Well folks, every community must have rules in order to function. If you do not agree with the rules, do not join, or unsubscribe NOW.)
The purposes of this Network are fourfold:
1. To help sharpen believers and challenge their thinking in the areas of theology and apologetics so they may grow spiritually and in wisdom, knowledge and understanding.
2. To provide a Network for discussion on different areas of Nazarene theology and relate them to the 'real world'.
3. Provide answers to questions that Nazarenes (and some non-Nazarenes)may have regarding Scriptural and historic Nazarene Judaism.
4. Build a community.
Nazarene Judaism has been under attack inwardly by bad doctrine and outwardly by pseudo-Nazarene and non-Nazarene groups. The believer is called to diligently contend (fight and defend) the faith (Jude 3-4). This is not only a defensive command, but an offensive one as well. Nazarenes should, as Paul did in Acts 17, challenge and dismantle the bankrupt philosophies of this world and correct them with the truth of Torah and Messiah.
While the focus of this Network is that it is geared toward Nazarene Judaism, Non-Nazarenes are welcome as well. The list has a few rules which should be adhered to by all, or you will be removed:
1. Respect everyone, even when you disagree. No ad hominem attacks, please. Sarcasm is useful as a rhetorical tool, but use it wisely. If you can't argue the topic and not the person, don't say anything at all (Prov. 15:1).
In short, no Lashon HaRa or slander is permitted on NazareneSpace.
You get one warning. Second offense, you're either banned or publicly stoned.
1a. Nazarene Space, while open to non-nazarenes, is focused upon the historic Nazarene faith. This is not a platform for preaching or presenting anti/non/pseudo Nazarene ideas. Occasionally, if a non-Nazarene (like an Ebionite, Christian, etc. ) pops up on the Network, I may 'lift the rules' to allow discussion and interaction, but don't look for it as a regular occurrence.
We reserve the right to limit the amount of non-Nazarenes presenting their ideas in dialogue, if I allow it to go on at all. If your purpose is only to attempt to draw Nazarenes away from Historic and Scriptural Nazarene Judaism, then join another Network. If you like to argue and really aren't concerned with learning, join another Network. There are two types of unbelievers- those searching for truth and those searching for an excuse not to believe. Examine your heart and decide which one you are.
There are some things within Nazarene Judaism that are "in-house" debates (e.g.-eschatology, spiritual gifts) but these issues are not points of fellowship. Issues such as the Deity of Messiah, virgin birth, Messiahship of Yeshua, Torah Observance, acceptance of the Tanak and Ketuvim Netzarim are part of the historic Nazarene faith. They are
2. No outside persons of ministries (that is other than the WNAE) should seek tithes, offerings or other donations on Nazarene Space.
3. THINK before you respond. Emotionalism can cloud one's response from being rational to irrational very quickly. Everyone's been guilty of it at one time or another.
4. Do not SPAM the Network When in doubt, e-mail the moderators and ask.
5. Profanity will not be tolerated.
6. Do not use Nazarene Space to promote doctrines which contradict the NazareneSpace statement of faith.
7. While the Torah does not forbid polygamy, it is our position that the ideal marriage in the soul of the Torah is a union of two souls becoming one, thus we ask you not to use Nazarene Space to promote polygamy.
8. Do not use Nazarene Space to promote the “Lunar Sabbath” theory. We feel that this issue has been thoroughly discussed and debated over the last few years and does not warrant further debate or discussion for years to come. It may only be debated in the Alternate Calendar Debate group.
9. Anti-Semitism will not be tolerated.
10. NazareneSpace is a Nazarene Judaism community. Do not try to use NazareneSpace to promote that Orthodox Rabbinic Judaism is true and that Nazarene Judaism is false, or that Rabbinic Judaism, not Nazarene Judaism holds the halachic authority.
11. We have established quite successfully that neither Mormonism or the Book of Mormon apart from Mormonism is compatible with this modern day restoration of Nazarene Judaism. We have done this not by silencing other voices by censoring them, but by silencing them with truth. However the purpose of this network is the restoration of the ancient sect of the Nazarenes, and the Book of Mormon is irrelevant to our goal here. Our position is not so weak that it connote withstand debate, however it has prevailed in debate by any measure one can use. Henceforth The Book of Mormon is no longer a "subject for debate" on Nazarene Space. The Book of Mormon has "had its day in court" and lost by any reasonable standard. We are a MOVEMENT, which means we are in MOTION, and we cannot stop and loiter so as to repeatedly fight the same fight over and over for days on end. Please do NOT use Nazarene Space to promote the Book of Moromon. If you believe in the Book of Mormon you are quite welcome to participate, as long as you are not using NazareneSpace to promote the Book of Mormon.
12. No Lashon HaRa is permitted. "Lashon HaRa" (the evil tongue) is the sin of harming another person with words, even when they are true. Those who would never harm a person with a stick, but would not hesitate to harm them with words.
The Torah tells us:
You shall not go up and down as a talebearer
among your people; neither shall you stand idly
by the blood of your neighbor: I am YHWH.
You shall not hate your brother in your heart.
You shall in no way rebuke your neighbor,
nor bring sin upon him,
You shall not avenge nor bear any grudge
against the children of your people,
but you shall love your neighbor as yourself.
I am YHWH.
From these verses we learn not to be a “talebearer” and we learn that we are not to run around rebuking others. We are not to run around saying “did you know that Fred….?” even if the information with which we have to rebuke Fred is true.
The tongue is a weapon that can destroy:
Be not called a detractor;
Use not your tongue for calumny
13: Curse the whisperer and doubletongued: for such have destroyed many that were at peace.
14: A backbiting tongue hath disquieted many, and driven them from
nation to nation: strong cities hath it pulled down, and overthrown the
houses of great men.
15: A backbiting tongue hath cast out virtuous women, and deprived the of their labours.
16: Whoso hearkeneth unto it shall never find rest, and never dwell quietly.
17: The stroke of the whip maketh marks in the flesh: but the stroke of the tongue breaketh the bones.
18: Many have fallen by the edge of the sword: but not so many as have fallen by the tongue.
19: Well is he that is defended through the venom thereof; who hath not
drawn the yoke thereof, nor hath been bound in her bands.
20: For the yoke thereof is a yoke of iron, and the bands thereof are bands of brass.
21: The death thereof is an evil death, the grave were better than it.
22: It shall not have rule over them that fear Elohim, neither shall they be burned with the flame thereof.
23: Such as forsake YHWH shall fall into it; and it shall burn in them,
and not be quenched; it shall be sent upon them as a lion, and devour
them as a leopard.
24: Look that thou hedge thy possession about with thorns, and bind up thy silver and gold,
25: And weigh thy words in a balance, and make a door and bar for thy mouth.
26: Beware thou slide not by it, lest thou fall before him that lieth in wait.
Ya’akov HaTzadik writes at length about how dangerous the tongue is (James 3:3-12).
While most men would not think of attacking another with a physical weapon, many will not think twice before harming another with Lashon HaRa.
When HaSatan comes before the throne of Elohim with accusation, there can be little doubt that the accusations are true (why would he even try to lie to the All-Knowing One). The Torah requires two witnesses for a case to brought. Thus HaSatan is always on the look out for a collaborating witness. When we engage in Lashon HaRa we place ourselves in the position of becoming HaSatan's collaborating witness.