish?

Marc

Views: 143

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks =). Interesting views. I do not share your belief that Adam was created immortal and given an immortal covenant. Scripture says in Enoch that only mortal being are allowed to marry, so Adam and Eve could not have been immortal and thus married. Further, 2 Baruch teaches that premature physical death was caused by Adam's sin, not physical death itself. Also, Moses was offering spiritual life versus spiritual death, not physical life versus physical death.

Also, the Levitical Priesthood began much before than you think it did. Levi was revealed it as described in the Testament of Levi. Isaac was the one who revealed him the Levitical Priesthood laws that he learned from Abraham that Abraham learned from the Book of Noah.
Give credit where credit is due; you answered well enough this time.
Your final comment about Aaron seems to contradict the point you're making but nonetheless.

Anayahu Priel (Andrew P) Carlson said:
Aaron=High Priest of the Levitical Priesthod
Melchizedek=High Priest of the Melchizedek Priesthod
Sun=Ruler of the Day
Moon=Ruler of the Night
Day and Night Co-Exist and do not replace each other and have two totally different and separate functions and purposes.
Likewise, Levitical and Melchizedek Priesthood co-exist and do not replace each other and have two totally different and separate functions and purposes. Where is it mentioned that Melchizedek has anything to do with the Levites? And i think its very clear that Aaron has to do with the Levites, as this is made explicitly clear in Scripture if I am not mistaken.
Marc, just because there will be no dead bodies or menstruation in the world to come does n mean the Levitical Priesthood is abolished. It means that it will no longer be applied because it will no longer need to be applied. You may view this as no difference, but the difference is very important. Your words imply that everything in the Torah is not eternal, and that some of it will be abolished becaues there are no longer applications of it. Whereas my words are explicitly making it clear that everything in the Torah is eternal, never to be abolished even though certain aspects will not be applied.

As to Christian, I am saying that Aaron is the Levitical Priesthod, Melchizedek is the Melchizedek Priesthood. The priesthods are not mutually exclusive, but both eternal for their purposes and function. Levitical is for eternity as follows: "When there are mortals, this is what to be done..." that law never changes. Melchizedek is for eternity as follows: "Immortals are able to live if the following conditions have been met..." that law never changes.

I hope that explains better what I was tryin to say. Shalom.
"There remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. An eternal Sabbath rest not a 7th day rest. The 7th day is a shadow of good things to come."

The Weekly Sabbath is the shadow of the age-lasting 7th Millennium.
The Weekly Sabbath is to be kept for all time.
After the 7th Millennium is an eternal rest.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service