Nazarene Space

Is (or is not) having sex on the Sabbath a sin?

I myself am (strongly) of the opinion that it is not a sin to have sex on the Sabbath; however, there are several individuals here who are (strongly) of the opinion that it is indeed a sin.

This topic has been discussed in a previous thread regarding the Sabbath restrictions found in the Book of Jubilees (not a book I support in any way), but the emphasis of that thread was on Jubilees, not this specific issue of sex on the Sabbath.

I would like to hear diverse answers from NazSpace members concerning their opinion on the matter.

Views: 1113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i understand however El shaddai is not used in Genesis one or two????

Shalom

Rick T. said:
You might have a lok at the Hebrew though as it relates to El Shaddai the " breasted G-d "


sevynn leverette said:
However the original text for one and two show different articles doing the creating, one is Elohyim by proxy of Seven Spirits and two using YEWE/He exists as Article creating; garden, surgery, set-apart directives to mankind, Two accounts, two different Hebraic expressions of delivery in the creation process and timing. It may seem as chronilogoical order is off, but right in line with the Hebraic mindset. Example heart in Hebrew is core of one's thinking; not an emotion as the western mindset renders it to mean. We will be convert by the renewing of our minds. So my questions are to understand why you come up with these conclusions????????

Shalom

Christian said:
Not all of the Torah is chronological.
This applies to ALL 5 books of the Torah.
F.ex Deuteronomy is chock full of non-chronological events.

Why is everything a question with you????????????
Shalom

sevynn leverette said:
i can put all of creation in one day, create mankind, bring every kind of animal on earth in front of mankind, he names them all???????? this seems all neat and tidy all on sixth day, EXcept two starts with Shabbat it makes your argument backwards starting with shabbat, name the animals, notice manking is alone, plant a garden, perform surgery, etc, now why would YEWE write things out of order????????
Shalom J. Jury said:
Just curious- Ya'acov, would you agree with this tentative timeline for the sixth day?

J. Jury said:
Whether you want to call it 12 hours or 24 hours, here is the timeline for the 6th day as I see it in Genesis 1-2.

1) Animals were created.
2) Adam was created.
3) Adam named all the animals.
4) Eve was uniquely created.
5) They were commanded, "Be fruitful and multiply."
6) The sixth day ended.
7) Adam and Eve were busy being fruitful / multiplying by the time the 7th day started.

Anaiah Priel (Andrew P) Carlson said:
you think all those events happened in 12 hours, Jesse?
is almighty in genesis one or two or is it Elohyim in one and YEWE Elohyim in two??????

Shalom

Rick T. said:
understand however El shaddai is not used in Genesis one or two???? Almighty is translated from the Hebrew Shaddai
That is an English translation the original text uses Elohyim in Genesis One, and YEWE Elohyim in Genesis two, check with any interlinear for a better understanding,

Shalom

Rick T. said:
Genesis 1:i In the begining G-d ( strongs # 430 ) created the heavens and the earth.

G-d # 430- Elohiym; this mas. hebrew noun is plural in form, but it has both singular and plural uses. In a plural sense it refers to rulers or judges with divine connections. It is quite lengthy and deserves more attention than what I have given here .

sevynn leverette said:
is almighty in genesis one or two or is it Elohyim in one and YEWE Elohyim in two??????

Shalom

Rick T. said:
understand however El shaddai is not used in Genesis one or two???? Almighty is translated from the Hebrew Shaddai
i understand ElShaddai which can mean many breasted as substance, but if Moshe who had a great grasp of the language wanted to use El Shaddai would have BUT he did not, the context of the question is the order of Eve being created. Moshe uses a completely different application for the process, which shows that it was a different time frame than the sixth day, but a later time frame after the Shabbat, after the naming of the animals, after the planting of the garden, in all thre instances it shows YEWE Elohyim, rather than Elohyim/Powers used in Gensis one on the sixth day?????

Shalom

Rick T. said:
yes I know it is English, but all the words are strongs coded all of them I also have RSTN Stones Edition Tanach and many many more. Just google the " breasted G-d " I think you will find it interesting, And the orignal text useing Elohim adds credence to El Shaddai .

sevynn leverette said:
That is an English translation the original text uses Elohyim in Genesis One, and YEWE Elohyim in Genesis two, check with any interlinear for a better understanding,

Shalom

Rick T. said:
Genesis 1:i In the begining G-d ( strongs # 430 ) created the heavens and the earth.

G-d # 430- Elohiym; this mas. hebrew noun is plural in form, but it has both singular and plural uses. In a plural sense it refers to rulers or judges with divine connections. It is quite lengthy and deserves more attention than what I have given here .

sevynn leverette said:
is almighty in genesis one or two or is it Elohyim in one and YEWE Elohyim in two??????

Shalom

Rick T. said:
understand however El shaddai is not used in Genesis one or two???? Almighty is translated from the Hebrew Shaddai
i understand in English it appears to say one thing in Hebrew it is a clearer picture!

Shalom

Rick T. said:
Sorry I can't help you here. I take some things as stated . I have no problem with creation as explained . Shalom r t


sevynn leverette said:
i understand ElShaddai which can mean many breasted as substance, but if Moshe who had a great grasp of the language wanted to use El Shaddai would have BUT he did not, the context of the question is the order of Eve being created. Moshe uses a completely different application for the process, which shows that it was a different time frame than the sixth day, but a later time frame after the Shabbat, after the naming of the animals, after the planting of the garden, in all thre instances it shows YEWE Elohyim, rather than Elohyim/Powers used in Gensis one on the sixth day?????

Shalom

Rick T. said:
yes I know it is English, but all the words are strongs coded all of them I also have RSTN Stones Edition Tanach and many many more. Just google the " breasted G-d " I think you will find it interesting, And the orignal text useing Elohim adds credence to El Shaddai .

sevynn leverette said:
That is an English translation the original text uses Elohyim in Genesis One, and YEWE Elohyim in Genesis two, check with any interlinear for a better understanding,

Shalom

Rick T. said:
Genesis 1:i In the begining G-d ( strongs # 430 ) created the heavens and the earth.

G-d # 430- Elohiym; this mas. hebrew noun is plural in form, but it has both singular and plural uses. In a plural sense it refers to rulers or judges with divine connections. It is quite lengthy and deserves more attention than what I have given here .

sevynn leverette said:
is almighty in genesis one or two or is it Elohyim in one and YEWE Elohyim in two??????

Shalom

Rick T. said:
understand however El shaddai is not used in Genesis one or two???? Almighty is translated from the Hebrew Shaddai
as i am studying the Hebrew also very diligently, and as you are probaly learning that most of the interpretations have been altered and caused much confusion as we discuss the days of creation, the original topic of Shabbat the "Day of Ceasing" and what can be done on this Day.

Shalom

Rick T. said:
i understand in English it appears to say one thing in Hebrew it is a clearer picture!

sevynn, I am learning Hebrew I have more books in Hebrew than English on this topic, I just think what was said was easy to understand .
I don't know, maybe we should ask Him. :-)

Notice I said that most of chapter 2 takes place during the 6th day.

sevynn leverette said:
i can put all of creation in one day, create mankind, bring every kind of animal on earth in front of mankind, he names them all???????? this seems all neat and tidy all on sixth day, EXcept two starts with Shabbat it makes your argument backwards starting with shabbat, name the animals, notice manking is alone, plant a garden, perform surgery, etc, now why would YEWE write things out of order????????

Shalom

J. Jury said:
Just curious- Ya'acov, would you agree with this tentative timeline for the sixth day?

J. Jury said:
Whether you want to call it 12 hours or 24 hours, here is the timeline for the 6th day as I see it in Genesis 1-2.

1) Animals were created.
2) Adam was created.
3) Adam named all the animals.
4) Eve was uniquely created.
5) They were commanded, "Be fruitful and multiply."
6) The sixth day ended.
7) Adam and Eve were busy being fruitful / multiplying by the time the 7th day started.

Anaiah Priel (Andrew P) Carlson said:
you think all those events happened in 12 hours, Jesse?
Amen.

Yaacov said:
This and other conversations like it never would have come up if CERTAIN PEOPLE HAD NOT ADDED EXTRA LAWS TO THE TORAH AND TRIED TO UNILATERALLY IMPOSE THEIR EXTRA LAWS ON TO OTHERS! So that is where it started.

Jeremiah Moses said:
I thought that Dr trimm said that we would have a family safe lace to have comversations... this is not family safe!!
I'm alttle offended by this and others that have come up. This should be talked about in private not in the open .
or incorrect interpretation rather than in depth study????

Shalom

J. Jury said:
Amen.

Yaacov said:
This and other conversations like it never would have come up if CERTAIN PEOPLE HAD NOT ADDED EXTRA LAWS TO THE TORAH AND TRIED TO UNILATERALLY IMPOSE THEIR EXTRA LAWS ON TO OTHERS! So that is where it started.

Jeremiah Moses said:
I thought that Dr trimm said that we would have a family safe lace to have comversations... this is not family safe!!
I'm alttle offended by this and others that have come up. This should be talked about in private not in the open .
I'm all for in depth study, providing it does not lead to an understanding that cannot be supported by a straight forward reading of the text.

sevynn leverette said:
or incorrect interpretation rather than in depth study????

Shalom

J. Jury said:
Amen.

Yaacov said:
This and other conversations like it never would have come up if CERTAIN PEOPLE HAD NOT ADDED EXTRA LAWS TO THE TORAH AND TRIED TO UNILATERALLY IMPOSE THEIR EXTRA LAWS ON TO OTHERS! So that is where it started.

Jeremiah Moses said:
I thought that Dr trimm said that we would have a family safe lace to have comversations... this is not family safe!!
I'm alttle offended by this and others that have come up. This should be talked about in private not in the open .
English or Hebrew, which text would be acceptable, and Torah says His instructions are a parable as YeweShua taught and not a straight foward literal book?????

Shalom

J. Jury said:
I'm all for in depth study, providing it does not lead to an understanding that cannot be supported by a straight forward reading of the text.

sevynn leverette said:
or incorrect interpretation rather than in depth study????

Shalom

J. Jury said:
Amen.

Yaacov said:
This and other conversations like it never would have come up if CERTAIN PEOPLE HAD NOT ADDED EXTRA LAWS TO THE TORAH AND TRIED TO UNILATERALLY IMPOSE THEIR EXTRA LAWS ON TO OTHERS! So that is where it started.

Jeremiah Moses said:
I thought that Dr trimm said that we would have a family safe lace to have comversations... this is not family safe!!
I'm alttle offended by this and others that have come up. This should be talked about in private not in the open .
So you would censor Ezekiel 23, or tear it from the Bible?
I mean, you're already tearing Acts, presumably Luke, and most of the Epistles from the Bible...

Jeremiah Moses said:
Didn't say any thing about eve. What is interesting is this conversation on the out side something that a husband wife. Or a rabbi teaching these things. But I have seen many of these conversation come up in the last weeks or so.. and I have not said any thing... but on a very nature level I know that men are prone to conversations like this one.. where are topic is sex and I wonder just how much Spirit and life is really in this conversation from just men being natural and just having fun talking about the one subject that most gets them going . ?
Also the purity level of each man and women in this conversation is of some what of an Issues as I'm sure most people on here have no accountability and fellowship an little true community and fellowship from witch their purity and Holiness is shown an keep in line.
So these are my cares as I man a Leader to some young men in the faith and I know what they are going though and this would be on of the last conversations that I let them in.. and Married men I still would take this conversation to a Private area so that it can be watch to keep it pure and also who is going in .
So forgive me I care about Purity & Holiness
sevynn leverette said:
i understood it as graphic content, this portion is very family safe, what offends you about Eve being created?????

Shalom

Jeremiah Moses said:
I thought that Dr trimm said that we would have a family safe lace to have comversations... this is not family safe!!
I'm alttle offended by this and others that have come up. This should be talked about in private not in the open .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

 

 

 

















 

LINKS

 

 

 

 

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service