Nazarene Space

Who or what is the Great Whore of Babylon?

Who or what is the Great Whore of Babylon in Rev. 17&18?

Views: 1152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some say that Israel is the whore of Babylon, but I would say Rome is the whore of Babylon. From Rome you get The Knights Templar's, Knights of Malta, etc The Jesuit order, black Pope, The holy See Vatican, Roman Catholic Church,Then the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry and the other branches of Freemasonry. Also, the Illuminati, which is an integral part of Freemasonry. Christianity and all its branches, for example, Pentecostalism, Seven day Adventist, Mormonism, etc Even Judaism has some part in Freemasonry. Rome is a complete whore and has been prostituting herself and has many daughters.

Seven heads could be (1) Babylon, (2 & 3) Media and Persia, (4) Greece, (5) Egypt Ptolemic Empire, (6) Seleucid Empire eastern provinces - more or less modern Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Syria and Asia Minor. (7) Rome

I wrote this a few years ago for a Yahoo Group I was in.  My ideas of this information has changed very little in the last 15 years.

The number of interpretations for the great whore of Babylon never ceases to amaze me.  Some say she’s Russia, or the European Union, or America, but are we free to use our own interpretation for prophesy?  Not according to God.  His Word says in 2 Peter 1:20 (KJV) “Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation”. 

Well then if it’s not of private interpretation it can only mean one thing to my understanding.  Prophecy in the Word of God must be defined by the Word of God, i.e. It must be interpreted by the Bible itself.  If that’s the case, what does the Bible prophetically compare to a woman?  Here is a few verses.

Jeremiah 6:2 (KJV) – I have likened the daughter of Zion to a comely and delicate woman.

Isaiah 51:16 (KJV) – Say unto Zion thou art my people.

Isaiah 26:17 (KJV) – Like as a woman with child, that draweth near the time of her delivery, is in pain, and crieth out in her pangs; so have we been in thy sight, O LORD.

Jeremiah 3:20 (KJV) – Surely as a wife treacherously departeth from her husband, so have ye dealt treacherously with me, O house of Israel, saith the LORD.

Ephesians 5:25 (KJV) – Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

2 Corinthians 11:2 (KJV) – I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you a chaste virgin to Christ.

As you can see by these verses, God’s Word is prophetically comparing His people to a woman.  In early writings, it’s Israel, and in later writings it’s what we would call “the church” (Christians and Messianics or Nazarenes).  Revelation shows us two women….there is a beautiful and pure woman in the twelfth chapter, and there is a prostitute in the seventeenth.   It’s pretty easy to figure out from the way this is going, that the beautiful and pure woman represents a beautiful and pure church.  If that’s so, then the corrupt woman must stand for a corrupt church.  This distorted church is shown to be:

1.  Dressed in scarlet and purple (v4).

2.  Covered with gold, precious stones and pearls (v4).

3.  The mother of prostitutes (v5).

4.  Drunk with the blood of the saints (v6).

5.  Sits on seven hills (v9)

6.  Sits on many waters (v15).

Some interpretations are easy because the Bible tells you straight-out exactly what it means.  Like in verse 15, the water is people, multitudes, nations and language.  In other words, this corrupt church resides over most of the known world at the time that Saint John received his Revelation.  Verse 9 also says that this church resides on seven hills.  Here is a link to a Wikipedia article on the seven hills of Rome http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_hills_of_Rome

Verse 4 says she is dressed in scarlet and purple and adorned in wealth.  The papacy dresses in red for the cardinals and the pope in purple for major ordinations.  The RCC is truly one of the wealthiest institutions on the face of the earth, even after all the millions she has paid out for pedophilia activity over the last few decades.   All you have to do is look on the net for pictures and anyone can easily see her churches are always profusely ornate in precious metals and jewels.  I’ve heard it said that she owns more land than any other institution on earth.

Verse 6 says that she is drunk on the blood of the saints.  Although catholics believe saints are a special reserve of people worthy of worship, God’s Word says that all believers are saints.  To say that the RCC has persecuted God’s people is the largest understatement that anyone could make.  During the dark ages, Sabbath keeping Christians and Jews (orthodox and Nazarene) were slaughtered by the tens of thousands, just because they wouldn’t convert to the new and improved roman sabbath. In the year 2000 the late pope John Paul II apologized for his church butchering protestants in the inquisition, but wouldn’t recognize that they had murdered somewhere between 50 and 150 million people.  Their number is only about 30,000,000 (yeah, like that would be a good number, even if it were true).  Someone needs to explain to me how the papacy can feel sorrow and then still claim that the RCC has never erred and never will.  To claim that the inquisition wasn’t an error is the same as not apologizing.

Now comes the real scary part…….this whore is the mother of other whores.   Since all the larger protestant churches came out of her, I think God is pointing his finger at some of us (most of the Christian church).  I include myself, because I’m still learning about all the abominations in her cup (and I rid myself of them as I do).  We’ve become so taken by these new traditions, that God’s people are “intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries”.  This is why when God says “come out of her my people”, He is talking to you and me to leave the apostate church.  Christ came to change the religious, not the religion.  If you notice in Rev 18:4, the plagues are reserved not only for unbelievers but the whore church as well.

Where the NT tells us to “standfast and hold the traditions which ye have been taught”, it’s telling us to keep Jewish traditions of the early Nazerenes and not to accept new traditions, like Christmas, Easter, 1st day sabbath, ash Wednesday, Halloween, etc.

I hope I haven’t offended anyone.  I believe that if you truly love the Lord, it will burn in your soul to leave the whore much like it did to me when I first heard this.

Roman Catholic Church

What is the beast she is siting on and why does it hate her there both evil they should work together 

Quoting Chuck Higgins: "....."

A good and interesting read. And thanks for sharing. I agree, RCC.

The Two Babylons
or The Papal Worship Proved to be the Worship of Nimrod and His Wife
By the Late Rev. Alexander Hislop
First published as a pamphlet in 1853--greatly expanded in 1858
http://www.biblebelievers.com/babylon/00index.htm

Julian Goulbourne said:

Some say that Israel is the whore of Babylon, but I would say Rome is the whore of Babylon. From Rome you get The Knights Templar's, Knights of Malta, etc The Jesuit order, black Pope, The holy See Vatican, Roman Catholic Church,Then the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry and the other branches of Freemasonry. Also, the Illuminati, which is an integral part of Freemasonry. Christianity and all its branches, for example, Pentecostalism, Seven day Adventist, Mormonism, etc Even Judaism has some part in Freemasonry. Rome is a complete whore and has been prostituting herself and has many daughters.

Seven heads could be (1) Babylon, (2 & 3) Media and Persia, (4) Greece, (5) Egypt Ptolemic Empire, (6) Seleucid Empire eastern provinces - more or less modern Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Syria and Asia Minor. (7) Rome

From ROME the last of the seven heads you get the ten heads i.e. the ten toes of Nebuchadnezzar's statue of gold........

I agree with James Trimm that Rome is the seat of modern Neo Babylonian religion of Nimrod, Semiramis and Tammuz  THE TRINITY!!

Where is everyone Tammuz Semiramis nimrod  trinity nonsense

James Trimm said:

The Two Babylons
or The Papal Worship Proved to be the Worship of Nimrod and His Wife
By the Late Rev. Alexander Hislop
First published as a pamphlet in 1853--greatly expanded in 1858
http://www.biblebelievers.com/babylon/00index.htm
  I take your rants against Christiandom with a grain of salt now had you done real research that book  has been refuted by the either himself  me thinks you should reconfirm your research to get rid of bias and why did yo complain about somthing so petty as steples as being pagen when you have a wedding ring which is also pagen

The caliphate. Look at the rise of the muslim extremist in Iraq, the mark of the beast will be the arm bands or head pieces worn by their followers (the NAZIS were the practice run). If you don't take the mark you will be beheaded. Israel has been forced into a false peace with it's surrounding enemies. The whore of Babylon is the USA and its false Christian religion that tickles the ear and misinforms. That's why this ministry is of great value. We cannot stop the end we can only bring the absolute truth to the chosen believers so the they will embrace the true messiah.

Your answer is completely ridiculous make no sense at all..............

Julian Goulbourne said:

Your answer is completely ridiculous make no sense at all..............     

Who are you talking to

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service