Nazarene Space

The phrase "Angel of the Lord" appears several times in Scripture.

Is the "Angel of the Lord" a generic term for an angel?

Is the "Angel of the Lord" the Messiah"?

Views: 780

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've always understood it as pre-carnation of Yashua

I came to this conclusion a few months ago. I had to unlearn all the doctrines I had learned in my life. Glad someone else is on the same track.

There is a good argument that the "Angel of the Lord" (Angel of YHWH) was the pre-incarnate Messiah.  However what of these verses in Matthew and Luke?

Then Joseph her husband, being a just man,
and not willing to make her a public example,
was minded to put her away privily.
But while he thought on these things,
behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream,
saying, Joseph, thou son of David,
fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife:
for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
And she shall bring forth a son,
and thou shalt call his name JESUS:
for he shall save his people from their sins.
(Matthew 1:19-21 KJV)

And when they were departed,
behold, the angel of the Lord
appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying,
Arise, and take the young child and his mother,
and flee into Egypt,
and be thou there until I bring thee word:
for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.
(Matthew 2:13 KJV)

But when Herod was dead, behold,
an angel of the Lord appeareth in a dream to Joseph in Egypt,
Saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother,
and go into the land of Israel:
for they are dead which sought the young child's life.
(Matthew 2:19-20 KJV)

And, behold, there was a great earthquake:
for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven,
and came and rolled back the stone from the door,
and sat upon it.
(Matthew 28:2 KJV)

And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord
standing on the right side of the altar of incense.
(Luke 1:11 KJV)

And there were in the same country shepherds
abiding in the field, keeping watch
over their flock by night.
And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them,
and the glory of the Lord shone round about them:
and they were sore afraid.
(Luke 2:9 KJV)

Another ambiguity found in the writings. My guess is some unnamed angelic being.

Yahushua I believe is the same angel "Michael" or "Like Elohim".Hebrews talks of an angel receiving a new name. When yahushua chose to be our sacrifice Gabriel took his place. Yahushua was elevated to higher position than the angels, and then sat at the right hand of Elohim. That's my understanding.

I have always believed that the wordage,  Angel of the Lord, meant the Lord or a Angel he sent, who had authority to act in his name.  I think of over time,  the proper name  has been lost or changed for various reasons; especially with the Gentile Bible. The big question is, would you know it, be it Christ or one of his Angels, if one came to you; being able to tell it from Satan or one of his angels. So  do we know our God and Saviors voice and feelings in our hearts, we can't be real followers if we don't.

Good one James!!!

This is what teaching is all about.

Debating ("acting as heretics") the Scriptures and sharing Revelation.

Angel of the Lord = Messenger of the lesser YHWH.

HaleluYah

According to Exodus 3:6-7 & 14-15 this malak YHWH (Angel of Yahweh) who Moses encountered in the burning bush said that he was Yahweh.  Did He not tell the truth?  Yahweh, the non physical Creator, is quite capable of being his own messenger and delivering his own messages.  But in order to do so He had to present his self as a physical manifestation so that he could interface with humans.

Lloyd Brumbaugh said:

According to Exodus 3:6-7 & 14-15 this malak YHWH (Angel of Yahweh) who Moses encountered in the burning bush said that he was Yahweh.  Did He not tell the truth?  Yahweh, the non physical Creator, is quite capable of being his own messenger and delivering his own messages.  But in order to do so He had to present his self as a physical manifestation so that he could interface with humans.

My brother I am thinking the scriptures do not contradict themselves. In Revelation are we to say that YHWH sat beside Himself on his own right side? Or does it make since that YHWH spoke to the people, while descending upon Himself? I do not ask this to berate you. I will explain my reasoning.

On your statement I believe that Yahushua was at the bush and not the Father. Yahushua said in the Brit-HaDisha that "no man has seen the Father". Moses (a man) saw Yahushua in the bush but i believe he showed His backside. Yahushua is after all our intercessor. 

Is Yahushua an Angelic Being?

The next section will discuss this topic in detail. Up until today I accepted the fact that YHWH and His Son were one (Now believe to be one like husband and wife in marriage). Is Yahushua an angelic type of being? Below is the first chapter of Hebrews taken from the “Complete Jewish Bible”. It describes Yahushua’s beginnings and may shed light on this question.

[Also I don't like the term angel...i like messenger which fits better. Yahushua is after all called the Word.]

Hebrews 1

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

1 In days gone by, Elohim spoke in many and varied ways to the Fathers through the prophets. But now, in the acharit-hayamim, he has spoken to us through his Son, to whom he has given ownership of everything and through whom he created the universe. This Son is the radiance of the Sh’khinah, the very expression of Elohim’s essence, upholding all that exists by his powerful word; and after he had, through himself, made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of HaG’dulah BaM’romim.[a]

So he has become much better than angels, and the name[1] Elohim has given him is superior to theirs. For to which of the angels did Elohim ever say,

“You are my Son;
today I have become your Father”?[b]

Also, Elohim never said of any angel,

“I will be his Father,
and he will be my Son.”[c]

And again, when Elohim brings his Firstborn into the world, he says,

“Let all Elohim’s angels worship him.”[d]

Indeed, when speaking of angels, he says,

“. . . who makes his angels winds
and his servants fiery flames”;[e]

but to the Son, he says,

“Your throne, O Elohim, will last forever and ever;
you rule your Kingdom with a scepter of equity;
you have loved righteousness and hated wickedness.
Therefore, O Elohim, your Elohim has anointed you
with the oil of joy in preference to your companions”;[f]

10 and, In the beginning, Master, you laid the foundations of the earth;
heaven is the work of your hands
11 They will vanish, but you will remain;
like clothing, they will all grow old;
12 and you will fold them up like a coat.
Yes, they will be changed like clothing,
but you remain the same,
your years will never end.”[g]

13 Moreover, to which of the angels has he ever said,

“Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet”?[h]

14 Aren’t they all merely spirits who serve, sent out to help those whom Elohim will deliver?

Footnotes:

1. Hebrews 1:3

Psalm 110:1 –“יהוה said to my Master, “Sit at My right hand, until I make your enemies a footstool for Your feet.”

1. Hebrews 1:5

Psalm 2:7 –““I inscribe for a law: יהוה has said to Me, ‘You are My Son, Today I have brought You forth.

1. Hebrews 1:5

2 Samuel 7:14 - “I am to be his Father, and he is My son. If he does perversely, I shall reprove him with the rod of men and with the blows of the sons of men.”

1 Chronicles 17:13 –“I am to be his Father, and he is to be My son. And My kindness I do not turn away from him, as I took it from him who was before you.”

1. Hebrews 1:6

Psalm 97:7-8 –“The heavens shall declare His righteousness, and all the peoples shall see His esteem.” All are put to shame who serve carved images, those boasting of matters of naught. Bow yourselves to Him, all you mighty ones.

1. Hebrews 1:7

Psalm 104:4 –“Making His messengers the winds, His servants a flame of fire.”

1. Hebrews 1:9

Psalm 45:7– (6-8) “Your throne, O Elohim, is forever and ever; The scepter of Your reign is a scepter of straightness. You have loved righteousness and hated wrongness[2]; Therefore Elohim, Your Elohim, has anointed You with the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”

1. Hebrews 1:12

Psalm 102:26–28 – ““They shall perish, but You remain; and all of them grow old like a garment; You change them like a coat, and they are changed.  “But You are the same, and Your years have no end.  “The sons of Your servants continue, And their seed is established before You.”

1. Hebrews 1:13

Psalm 110:1 –“יהוה said to my Master, “Sit at My right hand, Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet.”

Based off verses 3-4 of Hebrews chapter one, I would say Yahushua may have been an angel before He sacrificed Himself for mankind. After dying for mankind Yahushua is described as “being much better than the angels[3], having received the name of YHWH His Father.

[1] The names of the angels end with el which is short for Elohim or “great one”. The Son has a superior name “Yahushua”. This mean YHWH is my salvation. The Son has His Father’s name; the name of the Most High”

[2] Footnote: 1Heb. 1:8-9.

[3] Hebrews 1:4

Having looked at this you can see this section speaks of an angel who was given a set-apart name. The angel was called the Son of YHWH. The scripture also speaks of the son in Proverbs 8. The Son is described as separate and distinct from the Father. This verse shows that the Son helped in creation...and was the first of YHWH's creations of old.

Proverbs 8:22-30

22 YHWH possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:

26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:

29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

In closing i will leave you with this verse. Please understand, I am not saying you are wrong. I am simply stating why I believe the way I do. This verse will also show two distinctive beings. I have a full study that i have been working on if you are interested.

Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is His name (Yahuwah), and what is His Son's name (Yahushua), if thou canst tell?

Mikhael means "[One] who is Like El." or "Who is Like El?" 

Yes my brother...the angel or messenger in Hebrews received a new name. I believe that name was changed from Micheal  to Yahushua.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service