Nazarene Space

Food for thought: How is it that, IeueShua/YahShua and the Twelve Anointed Apostles converted so many WITHOUT a single word from the gospels or the letters of Paul, but christians CAN NOT use the same Scriptures to convert people, are they really preaching the "Good News"?

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"YahShua and the Twelve Anointed Apostles converted so many WITHOUT a single word from the gospels"

I beg to differ; they taught the gospel (meaning "good news") which was that Christ/Meshiach has been crucified, resurrected, broken down the gates of the grave and ransomed mankind unto salvation. Christ taught the many disciples that followed him all the things recorded in the written gospels, excepting the few things specified as having been taught only to the 12 "inner circle".  The Apostles later revealed these things, as did the writers of the gospels.  The Apostles also continually taught all the things Christ had publically taught, and expounded on them by the power of the holy spirit.
They also quoted the Tanak at length, obviously, but it is not fair to say they converted and taugth without using a single word from the gospels.  50% of the gospels are practically records of things Christ said to throngs of listeners, leading to the conversion of multitudes !

These further quotes should convince that the message of the gospels, the death and resurrection of the Messiah, was integral to the message of the early believers:

And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 1 Corinthians 15:14

And if Christ has not been raised, then your faith is useless and you are still guilty of your sins (because your sins have not been atoned for by Christ). 1 Cor 15:17

so when was the first latter published????? Since they hand carried the letters with them for every mission, some taking years?????

Shalom

He said to them, “This is what I told you, while I was still with you, that all things which are written in the law of Moses, the prophets, and the psalms, concerning me must be fulfilled.”

24:45 Then he opened their minds, that they might understand the Scriptures.
24:46 He said to them, “Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day,
24:47 and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name to all the nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
"When" is of course irrelevant; Messiah and the Apostles taught the words of the gospels and to some extent the epistles, before these same teachings had been formatized into their present textual shape.
About 50% of the gospels are records of things Yeshua publically spoke to hordes of listeners, leading to the conversion of scores; maybe you should open your mind.

They also quoted the Tanak at length, obviously, but it is not fair to say they converted and taugth without using a single word from the gospels, as you (perhaps hyperbolically) claim.

sevynn leverette said:

so when was the first latter published?????

are they really preaching the "Good News"?

yes. the good news that the Only Begotten Son of G-d was incarnated, suffered, died, resurrected and assumed to the right hand of G-d. the books you read today are only records of His life and works on earth as these were related by the mouth of His witnesses, the disciples.

there was no need of published books: Yeshua and his apostles were not sola-scriptura. :)

I believe Sevynn's point (which I happen to agree with) is that the Apostles converted people into the faith by teaching the Torah and the Prophets- like Yeshua Himself did- significantly before the "New Testament" was canonized, or even published.

In other words, Paul didn't make his point to the Romans, "This is true- because I said it to the Ephesians last week!" Paul converted those into the faith with the Tanakh.

I could possibly see the Apostles as having some primitive copy of a sort Gospel, probably bearing some resemblance to that according to the Hebrews or Matthew.

Why in the Book Acts 15:21 did Ya'akov the headof the Assembly say they will read Moses each week during the Sabbath, because that is what they taught.....IeueShua even quoted YeshaYahu in the Book of Luke, as much as we think today the gospels and the letters were used that is not accurate; they used the TaNaKh to convert people, most people today DO NOT  possess that ability. Why did IeueShua open their minds to the Scriptures saying the Torah, Prophets, and Writings?????? As James Trimm often quotes, when the so called new testament church began there was no new testament and there was no church! Shalom

(Lol)

right on J.Jury

J. Jury said:

I believe Sevynn's point (which I happen to agree with) is that the Apostles converted people into the faith by teaching the Torah and the Prophets- like Yeshua Himself did- significantly before the "New Testament" was canonized, or even published.

In other words, Paul didn't make his point to the Romans, "This is true- because I said it to the Ephesians last week!" Paul converted those into the faith with the Tanakh.

I could possibly see the Apostles as having some primitive copy of a sort Gospel, probably bearing some resemblance to that according to the Hebrews or Matthew.

Actually yes they were very much sola scriptura as this early Natzara commentary shows;

Yesheyahu 8:20-21

When the Scribes and Pharisees tell you to listen to them, men who do everything for the love of the belly and who hiss during their incantations in the way of magicians in order to deceive you, you must answer them like this: 'It is not strange if you follow your traditions since every tribe consults its own idols. We must not, therefore, consult your dead about the living ones. On the contrary, God has given us the Law and the testimonies of the Scriptures. If you are not willing to follow them you shall not have light, and the darkness will always oppress you. It will cover your earth and your doctrine so that, when you see that they have been deceived by you in error and they feel a longing for the truth, they will then be sad or angry. And let them who believe themselves to be like their own gods and kings curse you. And let them look at the heaven and the earth in vain since they are always in darkness and they cannot flee away from your ambushes.

beryl etanah said:

there was no need of published books: Yeshua and his apostles were not sola-scriptura.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service