Nazarene Space

How do you tell you friends and family that you no longer wish to exchange x-mas gifts?

Topic for discussion:
How do you tell you friends and family that you no longer wish to exchange x-mas gifts?

Views: 177

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wrap the presents in paper with the Star of David on it.
Why should the arrogant Christmasians force their religious views upon everyone - muslims have never forced me to keep Eid or Ramadan.
The reason is that the Atheists, X-ians and other Christmas-keepers and Saturnalia-worshippers are intent on converting all the world to their NWO religion of sun-worship syncretism.
Why?

If giving a sacrifice to Moloch, does it make a difference if the child is circumcised first?
If giving a sacrifice of bread to a pagan cause, does it make a difference if the bread is without leaven?
You cant just wrap something or change it in a superficial way and believe it is righteous.

Devan Smiralia said:
For the record

Exchanging gifts was originally a Channukah practice (in fact it was a custom for Jewish festival celebration in general) distinct from any Christmas practice.

Christian said:
Why?

If giving a sacrifice to Moloch, does it make a difference if the child is circumcised first?
If giving a sacrifice of bread to a pagan cause, does it make a difference if the bread is without leaven?
You cant just wrap something or change it in a superficial way and believe it is righteous.

Devan Smiralia said:
What does that have to do with giving a christmas gift, on christmas, that says merry christmas on the card?
This is specifically not a Hanukkah gift. Changing the wrapping paper makes no difference, or even writing merry hanukkah on it, as long as it is given to be opened on christmas.

Remember that when the 2 witnesses are killed, for three days the people of the pagan world will celebrate with giving of gifts? Consult the Revelation.
Here is how we handled this, we told x-mas keeping family that if they wanted to give our children gifts at that time of year, that they must:

1. Not wrap them in "Christmas" paper. They must be in Channukah paper or neutral paper (like a plain color or neutral design)
2. They must not be given on Christmas eve or Christmas itself.
3. They must not be called or represented as "Christmas" gifts.
I have been starting to give gifts at thanks giving
I have a big family (but now grown)
and so we would split the days of christmans and thanks giving and hew years for gifts giving

so this works for me
thanks giving is thanking God for his giving to us in His love for us.... and so we give gifts to our loved ones

also what about Hannakah
Jesus was conceived then ... that could work
in the east many celebrate life at conception ... not birth
re: Remember that when the 2 witnesses are killed, for three days the people of the pagan world will celebrate with giving of gifts? Consult the Revelation.

I disagree. People give gifts all the time. some times for no reason at all

Christian said:
What does that have to do with giving a christmas gift, on christmas, that says merry christmas on the card?
This is specifically not a Hanukkah gift. Changing the wrapping paper makes no difference, or even writing merry hanukkah on it, as long as it is given to be opened on christmas.

Remember that when the 2 witnesses are killed, for three days the people of the pagan world will celebrate with giving of gifts? Consult the Revelation.

Well its that time of year again.

I broke the news to family this year. Even though I have been part of the Nazarene faith for about five years now, I made an open declaration that this year was NOT going to include Christmas festivities.

It went terribly... but God was with me through it all. So it's all good now. :-)

i like it n fact i invite my leaders not to make Christmas exchange packs which we call here Manita.  Instead put the money in the box and share it with the poor. I know many will not like this idea but i believe it is right.

"...please accept...

this is a mitzvah,

and don't bother about the plastic wrapper."

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service