Nazarene Space

Who do you are the Two Witnesses of Rev. 11?

Are they:

Enoch & Elijah?

Moses & Elijah?

The House of Israel and the House of Judah?

Are they literal?  Are they figurative?  What do you think?

Views: 1667

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Enoch & Elijah.

I don't know 

I tend to think that the two witnesses are metaphoric for the houses of Israel and Judah, and correspond to national identities (rather than individuals). But if they are specific individuals, I opt for Yochanan the Immerser, and Eliyahu haNavi.

If they are a metaphor what does their death and resurrection mean

IMO, 2 angels or ordinary men who are being to be prepared for their mission now in the Spirit of Moses and Elija or even Enoch's. By the way good question for the opinions are many but I do not give something for opinions, even not my own!, if it is not proved by Scriptures. The 2 houses movement thinks they are the 2 but I am not sure about that either. So may be you''ll take my IMO to consideration as well as an opinion what might be the fact if I can prove that by Scriptures. Right now I can't. I bet you can James! :) at least for what you think they will be. Thank you for give us to ponder.

I don't know but I believe it is related to Yeshua saying "where two or more of you are gathered..." when there are no true Churches during the tribulation. 

By the way can anyone give me some Jewish commentary on revelation since the two witnesses have to do with it

Allow me to clarify- by Yochanan the Immerser, I meant Yochanan ben Zavdai.

J. Jury (אליהוא) said:

I tend to think that the two witnesses are metaphoric for the houses of Israel and Judah, and correspond to national identities (rather than individuals). But if they are specific individuals, I opt for Yochanan the Immerser, and Eliyahu haNavi.

wonder who the warrior would be...His messenger is an angel and may be the warrior could be an angel..Michael?  just thinking...like your answer Shamira. 

lol I got ya before ya said so! yes that makes alot of sense to me. by the way 'my' executive protector is Michael!

Mikha el you believe in patron angels what about saints in a Jewish context

This is going to sound off the wall, probably.  But, the other day, I was reading in John chapter 21.  Yeshua was describing things that were going to happen in the end.  However, in reference to Yohanan the disciple, He said something to the effect of that he was to remain until He comes (?).  I thought that was interesting.  Any thoughts on that?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service