Nazarene Space

1. “The true Scriptures speak of God’s Son, the Word, as ‘a god.’ He is a ‘mighty god,’ but not the Almighty God, who is Jehovah” (The Truth Shall Make You Free, Brooklyn: Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, 1943, 47).

2. “In other words, he was the first and direct creation of Jehovah God” (The Kingdom Is at Hand, Brooklyn: Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, 1944, 46–47, 49).

3. “The Bible shows that there is only one God … greater than His Son … and that the Son, as the Firstborn, Only-begotten, and ‘the creation by God,’ had a beginning. That the Father is greater and older than the Son is reasonable, easy to understand, and is what the Bible teaches” (From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained, Brooklyn: Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, 1958, 164).

4. “Jesus was ‘the Son of God.’ Not God himself!” (“The Word,” Who Is He?, 20).

5. “The very fact that he was sent proves he was not equal with God but was less than God his Father” (TWWIH, 41).

6. “Certainly the apostle John was not so unreasonable as to say that someone (the Word) was with some other individual (‘God’) and at the same time was that other individual (‘God’)” (TWWIH, 53).

7. “Thus, Jesus had an existence in heaven before coming to the earth. But was it as one of the persons in an almighty, eternal triune Godhead? No, for the Bible plainly states that in his prehuman existence, Jesus was a created spirit being, just as angels were spirit beings created by God. Neither the angels nor Jesus had existed before their creation” (Should You Believe in the Trinity?).

Views: 118

Replies to This Discussion

Also, how many times/dates have the JWs set for the "End of the Age"? A careful study of the history of this group will show its many inconsistencies. Moreover, the word "Jehovah" is an impossibility in Hebrew. It was first coined by a Catholic priest, Peter Galatin, who changed the "Yod" to the English "J" and the "Wau" to a "V" then added the vowel points (a relatively new system at that time) to the Tetragrammaton. 

I am in the midst of a terrible spiritual battle with the JW religion, my mother and stepfather are JWs and they have custody of my oldest daughter.  When I try to teach my daughter what I believe and explain what is not right about JWs, my mother calls me an apostate and my daughter believes it.  Apostate is another word for followers of Satan who want to mislead them from the "truth", in JWs minds.   My daughter is being turned against me, and is being brainwashed by them to want to get baptized as one, like her older friends.  I do not know what to do.  My mom wants me to study with a lady from the kingdom hall and go to some meetings but I have already done that as a youth.  I anguish over my daughter every day, but she keeps getting further and further from me.  Should I pretend along and do as my mom wants?  Or should I try to reach out to my daughter somehow? 

RSS

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service